• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

CDX

How do you unlock the Simple Test? Has anyone done it yet?

I don't want to do the full Body Test every time.

Lexxism

So have any Canadians figured out how to switch from kg to lbs? All my old save data is pounds, yet they switched me over. I've checked so many menus and I can't seem to find the option. I don't think I know anybody around here who weighs themselves in kgs.

I think the only way to change this is to change your region to US.

Finally got to try the yoga this morning....and it's pretty disappointing for what I wanted. I can't seem to find a continuous yoga exercise mode, where you can transition from one pose to the other like in real yoga. It always makes me reset to a basic pose, after pressing A a bunch. Is that a mode I'll unlock later?

I will say for the yoga stuff is REALLY GOOD for working on balance in poses, so I can always use it for that.

The mini games seem fun though, so I'm not regarding grabbing a board and meter at all. Plus, it's awful generous with my weight and BMI, it's the first test that ever said I'm in the normal range!
Personal routines should do the trick (at least it used to on Wii Fit+). I haven't set up one yet (you can have up to 3 now) but basically you can set any number of exercises and it will just go through it with the occasional "A" when you worked out to long (every 30 mins or so?). You could do a "Just Yoga" routine or mix it up with strength exercises.

joedick

Personal routines should do the trick (at least it used to on Wii Fit+). I haven't set up one yet (you can have up to 3 now) but basically you can set any number of exercises and it will just go through it with the occasional "A" when you worked out to long (every 30 mins or so?). You could do a "Just Yoga" routine or mix it up with strength exercises.

I think it'll still reset to a basic pose though....or am I wrong with that?

iphys

Will this screw things up for the eShop?

You'd have to toggle it between US and Canada every time you wanted to buy something. I'd just leave it to Canada and convert in your head: just multiply by 2 and then add 10%, so 65 kg is 130 + 13 lbs = 143 lbs.

I think it'll still reset to a basic pose though....or am I wrong with that?
You start each exercise in its basic starting pose, that's true, but there's no need to press "A" in between and it just goes on. Honestly I don't know how else it could be done since you can combine any pose at will in your own routine.

joedick

You'd have to toggle it between US and Canada every time you wanted to buy something. I'd just leave it to Canada and convert in your head: just multiply by 2 and then add 10%, so 65 kg is 130 + 13 lbs = 143 lbs.

Yeah, that sounds like more trouble than it's worth. I'll probably just keep weighing myself using the original Wii Fit channel in Wii mode. That way it can be in pounds and I won't have to do balance tests each time as some have suggested.

Still, I'll drop a note to Nintendo customer service, and anybody else who would like the option should do the same. That way we can maybe get the option in a future update.

Lenardo

Banned
i am woefully out of shape.. Started with a fresh profile and did 30 minutes last night. No yoga yet, just luge a few skiing flamenco, hiphop hula rock climbing.. And was sweating afte r enough that I had to shower. Daughter loved the dancing bits. Luge killed my abs.

Now the question is how the hell do you use the code to find the gaf community. I have no idea how and the manual was no help.

Exile20

Finally got to try the yoga this morning....and it's pretty disappointing for what I wanted. I can't seem to find a continuous yoga exercise mode, where you can transition from one pose to the other like in real yoga. It always makes me reset to a basic pose, after pressing A a bunch. Is that a mode I'll unlock later?

I will say for the yoga stuff is REALLY GOOD for working on balance in poses, so I can always use it for that.

The mini games seem fun though, so I'm not regarding grabbing a board and meter at all. Plus, it's awful generous with my weight and BMI, it's the first test that ever said I'm in the normal range!

You can create a routine. I haven't tried it but maybe that is what you are looking for. I usually keep a wiimote in my hand so I can press A easily than walking over to the gamepad constantly.

