• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wicked Teaser Trailer. The Musical? Prequel to the Wizard of Oz.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
It ain’t Hollywood if there isn’t a stupid, pointless and pandering race swap 😂

Also Ariana Grande Taco Supreme? Really this is the level we’ve reached?

Cheers to the future bombing 🍻

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Why does Elphaba have gigantic lip fillers? Is that really in character?

It's Cynthia Erivo. She doesn't need lip fillers because those are her real lips.
VT8mYcr.jpg
tCghGIn.jpg

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It ain’t Hollywood if there isn’t a stupid, pointless and pandering race swap 😂

Also Ariana Grande Taco Supreme? Really this is the level we’ve reached?

Cheers to the future bombing 🍻

It's based on the musical of the same name ... Multi Tony Award winning musical. Also, the wicked witch is green. What race swap? And Ariana is Italian.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It's based on the musical of the same name ... Multi Tony Award winning musical. Also, the wicked witch is green. What race swap? And Ariana is Italian.

I always thought Ariana Grande was a light skinned black girl ... 😯

Ariana_imageapr19.jpg
ariana-grande.jpg

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
REALLY?!?!

Yep. She looked mixed race to me, like Alicia Keys for instance.

To be honest, I've only seen random pics of her on news sites and forums. I know is she's a famous singer, but I don't know a single song by her and I'm perfectly fine with that. Not interested in modern pop music at all. I'm in my late fifties, I stopped following the latest music trends 20 years ago.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Yep. She looked mixed race to me, like Alicia Keys for instance.

To be honest, I've only seen random pics of her on news sites and forums. I know is she's a famous singer, but I don't know a single song by her and I'm perfectly fine with that. Not interested in modern pop music at all. I'm in my late fifties, I stopped following the latest music trends 20 years ago.

Well, I'll say this. Her vocal range is similar to Whitney Houston's. Cynthia Erivo (the wicked witch) is close to that, as well.

Ariana ...

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Justin Timberlake What GIF

The Wicked play came out in 2003, and the original book came out in 1995…
yep...so more realistically Wicked is the progenitor of every cringe rainbow connection men are trash yaaas queen power fantasy movie released today.....ie....every movie released today.

I love the original wizard of oz....which by the way is a movie about a teenage girl lead character that is able to lead 3 men on the path to finding what they want and saving a kingdom....well technically the dog does the last part but hey she raised that dog.

So many things can be done with the oz stories...and everyone does none of them

Top Bottom