• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

dock

If you're in the market for a Wii Remote Plus, Wii Party U is a $10 game. I think even solo you'll get $10 worth of entertainment, just checking everything out.

Ordering from amazon.co.uk, the Wii Remote Plus is £36, whereas Wii Party U is £35.
Wii Motion Play, with the red controller, is the cheapest Wii Remote option at £32, and some of the minigames are great!

Coolwhip

Banned
Good choice of name Nintendo. Wii Fit U. A lot of people will understand this is the new version of Wii Fit they need to own!!

cough

maxcriden

Downloaded, installed, psyched to get into it later on or tomorrow depending. Still getting over an illness but hoping I'm well enough to do at least some light exercising.

HeySeuss

So since the community doesn't see weight info and only sees completed goals, couldn't we still do a community weight loss contest as long as everybody sets the same goal? Like say anybody that wants in on it sets a goal to lose 20 pounds or whatever and the first one to hit the goal wins.

That would be a good workaround right?

Kouriozan

So since the community doesn't see weight info and only sees completed goals, couldn't we still do a community weight loss contest as long as everybody sets the same goal? Like say anybody that wants in on it sets a goal to lose 20 pounds or whatever and the first one to hit the goal wins.

That would be a good workaround right?

Or maybe we can post screenshot of our graph in the community, I'm sure we can find something.

EDIT : Nevermind, just saw JennyTablina's post about that >.<
I'll try to post mine by uploading to the web directly.

EDIT 2 : We can't either, aww

Kuntz

I love how the first results are always frustrating and vexing.
You want to beat the shit out of the fucking game that is your own body.

I won't lose to you, fat arse !

Ah shit! We checked all electronics stores here in town and the Meters are nowhere to be found. My gf is going on a big trip tomorrow and wanted to take here one with her. bummer!

The game is downloading now.

hiro4

Anyone here already connected 2 fit meters to the console to see how it works?
Rather have some info before finding it out all myself.

Can't find the Meter anywhere here in Edmonton. I even talked to a Nintendo rep that was in EB Games yesterday and she didn't even know what the Fit Meter was.

CDX

Downloaded.

Installed.

Right when I was booting up the game, the mailman came with my Fit Meter from Amazon.com

And now synced Fit Meter with the game.

Chairhome

Went to Toys R Us for the meter and they said that it was "In Transit". I'll either order online or check back Sunday. :-/

NeoRausch

aw shit!
you can now unlock different outfits for your Mii! (main start screen, left hand side, click on the coat hangers)

edit:

out of nowhere: the new dancing games and the climbing jumped to my faces!

n00body

Neo Member
Okay, guys, the GAF community is live!

Quote this post to see the code, then join up!

mybodyisready_9adb96731jbl.jpg

Cherubae

I'm downloaded and my meter is synced up. I wasn't expecting the meter to be so small, but I'm glad it is. I was anticipating having to carry a '90s pager-size thing around.

The import settings from Wii Fit Plus also grabbed my cat's profile and stats, so I can continue to weigh him after my own workouts.

I get the server connect error when trying to join the GAF gym too, so I guess it isn't working yet for North America.

Storm360

So, can anyone confirm how this works with families yet? will one fit meter activate us all? Do we need to exit out to the Wii U OS to switch profiles?

oatmeal

Banned
Just played for a half hour, I never played PLUS but I bought the first one when the insanity hype was going.

It's very same-y, but with a LOT of additions. It's pretty impressive at how much content there is...

The Mario courses are pretty amazing, my son wanted me to hold him which fucked me up a lot...but yeah. It's pretty cool. I'll buy it, but I don't know if I'll use it (I'm more of a P90x/T25 guy).

HeySeuss

So, can anyone confirm how this works with families yet? will one fit meter activate us all? Do we need to exit out to the Wii U OS to switch profiles?

I'm fairly certain each person needs their own fit meter as it only works with one profile. Its 1 fit meter per mii.

That's prolly why they are 19.99.

So I like this game but WHY THE FREAKING HECK can't I sync my step count from my 3DS instead of having to carry around a stupid Activity Meter.

