• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why the hell isn't M$ advertising the shit out of Halo 2 during the MLB playoffs?

I'm sitting here watching the NY/BOS game and I just saw a GT4 commrcial. When's it due? Like the middle of December? Halo 2 is out three weeks from now and not a single commercial. Stupid.

Sony marketing >>>>>> M$ marketing

GhaleonEB

Microsoft apparantly has a shitton of ads in the wings which will be unleashed a week or two before the 9th. I suspect they know they don't need to advertise it on TV to build awareness, as evidenced by the 1.5m preorder record.

I'd just run an ad on the 9th through Christmas that has the words: "Halo 2 is out now" in bold letters, held for 30 seconds while the 'monk theme' played. That would do it.

siamesedreamer said:
I'm sitting here watching the NY/BOS game and I just saw a GT4 commrcial. When's it due? Like the middle of December? Halo 2 is out three weeks from now and not a single commercial. Stupid.

Sony marketing >>>>>> M$ marketing

Sony's marketing blows everyone away it's not really anything new. When it comes to their big guns they don't play around, you'll see ads for it months in advance and months after its release while other companies only start a week before the games release and maybe advertise it a month or 2 afterwards.

garrickk

I think because EVERY AVAILABLE advertising slot is already reserved for a FOX show. I hate the "Rebel Millionaire."

EDIT: I did see the GT4 ad, but I think that was a 15 second spot - not a full 30 second spot - not enough for Halo2...

EDIT2: Go Boston - stupid umps couldn't see that fan almost catch that homerun

Top Bottom