• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Club |OT| Get your Miiverse trash-talk on

For FUCKS sake... how do I put people on some kind of ignore list? Just had a match against someone from Spain and most of the match was a fucking slideshow...

For FUCKS sake... how do I put people on some kind of ignore list? Just had a match against someone from Spain and most of the match was a fucking slideshow...

Press Home, go to your Friend List, press Y to see your recently played people. Click on the guy, scroll down, then click Block.

----

I added a couple guys who sent me Friend Requests (had to delete some people from my list to make room). I'll be on later, after I check out the Sonic Lost World demo.

Celine

I think I know who the guy is? bald mii?

However just hit home button -> friend list -> last user you played online -> block.

Thanks for the help, I calmed down a bit by now lol.

Will check later if I can find him (and if so I'll block him ^^). I think the Mii was indeed bald.

Have there been any patches to the game since it was released? I wasn't at all happy about my short playtime with Tennis :(

The netcode issues were bad enough but I'm really confused by the exclusion of singles. What possible reason could there have been for that?

Celine

Aaand now I can't find anybody...I'm never going to get to Star-10 :(
Wait you got the frying pan without being star-10.
Thought the trick didn't work for me because I have yet to achieve that...

I would play with you Jaded since I'm too stuck at star-9 but I'm on the opposite side of the big pond.

The netcode issues were bad enough but I'm really confused by the exclusion of singles. What possible reason could there have been for that?
What do you mean by "singles"?

There was only an option for playing doubles tennis in the demo when I tried it at launch... unless I was doing it wrong :/

Seemed like an odd choice.

Wii Sports Tennis has always been like that. You control both Miis.

Stuck playing the same dude over and over. At least the games are good

Celine

There was only an option for playing doubles tennis in the demo when I tried it at launch... unless I was doing it wrong :/

Seemed like an odd choice.
Wii Tennis ,as it is (and it's fine as it is), wouldn't work with just one vs one tennis players since you can't control movements.

Wii Sports Tennis has always been like that. You control both Miis.

Stuck playing the same dude over and over. At least the games are good

Wii Tennis ,as it is (and it's fine as it is), wouldn't work with just one vs one tennis players since you can't control movements.
Really? It's been so long that I didn't even remember that. I had been playing Grand Slam Tennis since that came out so that may be why I forgot.

I do hope that the netcode gets addressed because it was ruining every other match that I tried to play.

HeySeuss

That last game was a slideshow so I went back into the "lobby"...

Those curves are wicked! I'm still trying to get that down. I can do it somewhat but not with the English you put on them.

That last game was a slideshow so I went back into the "lobby"...

Those curves are wicked! I'm still trying to get that down. I can do it somewhat but not with the English you put on them.

Thanks. But for some reason I can't seem to power serve with any regularity anymore!

Macleoid

Press Home, go to your Friend List, press Y to see your recently played people. Click on the guy, scroll down, then click Block.

----

I added a couple guys who sent me Friend Requests (had to delete some people from my list to make room). I'll be on later, after I check out the Sonic Lost World demo.

This is great I played a guy who ran the clock down every serve the other night an I had no idea I could block people.

rawk

Working on my trash talk!
zlCfzRMIduowUK09Um

^ Good stuff.

I went on an atrocious run last night...losing maybe 5 out of 7 matches, and against people several levels lower than me.

I figure I just needed sleep :/

Celine

I went on an atrocious run last night...losing maybe 5 out of 7 matches, and against people several levels lower than me.

I figure I just needed sleep :/
Sometime it is a matter of focus, other time you try harder shots to improve your own skill and that could lead to mistakes.
Also if you get a row of laggy session your timing could be probably off in a match with relatively little lag (lacks of consistent power shots etc.).

HEY! Forza Italia (not the politic one :p )
Ah ah, "my" ("our" being within Italy) club is now sixth at tennis.

Celine

fucking Scamco and their shitty net code.
1 bar connection against my own club.
Against a french player I've already played in the past with good connection now run with just 1 bar.
Next match against the same player started good but half way through it went to shit again with sporadic increase in framerate all of sudden.
Everything seems to stutter from the graphics to the controls, even the signal icon is blatanly behind sometime ( 4 bars when it felt more 2 bars).

How am I supposed to play online this highly timed based game if the net code performance are so bad?