TheGrue

Really hate how they use BMI to judge your size on this. I can run a 10K with a sub-8 minutes per mile average, run half marathons all the time, wear a size L shirt, and have a decent set of muscles. The problem is my height never matched the rest of my features. I wear size 13 shoes, a size 8 baseball hat, but am only 5'10". So even though I am really fit, it gave me a Wii Fit age of 63 even though I am 40 and gave my body the obese look. :(

It wants me to lose 50 pounds, but a couple of years ago, I kind of starved myself and was down about 15 from where I am now and looked too skinny.

Chorazin

I guess I should have said these problems were during a Personal Routine session. I made one with the first 7 exercises, another with the second 7 and a third with a mix. Had to press A after it gave me the balance results then A again to continue. :-(

Really hate how they use BMI to judge your size on this. I can run a 10K with a sub-8 minutes per mile average, run half marathons all the time, wear a size L shirt, and have a decent set of muscles. The problem is my height never matched the rest of my features. I wear size 13 shoes, a size 8 baseball hat, but am only 5'10". So even though I am really fit, it gave me a Wii Fit age of 63 even though I am 40 and gave my body the obese look. :(

It wants me to lose 50 pounds, but a couple of years ago, I kind of starved myself and was down about 15 from where I am now and looked too skinny.

Yeah, I had that problem too. I do bodyweight fitness 5 days a week, plus running and Rucking (fast marches with 10 pounds of sand in my pack, working up to 20 for a Goruck Challenge) on weekends, and it wanted me to lose 25 pounds. I'd love to loose 10 pounds of fat since i'm still at 19% body fat, but I definitely want to gain more muscle.

Glass Joe

The Wii Fit age is based on how you performed during the activity or balance test, in relation to your actual age. And yes, BMI is often a crock of shit. But knowing that your body type is different is the important thing.

Side note: Just found a Fit Meter! Looks to be pretty cool and easy to use.

TheGrue

The Wii Fit age is based on how you performed during the activity or balance test, in relation to your actual age. And yes, BMI is often a crock of shit. But knowing that your body type is different is the important thing.

Side note: Just found a Fit Meter! Looks to be pretty cool and easy to use.

I think all it did, though, was judge my balance on the board when it made that determination. For the age, that is. I guess i shouldn't get too offended. I am using this as just a fun thing to do that just happens to involve some activity and not my main exercise.

Why do people say the balance tests are required? after the first time, it usually allows you the chance to forgo the balance test and Wii Fit age thing. It's mandatory the first time, but I believe every time thereafter it's skippable. The "simple test" people mention is basically a less detailed body test. You just do the measuring thing, and wii fit gives you the balance and weight results on one screen without the waffle. Will check my profile as I was sure I had it unlocked

Also never take the Wii Fit age to heart much, it fluctuates so much that it almost doesn't matter. The balance games of the body test I tend to consider as a sort of warm up, or something you do for kicks if you have the time.

The Wii Fit U manual generally admits that BMI isn't a perfect measurement, and does say if you are a bodybuilder or a kid, then that muddles with results a bit. I'm not obese physically, but by BMI standards I am, and my Mii can't even quite fit into the wii fit shirt (this shows even on the standard Mii used for gym community, and I seem to be the only one so far sobu sobu), so rest assured, if you mii is looking kinda chubby, your not alone in that.

TheGrue

I'm not obese physically, but by BMI standards I am, and my Mii can't even quite fit into the wii fit shirt, so rest assured, if you mii is looking kinda chubby, your not alone in that.

Yeah, I guess I hate looking at fat me, because I used to be fat me. I worked my ass off to lose 125 pounds and maintain it and so to see myself fat on the screen probably bothers me more than it should.

D-e-f-

Banned
wiiu_screenshot_tv_010scng.jpg

I like how it shows you wearing the Fit Meter as a sign you're using the full version.

gogoud

I'd just leave it to Canada and convert in your head: just multiply by 2 and then add 10%, so 65 kg is 130 + 13 lbs = 143 lbs.
Wait what?! That's super easy! That's gonna make my life so much easier at work!!!

