• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

maxcriden

How good is the Yoga in these games? I have a Yoga app that i've reached the limit of how much I can do for free, and it's $20 to unlock the rest of the app, which is the same price as a used balance board.

I'm definitely not even past the beginners level of yoga, so it doesn't need to be super advanced, just challenging for the beginner to intermediate level for me to be happy!

I agree with Robin64. Yoga in previous Wii Fit games has been great. Most or all of the Bikram poses are in there too, so you can (safely!) do some "hot" Yoga too.

Can you compare your records in each game with the neogaf community members? Please say it's possible...

Theres not a direct comparison thing, but when you join a community, the miis from the community show up in your personal plaza. Tapping/touching each Mii shows you their graph. It seems data recorded before you join the community are not counted towards the community data however, my body test results dont show on my graph. Plus I've already done yoga but that isn't counting towards the community total.

maxcriden

It's good to hear that the scales and activities carry over to the U version. I guess everyone's pig resetting makes us all on even ground.

I want to try the dancing games but don't own any Wii Motion + controllers. Guess I'll be shopping for some today. Been putting off picking them up for a while now anyway.

Still not available for download here :(

I would definitely recommend Wii Party U as a good way to get one.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I just got one of those Wii Party U Wiimote Plus controllers too. What's nice is its the newest model with the Sync button on the outside.

Eeep mistakenly unstarred the community on miiverse and now it gives me an error if I try to re-fave. I cant see posts now too, awkward

oti

Banned
Yep, my third-party balance board thinks I'm 10 kg lighter than I really am. Guess I have to get a Nintendo balance board then.

Lenardo

Banned
I'M NOT Going to bother to xfer over my wiifit/wiifit+ stats and start fresh...

yes my mii is going to be fat. i doubt i will be able to get it to go skinny- i have a long torso and short legs. wiifit+ said i should weigh 145, i weigh ~188. i think 165ish will be perfect for me ( i am 5'9" and have a 28" inseam) i'll be breaking out the balance board out from under the ottoman and trying this tonite- meter is coming from Amazon supposedly tuesday, cost me 5 bucks due to having an amazon visa and i used my points.

first time i used wiifit i went from 192 to 180, stayed at 180-185 for 4 years.

my "goal" is to do this 3-4 times a week for ~45 minutes at a time. i want to drop down to 170ish

Robin64

So no retail stores in the US are carrying this?

According to various sources, the only store to have it at launch is Toys R' Us. I haven't seen any proof though, so maybe ring one up.

Edit: I mean the Fit Meter. The rest isn't out at retail yet.

Try changing the community entirely and then rejoining ours.

Ah fixed it! First time I tried to rejoin, it told me there was an error with posting my "first post" and seemed to auto correct it when I tried again. Phew

But yeah, confirmed that if you have a private user community, while it is subject to Miiverse moderation (after swapnote-gate, it's the best we can hope for) - it's totally invisible to anyone who isn't a member.

One note: There's one way to see posts while locked out, and that's in Wii Fit U alone when you click on Mii's, you'll see their most recent post only however - and you'll get errors if you try to reply or yeah.

prag16

Banned
I'M NOT Going to bother to xfer over my wiifit/wiifit+ stats and start fresh...

yes my mii is going to be fat. i doubt i will be able to get it to go skinny- i have a long torso and short legs. wiifit+ said i should weigh 145, i weigh ~188. i think 165ish will be perfect for me ( i am 5'9" and have a 28" inseam) i'll be breaking out the balance board out from under the ottoman and trying this tonite- meter is coming from Amazon supposedly tuesday, cost me 5 bucks due to having an amazon visa and i used my points.

first time i used wiifit i went from 192 to 180, stayed at 180-185 for 4 years.

my "goal" is to do this 3-4 times a week for ~45 minutes at a time. i want to drop down to 170ish

Does it strictly go by BMI? I'm sure it'll make my Mii fat too even though not a single person in their right mind would ever call me fat. Yet according to BMI I WELL into overweight territory on the verge of obesity.

I guess BMI is only for people who can bench press less than 150 pounds and/or have never touched a weight in their life...

jts

...hate me...
Shit, it happened what I feared. My Fit Meter was shipped already by amazon UK, and TODAY my local retailer finally lists it, so probably they have it in store.