Seriously, the 3DS already comes with me everywhere in my pocket. It's already tracking all of my steps. And it's made by the exact same company. Why on earth would Nintendo make you use an additional, completely redundant device?!?!?!

This is annoying me to no end.

So I like this game but WHY THE FREAKING HECK can't I sync my step count from my 3DS instead of having to carry around a stupid Activity Meter.

Seriously, the 3DS already comes with me everywhere in my pocket. It's already tracking all of my steps. And it's made by the exact same company. Why on earth would Nintendo make you use an additional, completely redundant device?!?!?!

It's not completely redundant, in that the Fit Meter also measures elevation and intensity, and Wii Fit calculates calories burned based on that data.

Glass Joe

You sound a little too stressed about the whole thing. Yes it would be nice if you could sync up your 3DS steps. But the Wii Fit Meter sounds much more advanced and accurate in what it does. It should be pretty handy and unlocks the full game for only $20.

So maybe consider Wii Fit U the $20 game and the meter a free perk?

Terrell

Good choice of name Nintendo. Wii Fit U. A lot of people will understand this is the new version of Wii Fit they need to own!!

cough
Logical thinking, you lack it.
Also, might wanna check the commercial they posted for it on eShop. The most crystal clear marketing they've done for the console yet.

kitsuneyo

There are no community scoreboards so far. Maybe it syncs everyone's scores at a set time of day. But it's gonna be a shame if they missed out that feature.

hutna

What are the options one has for transferring data from Wii Fit+?

Is it possible without doing the Wii system transfer (via SD card or WiiMote or something)?

I can confirm a few things.

One fit meter is enough to unlock the application for free, your family does not need their own Fit meter to unlock it out of trial mode.

If you have Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus data, Wii Fit U imports it over as individual profile data. So you import your own personal data, and they import their own data for set up.

They do need to log into their own profile for initial set up of their own accounts. I assume it should be interchangeable, without needing to switch profiles, once you have the account set up and you've done the mandatory first Body Test

oatmeal

Banned

I think the Fit Meter just unlocks the game, not a particular profile.

You can switch profiles inside the game, it's much smoother than before.

Mario courses?!

Not actually Mario...just obstacle and platforming. Feels like a Mario game :)

Chorazin

Checked TRU on a whim, no Fit Meters. Gonna swing by Best Buy and check, but if they don't have it I'll just order from good ol' Amazon. :-D

NeoRausch

Not actually Mario...just obstacle and platforming. Feels like a Mario game :)

to be clear:

registering ONE FitMeter unlocks the game for ALL accounts on ONE WIIU!

got that?

Storm360

Thanks, guess we'll try it tonight, I have a Wii Fit board but no actual games, so interested to see how this is since I don't have time to go to gyms etc now, since all my time that isn't spent at university is spent studying.

Dragoshi1

Lol christ I tried tru, best buy, target and gamestop. Nothing. Great job Nintendo.

Every store I went to told me they didn't know anything about the Wii Fit Meter.

My local Gamestop told me their system had it listed as online only, so I ordered it through them.

Bog

Junior Ace
Found a stack at TRU. No shelf label or anything.

Edit: Rang up as "Can't be sold until 12/13". Amazing.

Edit 2: Got them to override it eventually.

jlscool

Sorry, just reposting this since it is relevent to the discussion and I was at the bottom of page 13...

I just went up to Toys r Us and after calling before-hand to make sure they had a Wii Fit U Meter, they just told me that they cannot sell it to me because it now has a street date of 12/13/2013. If that was correct and I started playing the trial today, I would have to stop playing before I could register the product. I am guessing they got the Wii Fit Meter mixed up with the retail game or could it be there is a defect in the Fit Meter and are doing a recall? Do any of you that have a Fit Meter have any issues with it yet?

New002

I called two local TRU stores and they had them in the system but none on the floor. I'm going to stop by both locations tomorrow to see if maybe they just hadn't been taken out of the back and put on the floor yet.

That might explain it. How dumb.

Bog

Junior Ace
I called two local TRU stores and they had them in the system but none on the floor. I'm going to stop by both locations tomorrow to see if maybe they just hadn't been taken out of the back and put on the floor yet.

I got them to sell me 2 by showing them that they're in stock on Amazon. Worth a try.

Top Bottom