• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

Just a question for all of you guys. If someone said they wanted to move to Florida what place would you suggest if money was not a factor? What about if money WAS a factor?
Money not a factor? Easy-Boca Raton, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami..
Money a factor? Everywhere else.

Camp Lo

Banned
Just a question for all of you guys. If someone said they wanted to move to Florida what place would you suggest if money was not a factor? What about if money WAS a factor?

Money's always a factor but if it wasn't, I'd say where Tiger and Shaq lives over here in Isleworth. I got pulled over by cops for just driving through that shit, swear to god.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Citrus County area. No one near me except the one chap that said he was moving to Gainsville and a few Orlando folk ><

I've only lived here for a little over a year. Florida is weird and a lot of weird people and crime happen here lol

I'm in Inverness, and there's like two other people who at the very least have heard of CC :)

Messi

Where is the best place in Orlando to pick up NBA jerseys?

Lids? I am not even sure if it was Lids where I seen them. I mean the kinda pricey ones not the 50$ ones.

matt360

Lids?

Magic jerseys? I know there's an official Magic merch shop near the old arena, but I haven't been there in years. Otherwise, just go to any of the 1000 malls in the area. The outlets might also be a good bet.

Messi

Magic jerseys? I know there's an official Magic merch shop near the old arena, but I haven't been there in years. Otherwise, just go to any of the 1000 malls in the area. The outlets might also be a good bet.

No I am actually looking for a Thunder jersey for a friend.

Camp Lo

Banned

Lids? I am not even sure if it was Lids where I seen them. I mean the kinda pricey ones not the 50$ ones.

I got a garnett jersey from altamonte mall for 110 I think. Didn't see any throwbacks like Mitchell and Ness, the ones with the thick material not thin mesh.

You haven't been here in a while then. The FanAttic closed a long time ago and most if the malls don't keep pricey jerseys, only the cheap Adidas or Reebok ones.

matt360

I got a garnett jersey from altamonte mall for 110 I think. Didn't see any throwbacks like Mitchell and Ness, the ones with the thick material not thin mesh.

You haven't been here in a while then. The FanAttic closed a long time ago and most if the malls don't keep pricey jerseys, only the cheap Adidas or Reebok ones.

Ah yeah, the FanAttic, that was the name. So it closed, huh? That's kinda sad. About how long ago was that? I usually come back to FL about once a year, but I stick mostly to the Daytona area. I only go to Orlando for Disney/Universal/the Vietnamese town on 50. I miss it a lot, though.

Messi

These ones I can find easily. But I am looking for better ones. Namely Thunder and Lakers.

So while I am here. I am coming over to you guys in July this year. What is the Orlando weather like temp wise?

Camp Lo

Banned
These ones I can find easily. But I am looking for better ones. Namely Thunder and Lakers.

So while I am here. I am coming over to you guys in July this year. What is the Orlando weather like temp wise?

If there's any place to find one it's at Altamonte Mall. July could be a mixture of rain and heat with a few sunny days in between. It will definitely be better than the place you're coming from, weather wise.

Ah yeah, the FanAttic, that was the name. So it closed, huh? That's kinda sad. About how long ago was that? I usually come back to FL about once a year, but I stick mostly to the Daytona area. I only go to Orlando for Disney/Universal/the Vietnamese town on 50. I miss it a lot, though.

I wanna say ... well before the new arena was built. I think it's been torn down recently too. Even the Magic specialty shops around town have closed. There's no support for the Magic here outside that new arena.

It is pretty sad when you think about it.

Messi

If there's any place to find one it's at Altamonte Mall. July could be a mixture of rain and heat with a few sunny days in between. It will definitely be better than the place you're coming from, weather wise.

I wanna say ... well before the new arena was built. I think it's been torn down recently too. Even the Magic specialty shops around town have closed. There's no support for the Magic here outside that new arena.

It is pretty sad when you think about it.

Well it would not be hard to top irish weather.

