• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzaK

Is it also possible that since the Gamepad isn't displaying in HD that if a game was only being streamed to a Gamepad, it would have less strain on the system? If you don't have to stream all those HD textures, to me it seems like that would be a lot less taxing on the system.

Yes, generally it would have less strain on the system as opposed to rendering in HD on the TV. If the game/app knew it was only going to the GamePad it would just Render in SD. However the textures per se aren't streamed across, just the final image. So as far as the GamePad goes it doesn't care. It just displays a streamed static image.

Well, they continue to have a decent shot at getting the lower-budget, more Japan-centric console franchises (Tales, Musou, Persona, future console MH titles).

If Wii U gets any support from the bigger, more Western-focused Japanese console studios - KojiPro, the RE6/Dragon's Dogma teams, whoever at SE is working on games using the Luminous Engine - I'll be pleasantly surprised, though.
I think we're most likely going to see RE6 and FFXIV on Wii U. The only real hold out seems like Kojima, and I wouldn't rule him out either quite yet.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say I have been following the wus threads though all the ups and downs for over a year. Thanks to all the members (banned and unbanned) that have made it such a fun read.

Since we are still focused on power discussions let me throw my two cents in.

I think Wii U will have plenty of power for the types of games that I like to play. I have been playing Xenoblade Chronicles for about 80 hours and I think maybe it could use some better resolution and textures. I don't think the game needs anything else though. It already loads really fast and is absolutely huge with a massive amount of content. All of of my favorite Nintendo games and favorite third party Wii games I feel the exact same way about too. I look at them and go yeah, maybe they could look a a little better. They are still fun to play though.

Beyond that though, I think people that who are despondent that Wii U be severely underpowered have to ask themselves, what is that they really need?

It just seems like an ego or **** waving contest at times when I am reading some of these power comments, especially on some of these other threads. People say stuff that they just don't know about yet to validate their gaming masculinity. Comments like "PS4 or 720 will Blow Wii U out of the water" just seem really ridiculous to me.

Anyway, I welcome criticism of what I have just said. Hopefully it makes me a better commenter. Thanks Hylian Tom, Ideaman, and countless others for making it fun stalking over the last year while I waited for my membership to come through.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So just to get a sense of perspective, I was looking at the launch window lineups in Japan for Wii and Gamecube.

The Wii launch was nothing special from a 3rd party perspective- the first somewhat notable release was a Dragon Ball game that came out in January.

The real shocker was the gamecube- it launched in Japan with THREE titles (in September 2001), and by the end of the year had only 8 releases, with only 3 of those being 3rd party.

chris3116

So just to get a sense of perspective, I was looking at the launch window lineups in Japan for Wii and Gamecube.

The Wii launch was nothing special from a 3rd party perspective- the first somewhat notable release was a Dragon Ball game that came out in January.

The real shocker was the gamecube- it launched in Japan with THREE titles (in September 2001), and by the end of the year had only 8 releases, with only 3 of those being 3rd party.

Remember the N64 launch.

2 titles in NA (Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings) and 3 titles in Japan (the same 2 and a board japanese game).

The Wii U has a better launch window than all of these consoles.

schuelma

Remember the N64 launch.

2 titles in NA (Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings) and 3 titles in Japan (the same 2 and a board japanese game).

The Wii U has a better launch window than all of these consoles.

Yeah I did not realize how terrible it really was.

You know what is weird though? At this point I would be happy to have another Gamecube. It had some of the greatest games I have ever played: Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness, F Zero GX, and countless others.

But it will be better than that. The launch for Wii U will be better than the Cube by a mile. The third party support will be better by a mile. And people are still glooming and dooming all over the internet.

Sometimes I wonder if the naysayers are really for real.

schuelma

The third party support will be better by a mile. .

I do think this is going to be true for Japan. I really did not realize how terrible the GameCube really did in Japan. Nintendo had to fight against the GC failure and the PS2 juggernaut when trying to build support for the Wii.

The situation is a lot different this time around. It isn't ideal, because as I said there were still not that many clear 3rd party successes on the Wii, but I still think the overall atmosphere is much more conducive to Nintendo convincing 3rd parties to get on board than six years ago.

I wouldn't expect anything mindblowing from Japan, it's most likely going to be portmania, but it's definitely going to be a step up from Wii.

I think the DS to 3DS improvement is probably along the lines of what to expect for Wii to Wii U comparatively. The usual suspects will be there (Musou, Capcom fighter, etc).

schuelma

I wouldn't expect anything mindblowing from Japan, it's most likely going to be portmania, but it's definitely going to be a step up from Wii.

I think the DS to 3DS improvement is probably along the lines of what to expect for Wii to Wii U comparatively. The usual suspects will be there (Musou, Capcom fighter, etc).

Oh yeah it will definitely be port mania for the launch window at least. Which would still be 10x better than the initial Wii support.

Terrell

I agree there will be a lot of ports, but I also see ports that make sense to build an audience.
Tekken in the launch window is HUGE for grabbing the fighting game community and have no doubt Capcom is doubled over trying to port their fighters (hopefully in 1080p) to build off of Namco's first step. Give me MK9 and I'd be the happiest man walking.

Whereas something like Tales of Xillia 2? Not so much, because you don't build an RPG audience with ports of already-released games or direct sequels to games that audience never got.

Ports will be there, totally, but only if those games can build a genre audience.

I wonder if Level 5 will have something for launch? Inazuma Strikers Go? Ghoul Watch?? Ninokuni Explosive Boost??!

