• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who gives a damn about Half-Life 2??? It's all about Vampire: Bloodlines baby!!!

teiresias

I'm soooooo picking up Vampire instead of Half-Life 2 since they're both shipping the same day. Who's with me???!!!!!

Mrbob

I'll get it, but not right away. Or maybe I will get it right away and wait on Half Life 2?

I'm not sure yet. Don't want to buy both at once though as I can't play them both at the same time. And HL2 is already pre loaded on my computer...almost too easy to whip out the credit card and finish the transaction!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I don't think I trust Troika enough to buy one of their games pre-patch. Plus, it looks like it's running on a version of the Source engine that's far behind what HL2 uses. Or maybe that's just a gap between Valve and Troika in terms of their ability to utilize the engine's features. Valve did make the thing, after all.

Pimpbaa

MattKeil said:
I don't think I trust Troika enough to buy one of their games pre-patch.

Considering the game has been done for quite some time (they had to wait for hl2 to be released first), it should be pretty bug free. Unless they were just sitting on their asses all this time.

Ferrio

Banned
Pimpbaa said:
Considering the game has been done for quite some time (they had to wait for hl2 to be released first), it should be pretty bug free. Unless they were just sitting on their asses all this time.

Thumbs up on your wakuwaku avatar.

Mrbob

MattKeil said:
I don't think I trust Troika enough to buy one of their games pre-patch. Plus, it looks like it's running on a version of the Source engine that's far behind what HL2 uses. Or maybe that's just a gap between Valve and Troika in terms of their ability to utilize the engine's features. Valve did make the thing, after all.

They've had nearly a year to patch this game this thing should be practically spot free.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I believe that would make it the first Troika release without fatal bugs in it at launch, then. Here's hoping.

Vampire just landed in my lap today =) I also just built a new PC tonight for my g/f. Bet you can guess what the first thing I plan to do with it =)

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
MattKeil said:
I believe that would make it the first Troika release without fatal bugs in it at launch, then. Here's hoping.

If I say anything about this it'll jinx it. But I'm crossing both sets of fingers and burning two points from my blood pool for an extra finger-crossing action.

I would be so happy if Troika made a good game again.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's pretty fun. Haven't had too much time to play it since I have to finish Call of Duty: Finest Hour first.

Sjoerd

MattKeil said:

So much complaining about Troika. Have we forgot that there are worse things out there? The Fallout license did go to Bethesda...

dream

Plus, it looks like it's running on a version of the Source engine that's far behind what HL2 uses. Or maybe that's just a gap between Valve and Troika in terms of their ability to utilize the engine's features.

I think I read somewhere (PC Gamer?) that Troika deliberately toned down the graphics for some unspecified reason.

Bristow

Banned
vtmb.jpg

Bloodlines running on a Geforce 2 GTS. Yes, it's still playable.

Edit: The game isn't very good.

Cutley

Banned
From what i hear from people who have the pir8 version, it isnt to flash. No physics at all, cruddy textures, very few npc models etc. But ill still give it a shot.

Top Bottom