On topic. Downloaded it last night. Looking for a cheap balance board today. Ordering fit meter this week!!

maxcriden

So I have been playing around with Wii Fit U for most of the afternoon and, well.....does it amaze anyone else how long it took Nintendo to develop what is essentially Wii Fit Plus +? While there are a few new activities included it is by and large the exact same experience as before and can scarcely be considered a sequel. It just blows my mind that it took them a year to push this out.

I was a little surprised that there aren't too many more new activities, but I presume with everything that will unlock as you play more, there will be plenty of new stuff to do. Also, the original versions really had plenty of bases covered already, so I am very pleased with what's on offer on the whole.

D-e-f-

Banned
I know this sounds silly but I find it really cool to see my mii (red with a gotee) on someone else's console...

I loved seeing familiar Miis doing weird stuff in the Nintendo Land plaza. Random gaffers chatting up Tezuka and stuff like that. Also, when I was just playing Orienteering, I had to find my Mom's Mii and Patrick Klepek pointed me in her direction with a "over there" in a British accent. Hilarious. :D

I guess I should have said these problems were during a Personal Routine session. I made one with the first 7 exercises, another with the second 7 and a third with a mix. Had to press A after it gave me the balance results then A again to continue. :-(
That's odd that they changed it. In Wii Fit+ you only got an overall result at the end of the routine. Would be horrible if true. Will check out later.

Just for confirmation: You can indeed use two Wiimote+ for boxing.

dock

I expect the communities will be extra fun when people start unlocking costumes, and motivating other players to do the same. I have no idea what the costumes are. I wonder whether there are different costumes for male and female players.

CDX

How do you unlock the Simple Test? Has anyone done it yet?

I don't want to do the full Body Test every time.

I did 2nd body test today and it let me skip balance tests.

Why do people say the balance tests are required? after the first time, it usually allows you the chance to forgo the balance test and Wii Fit age thing. It's mandatory the first time, but I believe every time thereafter it's skippable. The "simple test" people mention is basically a less detailed body test. You just do the measuring thing, and wii fit gives you the balance and weight results on one screen without the waffle. Will check my profile as I was sure I had it unlocked

thanks everyone. yeah I could just weigh myself and skip everything else.

for some reason I thought it forced you to do the full body test everytime unless you used the simple test ...it's been a long time since I used Wii Fit.

Glass Joe

Where'd you find it? I'd rather pick one up than ordering it online.

Meijer's, which if you haven't heard of it may be more of a midwest chain than all over the US. I noticed it listed here earlier as one of the places that had it, and low and behold it was actually there with the other Wii U accessories.

Eric C

Now it is at #18 an raising on amazon.com. So weird to see this little thing next to the big boys. lol.

#7 on amazon.ca
#53 in amazon.co.uk

All in just less than two days.

And now Amazon.com is out of stock of the Fit Meter, only 3rd party sellers have it in stock

VOKSvVa.png

Bog

Junior Ace
100% Male. Shocking.

I'm just glad mine didn't make me fat this time around. I refused to play Wii Fit Plus for that reason.

Exile20

I found mine at toys r us last night. Most should have some stock today I think.

I went into TRU yesterday and they had zero and no clue when it will be instock and the surrounding TRUs were all pending with no date so I bought it on Amazon and it was was just shipped.

Chairhome

I went into TRU yesterday and they had zero and no clue when it will be instock and the surrounding TRUs were all pending with no date so I bought it on Amazon and it was was just shipped.
The employee had no idea what I was talking about yesterday morning but I showed him the listing on their site and he looked it up using the item number and it said "in transit". Then later that same night they had it in Stock at another store.

syoaran

I just picked up a Wii U so it would be lovely if I could get friend IDs to add [or whatever it's called for the Wii U]

wiiu_screenshot_tv_010scng.jpg

I like how it shows you wearing the Fit Meter as a sign you're using the full version.

haha, I'm the one on the far right in white =D

Top Bottom