Edit: I just googled Alamonte mall. I was there last year in May. nice place but it was fairly empty. Not a lot of people around. But thats where I seen the Lids shop.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Seems like half the people at my work live in Beverly Hills. I must say, I'm honestly quite surprised to find someone else on here from the area. It's pretty small-time!

I just moved here a little over a year ago. Lived in Michigan for 10 years and then before that SoCal until I was 18.

I was telling my wife that I probably have one of the best rigs in the county let alone FL. That was before I put together my x79 PC with 2 670's :p

Gotta represent!

gwarm01

I'm going to be moving to Orlando at the end of the month. Really looking forward to it. Grew up in GA near Savannah and my wife is from Ft. Pierce. Right now we live in Arkansas and we are excited to get the hell out of here and back to civilization..and Publix :)
Sup fellow Arkansan planning to move to Florida. We're moving from Little Rock to West Palm Beach this May. Very exciting.

Ah more people to Orlando...good, just don't be crazy mofos please. We got enough, you guys moving here for school or something? If so please don't say FullSail.

Camp Lo

Banned
Well it would not be hard to top irish weather.

Edit: I just googled Alamonte mall. I was there last year in May. nice place but it was fairly empty. Not a lot of people around. But thats where I seen the Lids shop.

I'll check this weekend to see if the store is still there. Actually there's NBA City in Universal City Walk, you might be able to get popular jerseys there.

Yep for profit schools are the worst. But ive worked on some cool tv shows thanks to it. Just trying to get to LA now after being out 5 years

That's cool at least you've gotten something out of it. I assume you're getting paid pretty well relative to how much they "estimate" you'll make coming out?

I have a few buddies who went to FS and are just utterly stuck.

Nakazato

That's cool at least you've gotten something out of it. I assume you're getting paid pretty well relative to how much they "estimate" you'll make coming out?

I have a few buddies who went to FS and are just utterly stuck.

Well issue is I live in Jacksonville (nothing really comes down here) so the money isnt flowing sadly but the experience is great love what I do and for your ppl that are stuck tell them to keep trying it will pay off tool me 3 years to get my 1st gig.

I'm in Oviedo, right next to UCF

Fuck UCF traffic
Fuck 436, I4, and university blvd traffic.17-92 me and you are cool

I used to live right outside Orlando.

My peeps still do and it sucks.. Florida, why you so crazy.
Donno yet but I might be returning next year or so.

Ramsiege

Sup fellow Arkansan planning to move to Florida. We're moving from Little Rock to West Palm Beach this May. Very exciting.

I live in Fayetteville right now, worked at the University of Arkansas for the last two years, but I never really felt at home here. Looking forward to go back East where I'll be closer to family and friends.

Oh and if you're thinking of eating at some decent restaurants late at night here in Orlando (excluding downtown), don't come here.

Place fucking sucks for eating out late. Everything closes at 10PM.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Representing 954 (Broward, Ft. Lauderdale)

I've seen some shit. Florida is a weird state.

If I stay in FL, I may apply to FHP. I know being a cop is dangerous, but I'd figure working traffic and citations all day is a lot safer than dealing with a 17 yo crackhead threatening to kill his baby's mama.

matt360

Anyone from Central Florida join in on the Bike Week festivities? Growing up in Daytona, for some reason I always hated race week but looooooved Bike Week and Biketoberfest. I met the OCC guys on numerous occasions, saw tons of titties (most of them I wish I hadn't), and got to see bands like ZZ Top and Steppenwolf for free!

Does Orlando get overflow from Bike Week? I imagine if you're not into it, then it can be a huge pain in the ass with all of the bikers on the road. I know Volusia County gets swamped, and in recent years St. Augustine gets a bunch of bikers too, but how far west do they go?

Well issue is I live in Jacksonville (nothing really comes down here) so the money isnt flowing sadly but the experience is great love what I do and for your ppl that are stuck tell them to keep trying it will pay off tool me 3 years to get my 1st gig.

Seems to be a common thing, I've heard many stories of some people taling 1-4 years to finally get their break despite being good at their field. I'll pass on the message, congrats on doing what you love!

Fuck 436, I4, and university blvd traffic.17-92 me and you are cool
Preach

Top Bottom