• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

PikaED

Downloading, got my balance board, an my fit meter is coming in the mail...
Let's get Fit!
America's version is 1GB less!
That is probably the other languages (voice acting, ect.) that make up the extra GB.
i could be bs-ing though
Edit: Beaten on the last page.

Somebody mentioned to check the battery compartment before you buy, which seems wise. Might want to make sure it comes with the attachments for the legs - I think they are if you are using it on carpet?

alright thanks! I will check when I hit the Gamestop in a little bit.

SuperPac

Got the Fit Meter in the mail yesterday - the wife rolled her eyes as I dragged out the Balance Board. I didn't end up playing Wii Fit Plus much - but I'm kind of in need to a workout-something and am no longer next door to a gym like I was a year ago. :'(

On that note, really glad the British VA's for Wii Fit Trainer Woman and Male are back - I'm used to them from Wii Fit and was worried we'd get the American voices instead, hope this bodes well for Smash too

The Fit Meter is really easy to pair to the game, you just tap on the Wii Fit Meter in the Individual Plaza and it guides you though it, also apparently the meter will make a little fanfare when you've hit significant landmarks such as your calorie loss goal. I just went up the stairs and it made a little jingle for my first movement haha.

Somebody mentioned to check the battery compartment before you buy, which seems wise. Might want to make sure it comes with the attachments for the legs - I think they are if you are using it on carpet?

Yeah, the leg extenders are for using the Balance Board on a shaggy carpet. And they fall off easily when the board is lifted, so could easily be lost.

Robin64

On that note, really glad the British VA's for Wii Fit Trainer Woman and Male are back - I'm used to them from Wii Fit and was worried we'd get the American voices instead, hope this bodes well for Smash too

I also hope we can pick the new green versions in Smash as skins.

cacildo

Im not getting the full picture here: so people on your "group" can see your weight and how much you lost and is everybody on a weight loss competition?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
My fit piggy just turned gold. Seems that data did carry over after all.

Oh, and I've just joined the GAF community. I'm Axis1500. My Mii looks far fatter than I am IRL. :p

jts

...hate me...
Buy it at a store with a return policy, keep the receipt. When it comes in the mail, take that one back to the store along with the original receipt.

But I'd rather you give it to your dog :p

You could always return the Amazon one for a refund (though having one for your dog sounds like more fun).
Haha, valid options guys. Returning the Amazon one to the local store is particularly ingenious and seems easy to pull off. But yeah, dog.

Well I'll check the store after work and later decide :D

HYPE to join the GAF club.

Robin64

Im not getting the full picture here: so people on your "group" can see your weight and how much you lost and is everybody on a weight loss competition?

The community isn't about weight at all. That information isn't shared.

What gets shared is achievements and activity trends and when people hit personal goals.

kitsuneyo

No, unless you post a screen. People can see when you hit a goal, you can share stuff on Miiverse, you can see each other's training history. Miis show up in-game. Stuff like that.

Error_g

I'll probably check it out tonight regardless, but could anyone give me an idea of how good/bad this game is without a TV?

My TV has been busted for about a month now and I'm still working on getting it fixed, so I'm just wondering how much you need it for the activities.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Anyone knows if this runs in 1080p? Seems like it should, since the visuals are all so simple. Seems like Wii Sports Club should too, for the same reason.

..kinda expecting 720p regardless. But would be nice to be surprised.

kitsuneyo

Anyone knows if this runs in 1080p? Seems like it should, since the visuals are all so simple. Seems like Wii Sports Club should too, for the same reason.

..kinda expecting 720p regardless. But would be nice to be surprised.

Sports Club is 1080p I think. Dunno about this.

I'll probably check it out tonight regardless, but could anyone give me an idea of how good/bad this game is without a TV?

My TV has been busted for about a month now and I'm still working on getting it fixed, so I'm just wondering how much you need it for the activities.

You can probably get by but you'll want your TV. I played Wii Fit Plus on the GamePad a couple of times and it was too hard to see instructions.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It's a full access community. Once you've signed up to ingame, you can post anything you want to it, even from your PC.
What I mean is, is it possible to create specific threads of discussion, or is it a generic one with mere tags as filters?

Robin64

What I mean is, is it possible to create specific threads of discussion, or is it a generic one with mere tags as filters?

You could post something that had specific discussion if you wanted. The game posts to it with tags, but there is free posting too.

cacildo

The community isn't about weight at all. That information isn't shared.

What gets shared is achievements and activity trends and when people hit personal goals.

mn....

that´s... a shame... i was ready to share my weight and go on a crazy weight loss competition

This is going to sell consoles -_- but I'm curious anyone lost a lot of weight from previous version.

Like any other weight loss regime, you only see benefits in Wii Fit if you really stick to a daily routine, but I can honestly vouch that the original Wii Fit has worked for me. I started in June at 39.57 BMI - I am now 32.13 BMI - in real world terms, I was 13 and a half stone, I'm now almost 12 stone.

Tried posting my graph to the community board but apparently you can only post images while your in the training plaza. Anything outside of that you can't post.

I fell a little out of routine in the past 2 months so I could of done better than that, currently recovering from an infection so taking it slow till I'm better

Pittree

Okay, guys, the GAF community is live!

Quote this post to see the code, then join up!

