• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Club |OT| Get your Miiverse trash-talk on

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Just aced my first bowling game back into it. Awesome online.

Tennis... wow its hard now.

I'm really wondering how Tennis now compares to Grand Slam Tennis, which also used motionplus.

The controls in that game were glorious. I remember I rarely lost online.

CoolS

Yes, this is region locked, but I was wondering if the restriction applies also for your friends list.

To be fair, I can udnerstand why they did it. Even games with Italians here from germany are laggy as hell. All other countrys have been really good so far though. Makes me think Italy has shitty internet.

Really loving this so far, great fun and I always feel like "Oh just one match" in tennis. Definitely buying Tennis!

My only problem so far: Can't seem to pull of lobs consistently, especially not with my backhand :/

Going to pull out my GOLD SKYWARD SWORD WII REMOTE! Beat everyone in style.

We are a special club of a chosen few to wield the magical gold wii remote. I wish EU got the golden Nunchuck though : (

Played an Aussie at bowling earlier, and the connection health meter was practically on the lowest bar, had no problems playing with the guy (there wasn't any lag at all) but if it's that bad for a UK player to take on an Aussie, can sort of understand why US and Japan are out of bounds.

javac

We are a special club of a chosen few to wield the magical gold wii remote. I wish EU got the golden Nunchuck though : (

Indeed. We are the elite.

My wife is embarrassed when I refuse to let anyone touch my Skyward Sword Wiimote.

Pffttt your wife doesn't understand the power inside of the Skyward Sword Wiimote. No mere mortal can handle it. Carved out of real Gold Nintendium, blessed by the power of the Gods. With its power...WE ARE UNTOUCHABLE!

There can't be many people playing this yet. I chose online tennis against 'Everyone' and got the same dude, bilbyc0m, twice.

It's kinda fun, I guess. It's pretty much the same as Wii Sports tennis except you get to say 'G'Day', 'Crikey' and 'You got served' between points.

CoolS

There can't be many people playing this yet. I chose online tennis against 'Everyone' and got the same dude, bilbyc0m, twice.

It's kinda fun, I guess. It's pretty much the same as Wii Sports tennis except you get to say 'G'Day', 'Crikey' and 'You got served' between points.

I played like 20 matches and only played one guy twice. Plus I never had to wait more than 5 seconds to find an opponent.

And the mechanics are definitely improved compared to Wii Sports.

pulsemyne

So is it any different from the ogirinal besides graphics?is it more like the ping pong of wii sports resort?

Much more like the ping pong as it's a motion plus game. The ring mini game is basically like the ping pongs can mini game. It's also bloody hard when the rings get really small.

Pachimari

I'm really considering going out to buy Wii Party U (with Wii Remote Plus) before the store closes in 1h 20m. :/

At least I'm gonna download the trial and then buy bowling when I got remotes.

Hasney

I'm really considering going out to buy Wii Party U (with Wii Remote Plus) before the store closes in 1h 20m. :/

At least I'm gonna download the trial and then buy bowling when I got remotes.

If you see a cheap one from a UK nationwide seller, let me know.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Okay I think I won't buy this game. Still error messages when I want to play online + I can't find any players. Nope, Nintendo. Nope.

Contact Nintendo support. It's likely an issue related to adding your Wii U to your router's DMZ or something similar. That's what used to happen for me using online in any Wii U game, but now it's all fixed. Give it a try.

L~A

Ugh, wish my Wiimote Plus Batteries weren't dead... I'd love to play a game of bowling. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for a bit.

kitsuneyo

I stink at tennis. I've shamed my county so far. Loving it all the same.

This Sports Club thing has got me wishing for a similar game from Sega though... SEGA Race Club. Same format as Wii Sports Club but with Power Drift, Outrunners, Daytona, Virtua Racing etc. Would be soooo good.

Bog

Junior Ace
Is the gold SS remote worth something? Mine sits in a box of old controllers most of the time. BT'd.

Zing

Banned
Get some eneloops and never look back.
Word. I bought two sets back when Dell was selling them cheap. I think I have a total of 16 AA batteries? I use them with my Wii Remotes and Skylanders wireless portal. I keep the spares charged and ready.

GulAtiCa

Is the gold SS remote worth something? Mine sits in a box of old controllers most of the time. BT'd.

Random look at eBay sold listings say it's going for an avg of like $50. Some have gone as high as $80 via "buy it now".

mf luder

I'm really wondering how Tennis now compares to Grand Slam Tennis, which also used motionplus.

The controls in that game were glorious. I remember I rarely lost online.

I loved that game, but you can't play singles matches on wii sports club so its not as good.

Sendou

Is there a 24 hour free trial version for this one?

Yes and if you come back when each new sport releases (Golf, Baseball and Boxing) you get 24 hours to try all released sports up to that point.

So in total you get 4 days of free trial if you just remember to check in between each release.

Top Bottom