A potentially great game ruined by Scamco incompetency.

fucking Scamco and their shitty net code.
1 bar connection against my own club.
Against a french player I've already played in the past with good connection now run with just 1 bar.
Next match against the same player started good but half way through it went to shit again with sporadic increase in framerate all of sudden.
Everything seems to stutter from the graphics to the controls, even the signal icon is blatanly behind sometime ( 4 bars when it felt more 2 bars).

How am I supposed to play online this highly timed based game if the net code performance are so bad?

A potentially great game ruined by Scamco incompetency.

I totally forgot Namco was behind this. Ha, so random.

mstevens

Man.. Online Tennis is such a thrill. 7-0 now and every match I keep getting behind early, then clawing my way back. Dreading my first loss already ;)

Zing

Banned
I ultimately left disappointed. The network code was acceptable, but the motion plus controls just ruin tennis. I bet this is why they did table tennis in Sports Resort. It's odd that I felt like I had perfect control of where the ball went in the original controls, but now the motion plus combined with the occasional lag makes every hit point (given and received) feel like luck.

I ultimately left disappointed. The network code was acceptable, but the motion plus controls just ruin tennis. I bet this is why they did table tennis in Sports Resort. It's odd that I felt like I had perfect control of where the ball went in the original controls, but now the motion plus combined with the occasional lag makes every hit point (given and received) feel like luck.

It plays exactly the same way as the original Tennis did. It's all about the timing of the racket swing.

It plays exactly the same way as the original Tennis did. It's all about the timing of the racket swing.

It could be all in my head, but I definitely felt a difference in the new version. It's more realistic, for sure, but it's harder to get the ball where you want it to go.

Zing

Banned
Sure, but where the original version responded instantly and with 99% accuracy this new motion plus control is a crapshoot. The worst thing is not my control, but other people. It is embarrassing to score a point on someone when I can see clearly that their control went out of whack. Pressing the goddamn dpad after every swing is absurd. Probably half the time after I serve, my racket just points off to the side. Swings are not 1:1.

I have no idea why it is so bad here. The same problem happens with everyone I know in Sports Resort sword fighting. I never had it happen in Skyward Sword, so it is possible to have decent motion plus control.

It just isn't fun when virtually every point scored on me is due to my control not responding how it should, and every point I score due to theirs doing the same. Rallies of more than a couple hits are so rare due to the controls.

Sure, but where the original version responded instantly and with 99% accuracy this new motion plus control is a crapshoot. The worst thing is not my control, but other people. It is embarrassing to score a point on someone when I can see clearly that their control went out of whack. Pressing the goddamn dpad after every swing is absurd. Probably half the time after I serve, my racket just points off to the side. Swings are not 1:1.

I have no idea why it is so bad here. The same problem happens with everyone I know in Sports Resort sword fighting. I never had it happen in Skyward Sword, so it is possible to have decent motion plus control.

It just isn't fun when virtually every point scored on me is due to my control not responding how it should, and every point I score due to theirs doing the same. Rallies of more than a couple hits are so rare due to the controls.

Sorry, but that's just not my experience at all. I'm almost Star-10 and played over 25hrs of Tennis.

Strange.

I have noticed that the more wildly (for want of a better word) you swing, the more likely the motion plus will need to be calibrated after though.

kitsuneyo

Got a 1-bar connection in a tennis game last night so just didn't point to our Miis at the start. Could tell it would play like treacle all the way through. Eventually got a 15-second countdown, at the end of which... the game still started.

Didn't serve, and then got another 15-second countdown. When that finished, the other team was awarded the win by default. Whole thing took 2-3 mins.

Game needs to be fixed with an option to quit games with bad connections, and without being penalised!

japtor

Saw some people with their own messages, reminded me of those cheesy things they show at bowling lanes, which led to these:

zlCfzRMIgw8rEvB7rv

zlCfzRMUXzg4Sn-6OU

zlCfzRMUY9c-KWeTf9

zlCfzRMUbEQDgplNqf

zlCfzRMUdG8H9Xa0xj

And suck it blue guy:

yqsNPWg.jpg

Zing

Banned
Sorry, but that's just not my experience at all. I'm almost Star-10 and played over 25hrs of Tennis.

Strange.

I have noticed that the more wildly (for want of a better word) you swing, the more likely the motion plus will need to be calibrated after though.
I dunno. I played for about six hours of real time with the free trial. I'm not willing to spend money to figure out what the problem is. When the free trial with golf hits, I'll give it another try.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I have no problem with controls, but they ARE different from the original ones.
they are deeper, but harder.
nothing impossible: I suggest to spend some time in the training minigames.
I've learned a lot playting them.

Top Bottom