Great!
Downloading now and joining after install. I am amazed at the response for this game on Gaf. I still play the wii version on my WiiU and for a moment I felt alone in this one. However now that there is even a Gaf community I don' feel such a weirdo...oh wait!

Tak3n

Banned
Will join the community later on tonight, just to say the restaurant game is a great one for kids/family

Just grabbed a Balance board for $17.99 from Gamestop. Its in really good condition but it was missing two of the feet. I had the employee check but he could only find 1 more. Oh well my carpet it not very shag and is pretty low.

I can always buy more on ebay.

can't wait!!

DyTonic

Banned
Like any other weight loss regime, you only see benefits in Wii Fit if you really stick to a daily routine, but I can honestly vouch that the original Wii Fit has worked for me. I started in June at 39.57 BMI - I am now 32.13 BMI - in real world terms, I was 13 and a half stone, I'm now almost 12 stone.

Tried posting my graph to the community board but apparently you can only post images while your in the training plaza. Anything outside of that you can't post.

I fell a little out of routine in the past 2 months so I could of done better than that, currently recovering from an infection so taking it slow till I'm better

That's good to hear, was wondering if it was insanity like exercises.

kitsuneyo

Do we get community leaderboards for games with scores?

I wish they would update Nintendo Land with private comms and scores.

zroid

Banned
Guys, do the 31 days start ticking right from when you download the software, or is it after you first use it?

I just got my old Wii Fit Balance Board out of storage and it still had batteries in it. Apparently they had started to leak and it screwed up the battery contacts. I was able to clean them off a bit and got it to work, but you should definitely check this before buying used.

dock

This is going to sell consoles -_- but I'm curious anyone lost a lot of weight from previous version.

I lost over 100lbs a few years ago, over a 18 month period, largely thanks to Wii Fit. Of course I worked to limit my eating and drinking habits too, but monitoring my weight and doing some exercise 5 days a week made a big difference.

Some of that weight has snuck back on in the last 18 months or so, largely due to lapse in diet and stress, so I'm keen to get it back down so I can wear some of those clothes again. :)

The BMI thing is super annoying for me because I'm 6'3" and pretty stocky. Honestly at my lowest weight my face was looking pretty gaunt, so I shouldn't aim to go that low again.

The communities feature sounds like a good method for doing my weight loss challenge thread again next year. Maybe it'll work for me this time.

J.W.Crazy

I lost about 40 lbs. using Wii Fit Plus. I big part of that was that I've almost completely stopped drinking soda and other high sugar drinks but other than that I've barely changed my mostly unhealthy diet. Where Wii Fit helped was with setting goals and keeping track of them and more importantly getting me to be more active. It had a tremendous affect on my desire to be active. After about a month or so I was mountain biking pretty regularly for the first time in years.

Hopefully Wii Fit U gives me an extra push because I've still got 15 or 20 lbs. to go towards my target weight and though I haven't gained back any weight I haven't actually being using Wii Fit Plus for months. The Fit Meter is exactly the kind of daily feed back that keeps me interested.

I just got my old Wii Fit Balance Board out of storage and it still had batteries in it. Apparently they had started to leak and it screwed up the battery contacts. I was able to clean them off a bit and got it to work, but you should definitely check this before buying used.

I checked the battery compartment and it was clean and looked new. There were some rechargeables in there too!

woot.

I don't have anyone interested irl in playing wii with me so a party game probably sucks solo?

From playing Wii Party U alone yesterday it does suck solo (got for $40 from Newegg). It doesn't have solo stuff like Nintendo Land and Game & Wario. I did play a couple of hours of Rabbids TV Party for Wii solo as that had costume stuff to unlock, cutscenes and online leaderboards.

kitsuneyo

I lost over 100lbs a few years ago, over a 18 month period, largely thanks to Wii Fit. Of course I worked to limit my eating and drinking habits too, but monitoring my weight and doing some exercise 5 days a week made a big difference.

Some of that weight has snuck back on in the last 18 months or so, largely due to lapse in diet and stress, so I'm keen to get it back down so I can wear some of those clothes again. :)

The BMI thing is super annoying for me because I'm 6'3" and pretty stocky. Honestly at my lowest weight my face was looking pretty gaunt, so I shouldn't aim to go that low again.

I'm 6' 5" and Wii Fit says I should be 186 lb. At that weight I look like Peter Crouch or Stephen Merchant. I don't wanna go far below 200 lb. I reckon it's best to ignore the BMI stuff and go for the weight you're happy with.

joedick

Just grabbed a Balance board for $17.99 from Gamestop. Its in really good condition but it was missing two of the feet. I had the employee check but he could only find 1 more. Oh well my carpet it not very shag and is pretty low.

I can always buy more on ebay.

can't wait!!

You can also buy them from Nintendo's website.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I don't have anyone interested irl in playing wii with me so a party game probably sucks solo?

I enjoyed playing the game alone. This game is better played in small increments. It's good value but that Mario or Luigi Wii Remote Plus are tempting though.

jlscool

I just went up to Toys r Us and after calling before-hand to make sure they had a Wii Fit U Meter, they just told me that they cannot sell it to me because it now has a street date of 12/13/2013. If that was correct and I started playing the trial today, I would have to stop playing before I could register the product. I am guessing they got the Wii Fit Meter mixed up with the retail game or could it be there is a defect in the Fit Meter and are doing a recall? Do any of you that have a Fit Meter have any issues with it yet?

Top Bottom