• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

Gabe3208

Banned
By the way, the Fit Meter works for dogs. The ingame explanation mentions how METs are calculated differently for dogs and shows a doggy face instead of a Mii on the Fit Meter.

Haha, that's pretty sweet. I have my 3 dogs on Wii Fit Plus.

Does anyone know if it's possible, and if so, how to transfer our data from Wii Fit Plus (on original Wii) to Wii Fit U (on the Wii U)?

Kouriozan

Last screenshot because I really like those Miis model.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01j6zp2.jpg

Smash 4 foreshadowing :p
The dark blue Mii is my brother's one.

Eric C

Does anyone know if any brick and mortar stores will be stocking the meters today? I'm going to call around after I get off work but figured I'd ask just in case someone has already checked around. Thanks!

Someone posted a link earlier in the thread that said only ToyRUs was going to have them in stock Today, and I think some GameStops only got enough for preorders.

I guess you'd have to call around your local stores to be sure if thats true or not.

Robin64

Haha, that's pretty sweet. I have my 3 dogs on Wii Fit Plus.

Does anyone know if it's possible, and if so, how to transfer our data from Wii Fit Plus (on original Wii) to Wii Fit U (on the Wii U)?

On the Wii: Move your save data to an SD card.
On the Wii U: Plug that SD card in, go into Wii mode, move save data from SD card to Wii mode.
Then load up the game and import.

New002

Someone posted a link earlier in the thread that said only ToyRUs was going to have them in stock Today, and I think some GameStops only got enough for preorders.

I guess you'd have to call around your local stores to be sure if thats true or not.

Got it. Thanks! My guess was that if GameStop didn't have any Toys R Us might. I'll definitely give both of them a call after work. Hope I can find two :/

Gabe3208

Banned
On the Wii U: Plug that SD card in, go into Wii mode, move save data from SD card to Wii mode.

Cool, thanks. Now to wait for that download button to appear here in NA!!!

dock

My Fit Meter arrived! Just in time for the weekend! :)

How seamless is the transfer from Wii Fit Plus? Do I keep my logged hours, and my golden pig? I haven't yet copied my save file to the Wii U (because I was using it just this morning on the Wii), but I'll do so tonight while I wait for the download.

prag16

Banned
Got a used balance board for $30, and tested it with Wii Street U. I know I could have gotten one for less soon, or even now, but this thing is immaculate; looks almost brand new. Some of the ones gamestop will sell for $15 will undoubtedly be horrifyingly beat up and grungy.

Fit Meter is out for delivery from Amazon. Can get started tonight if they ever get this download up in NA.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that a hardware limitation? In which case, almost certainly.
The balance board can hold nearly twice as much as the limit imposed in the game, so I think it's just software. There's ways to trick it, but I'm just curious if they changed it.

kitsuneyo

How seamless is the transfer from Wii Fit Plus? Do I keep my logged hours, and my golden pig?

Totally seamless for me, all same games unlocked, time and graphs transferred, stamp choice even transferred. Dunno about golden pig though, when do you get that?

maxcriden

Aww, just called Gamestop and he had no idea what I was talking about. :(

(Checked their site and it says online only.)

ETA: just ordered a couple on Amazon, they'll be here Tuesday. Much easier!

Two questions, guys:

1.) Can I initiate Wii U digital downloads from a remote computer?

2.) Once I get the Fit Meter, can I use it before syncing it to the Wii U for the first time? I'm getting it delivered to work today, and since I'll walk home after work this evening, I was wondering if I can record my commute or if I first need to link it to the software when I arrive home.

My Fit Meter arrived! Just in time for the weekend! :)

How seamless is the transfer from Wii Fit Plus? Do I keep my logged hours, and my golden pig? I haven't yet copied my save file to the Wii U (because I was using it just this morning on the Wii), but I'll do so tonight while I wait for the download.