And I don't want to wait for mine to arrive next Tuesday or so, if I can avoid it, so I'll just get another one, ending up with 2 Fit Meters.

Sigh.

The other one will be a gift for my sister or dog, haha.

Robin64

Does it strictly go by BMI? I'm sure it'll make my Mii fat too even though not a single person in their right mind would ever call me fat. Yet according to BMI I WELL into overweight territory on the verge of obesity.

I guess BMI is only for people who can bench press less than 150 pounds and/or have never touched a weight in their life...

Yeah. According to Wii Fit, I am obese. Nobody would even describe me as fat. But it works with raw weight too.

Neil just posted this in the Miiverse community. Looks like it's beginning to populate ingame!

zlCfzRLFG3gLzgdrhP

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Is it possible for one user to join a community, while all the other users aren't?
I'm not the only person using this game, but I'm the only person on NeoGAF and I'd rather the other people using it don't join the NeoGAF community :p

Robin64

Is it possible for one user to join a community, while all the other users aren't?
I'm not the only person using this game, but I'm the only person on NeoGAF and I'd rather the other people using it don't join the NeoGAF community :p

It should be a seperate community for each person, as the community section is in Training once you have selected your Mii.

ekadish

Where do I find the code that's been mentioned in terms of going the community? Here's hoping some 'peer pressure' helps me keep up with exercising...

kitsuneyo

Neil just posted this in the Miiverse community. Looks like it's beginning to populate ingame

That's me btw, I was thinking of changing my Mii name to the same as my NNID but I prefer my own name for local multi. Shame there's not an option to use your ID in some cases.

Robin64

Where do I find the code that's been mentioned in terms of going the community? Here's hoping some 'peer pressure' helps me keep up with exercising...

Hit the quote button on the first post and look at the very top. There'll be a hidden number. That's the one.

axisofweevils

I have the code, but I don't know how you join the community. Sorry for being dense. Navigating Wii Fit U feels far more complex than the original :p

Robin64

Can you potentially join multiple communities or are you limited to just one?

You can only be in one at any one time. If you're in the GAF one and then join another one, anything you do while in the other one won't count towards GAF for that duration.

I have the code, but I don't know how you join the community. Sorry for being dense. Navigating Wii Fit U feels far more complex than the original :p

Community tab in Training. Should be orange. Then there should be a button at the bottom to join one if you know the code.

Glass Joe

Fit meter

Amazon.com:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #58 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#1 in Video Games > Wii U > Accessories > Cables & Adapters > Adapters

Toys R US:
Backordered

Not bad, I hope Nintendo really advertises this.

Pretty good ranking, but there's probably a lot more demand from amazon specifically since I'm not sure stores are carrying the actual meter. At least that's why I went through amazon (I won't have the meter till around the 7th). If anyone does find it in the wild (Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Gamestop etc), let me know!

Is this still not up in NA yet?

Another 10 minutes or so, the US shop updates at noon EST.

joedick

Shit, it happened what I feared. My Fit Meter was shipped already by amazon UK, and TODAY my local retailer finally lists it, so probably they have it in store.

And I don't want to wait for mine to arrive next Tuesday or so, if I can avoid it, so I'll just get another one, ending up with 2 Fit Meters.

Sigh.

Buy it at a store with a return policy, keep the receipt. When it comes in the mail, take that one back to the store along with the original receipt.

But I'd rather you give it to your dog :p

joedick

Anybody know where to get a fit meter in Canada? Most retail websites don't even have it listed (Future Shop, Best Buy, Toys R Us). EB has it listed as a preorder. Only Amazon seems to have it. I'll hunt around today when I run my errands, then I'll just get it from Amazon I guess (I'll have to spend an extra 5 to get free shipping though).

joedick

Yeah, just give it a bit of a scrub first.

Somebody mentioned to check the battery compartment before you buy, which seems wise. Might want to make sure it comes with the attachments for the legs - I think they are if you are using it on carpet?

Sigh.

You could always return the Amazon one for a refund (though having one for your dog sounds like more fun).

Top Bottom