• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Club |OT| Get your Miiverse trash-talk on

BowieZ

Banned
So I went to the eShop and downloaded a 40MB file, go and check download management and it's also queued up an 1100MB file, saying Update Data.

This normal?

I'm going to dominate the Yorkshire and Humber Club. You best watch out.

wiimotinghw9.gif

CoolS

So I went to the eShop and downloaded a 40MB file, go and check download management and it's also queued up an 1100MB file, saying Update Data.

This normal?

Looks like the "base app" is 40 MB and eevrytime a new sport will be released there is an update that contains the new sports.

For those wondering. Spotpass delivery is not up yet. If you want Wii Sports Club you need to search for it on eshop.

South East UK reporting in here! Looks like we have quite a mix already. Shame Sports Club has no custom community option but understand why.

Gwanatu T

It doesn't seem to be available in the US yet. 6:21am here and there's no download button. Was hoping to have it sitting there waiting when I came home from work today :/

For those wondering. Spotpass delivery is not up yet. If you want Wii Sports Club you need to search for it on eshop.

South East UK reporting in here! Looks like we have quite a mix already. Shame Sports Club has no custom community option but understand why.

How do you join, fella?

King_Moc

Banned
I like the quite specific miiverse groups. Hope they don't end up becoming ghost towns. Looking forward to giving this a go later.

Robin64

Where is the European NeoGAF Club?

No custom clubs, just preset region ones.

And aren't Tennis' origins Jeu de Paume ?

Sure, the origins.. But the modern game?

"Between 1859 and 1865 Harry Gem and his friend Augurio Perera developed a game that combined elements of racquets and the Basque ball game pelota, which they played on Perera's croquet lawn in Birmingham, United Kingdom. In 1872, along with two local doctors, they founded the world's first tennis club in Leamington Spa."

GAME ON.

King_Moc

Banned
Sure, the origins.. But the modern game?

"Between 1859 and 1865 Harry Gem and his friend Augurio Perera developed a game that combined elements of racquets and the Basque ball game pelota, which they played on Perera's croquet lawn in Birmingham, United Kingdom. In 1872, along with two local doctors, they founded the world's first tennis club in Leamington Spa."

GAME ON.

I'm practically in Leamington right now. It must be destiny.

L~A

I don't expect SpotPass delivery will start right away, it didn't before Nov. 5th in Japan (6 days after release, then). I think it'll be the same in EU/US.

Your activities should automatically count towards the region your Wii U is set to.

For Miiverse posting, check out the grand list here.

Damn, no GAF community... that sucks : /

Oh well, anyone interested in some Tennis/Bowling? My Wii Remote batteries are dead, so I won't be able to play for a little bit.

hm i'm not sure if this game is worth 20 € (for both sports). Online is fun when it works (3 matches so far) but I get connection error messages all the time.

edit: okay now it works!

Tumo

Is it limited by country or anything though?

I'm in the UK, I got to pick anywhere in Europe (don't remember seeing Australia but it may have been there, it was a long list). They also had an "Other" group if you don't want to pick a place.

The new 100 pin bowling game is really great fun. Specially if your new to bowling. All the satisfaction of hitting strikes, even if you only manage 90.

Still warming up to tennis but seem to recall it took a while to really get the mechanics in the original Wii Sports too

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Waiting for the US version to be up so we can get the other important question answered: can we play with our american friends or not?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I've heard on Miiverse that multi player is region locked.

I just hope it's locked via console region settings and not by IP. Hard to believe this is still a thing in 2013.

kitsuneyo

Can I play against my friend online? I don't care about clubs.

Yeah you can.

I played quite a few games of tennis online. One was laggy as hell, rest were fine. Got beaten all but 2 or 3 times, and still on Level 1 :/ It's a way more skilful game with Wii M+.

I'm in the UK, I got to pick anywhere in Europe (don't remember seeing Australia but it may have been there, it was a long list). They also had an "Other" group if you don't want to pick a place.

I got annihilated 7-0 by an Aussie earlier on.

Top Bottom