Your weight graph is taken forward as are any activities you unlocked before- but my FitPig reset so effectively it's being considered a start over. My dad's gonna be bummed because he had a Platnium FitPig,

Did my first weigh in just now, I lost 4lbs, gonna join the neo gaf group in a few minutes. Also is it me or is communities getting their own board a bit of a megaton? Now we have our own Miiverse space! : D

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Two questions, guys:

1.) Can I initiate Wii U digital downloads from a remote computer?

2.) Once I get the Fit Meter, can I use it before syncing it to the Wii U for the first time? I'm getting it delivered to work today, and since I'll walk home after work this evening, I was wondering if I can record my commute or if I first need to link it to the software when I arrive home.

No and no.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can you copy the save or does it have to be a move? Although I guess there's no reason to keep the Wii around after I get this all set up.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I wondered if the new body test would have new exercises. The answer is YES! And man, are they tough.... Holding the gamepad while getting weighed takes some getting used to.

I wondered if the new body test would have new exercises. The answer is YES! And man, are they tough.... Holding the gamepad while getting weighed takes some getting used to.

I got the a new one where you have to balance your weight while moving the gamepad around the space to hit a red circle, 3 goes on the first time

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I got the a new one where you have to balance your weight while moving the gamepad around the space to hit a red circle, 3 goes on the first time

Same here, LOL!

Some of the exercises are Nice. That Scuba diving exercise could almost be Endless Ocean 3.

m0t0k1

Does anybody know if the fit meter also support biking. I do that a lot so it would be very important for me to have support for that.

Tokieda

I had a chance to play for 30 minutes before leaving for the weekend.

This was my first time playing Wii Fit ever, and I really enjoyed it actually. I thought I wouldn't like the yoga/muscle training stuff, but the male trainer and his British accent was really, I dunno, welcoming. I can see myself going back to do exercises several times a week.

I also tried the bobsleigh - which was very hard. After two tries I had to stop, I'm so outta shape...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you all on Miiverse soon, I'll join after the weekend. Stay fit!

Chorazin

How good is the Yoga in these games? I have a Yoga app that i've reached the limit of how much I can do for free, and it's $20 to unlock the rest of the app, which is the same price as a used balance board.

I'm definitely not even past the beginners level of yoga, so it doesn't need to be super advanced, just challenging for the beginner to intermediate level for me to be happy!

Robin64

How good is the Yoga in these games? I have a Yoga app that i've reached the limit of how much I can do for free, and it's $20 to unlock the rest of the app, which is the same price as a used balance board.

I'm definitely not even past the beginners level of yoga, so it doesn't need to be super advanced, just challenging for the beginner to intermediate level for me to be happy!

Yoga in Wii Fit is amazing thanks to that board. You can perfectly see your balance and there are a lot of poses to try.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I think there is everything from Wii Fit Plus, they added an "ultimate" difficulty for some, I'll try to unlock everything.

Haha, my brother is in the exact same situation :p

Just tried the first dancing game, it's incredible, I like it a lot!
Awesome.

What I like the most about this digital game is that I will now reuse my balance board for its main function: easily check my weight on a weekly basis.

dock

Totally seamless for me, all same games unlocked, time and graphs transferred, stamp choice even transferred. Dunno about golden pig though, when do you get that?
After 10 hours your Fit Pig becomes Bronze.
20 hours = Silver, and 40 hours = Gold.
I have 200+ hours logged.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Can you compare your records in each game with the neogaf community members? Please say it's possible...

Chorazin

Yoga in Wii Fit is amazing thanks to that board. You can perfectly see your balance and there are a lot of poses to try.

Nice! Thanks for the quick reply, just put in a request for my local Gamestop to dig a used Balance Board out of the back for me! The rest of the games will be a nice bonus for me! :-D

Cherubae

Your weight graph is taken forward as are any activities you unlocked before- but my FitPig reset so effectively it's being considered a start over. My dad's gonna be bummed because he had a Platnium FitPig,

It's good to hear that the scales and activities carry over to the U version. I guess everyone's pig resetting makes us all on even ground.

I want to try the dancing games but don't own any Wii Motion + controllers. Guess I'll be shopping for some today. Been putting off picking them up for a while now anyway.

Still not available for download here :(

Top Bottom