And looking back, even the mighty SFC had a pretty slow launch. Only 12 games total it's first fiscal year (or launch window), and only 3 of those from Nintendo thenselves.

I agree there will be a lot of ports, but I also see ports that make sense to build an audience.
Tekken in the launch window is HUGE for grabbing the fighting game community and have no doubt Capcom is doubled over trying to port their fighters (hopefully in 1080p) to build off of Namco's first step. Give me MK9 and I'd be the happiest man walking.

Whereas something like Tales of Xillia 2? Not so much, because you don't build an RPG audience with ports of already-released games or direct sequels to games that audience never got.

Ports will be there, totally, but only if those games can build a genre audience.
Well, it's getting some RPG ports too already (DQX, ME3). Should go some way to building a healthier RPG audience than Wii had, on both sides of the pond.

We might get Skyrim and Tales of Something too.

I do think this is going to be true for Japan. I really did not realize how terrible the GameCube really did in Japan. Nintendo had to fight against the GC failure and the PS2 juggernaut when trying to build support for the Wii.

The situation is a lot different this time around. It isn't ideal, because as I said there were still not that many clear 3rd party successes on the Wii, but I still think the overall atmosphere is much more conducive to Nintendo convincing 3rd parties to get on board than six years ago.

I did not realize GCN did that badly in Japan either. I think I agree with most of what you are saying there.

I think other than Casual games like Just Dance, many western third parties are going to be dragging their heels and trying to avoid Wii U.

I think with the proper install base though, the third party western games that will do well are the really big ones like COD, Madden. I could see each installment of those selling 4-6 million on Wii U, provided they have relative parody with the other console versions. Other games like AC3 or Splinter Cell, games that don't sell quite as much, I could see them doing a million or two each. Enough to justify the next round of ports.

It is the tail end of this cycle I am not so confident about. I know either way though, I will have plenty to play on Wii U.

schuelma

I wonder if Level 5 will have something for launch? Inazuma Strikers Go? Ghoul Watch?? Ninokuni Explosive Boost??!

And looking back, even the mighty SFC had a pretty slow launch. Only 12 games total it's first fiscal year (or launch window), and only 3 of those from Nintendo thenselves.

I think Level 5 is a good candidate for something. Don't know if it would be launch, but something relatively close.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Tiny trademark tidbit: Eleven Wii U trademarks (of a total twenty-one filed) will be published for opposition in USPTO's Official Gazette on the 3rd of July (next week). From that date, any party who believes it may be damaged by registration (name, in conjunction with G&S) has thirty days from the publication date to file either an opposition to registration or a request to extend the time to oppose.

Now, the trademarks issues in England have been dealt with, there the trademark was divided into separate classes so Information Technology Junction Limited would be satisfied. I do not know of if these marks will see any opposition in the US, but there are currently over 700 trademarks that are "U", some of them explicitly concern software. If any trademark trolls should emerge, Nintendo will put the foot down rather hard.

Nothing interesting really. I just thought I should mention it as it is one step closer to launch.

By the way, have we gotten any details from the Wii U Experience event in New York, starting today?

StevieP

Banned
What we know is that a single game using two Gamepads is incapable of running any faster than 30fps. This means it is taking like half of the system power to do that.

This statement is a bit incorrect. It's not the game that drops frames. It's the refresh rate that drops to 30 on each pad, as opposed to a 60hz rate on one pad (thanks to frame interleaving on the streaming tech they're using).

There were multiplats that used Gamecube as the lead.

And there's already a couple of games built for 3DS that are ported to Vita. Hell, there's even a 3DS to PS3 (E.X Troopers). Not exactly unthinkable.

Judging by the current western third party support and how they're basically Vita-ing the Wii U before it's even out, I'd say you're being a bit too optimistic on the matter.

MDX

Nintendo very much doesn't want that - they only reluctantly made it support two Gamepads, and that only "in case a third-party developer wanted to make a game where someone takes their Gamepad to a friend's house".

They were reluctant to promote games that used two Gamepads because they didnt have any games available for launch that would use that feature. They also want people to to first understand they can use their wiimotes in conjunction with the pad. Their strategy is to get those Wii owners to upgrade their systems. They also want the pad to feel like a premium product, so they can sell units for a premium price.

What we know is that a single game using two Gamepads is incapable of running any faster than 30fps. This means it is taking like half of the system power to do that.

AFAIK, that was the gamepad's framerate would go from 60 to 30 not the game being played on the main screen.
edit: What StevieP said.

MDX

Rösti;39263527 said:
Tiny trademark tidbit: Eleven Wii U trademarks (of a total twenty-one filed) will be published for opposition in USPTO's Official Gazette on the 3rd of July (next week). From that date, any party who believes it may be damaged by registration (name, in conjunction with G&S) has thirty days from the publication date to file either an opposition to registration or a request to extend the time to oppose.

Just to be clear, so Nintendo file is filing 11 trademarks to see if anybody will challenge them in 30 days?

schuelma

You don't get the audience/market with maybes,old ports and only a few games. Same way you don't get the FPS community with CoD. That's not gonna work for anyone.

That is how launches go for the most part though. Its certainly better than receiving nothing.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Just to be clear, so Nintendo file is filing 11 trademarks to see if anybody will challenge them in 30 days?
All trademarks are published for opposition in the Official Gazette. The high amount of marks has to do with them being both word marks and figurative marks (logos) under different classes. Some relate to software while other relate to merchandise such as bags, hats, t-shirt etc. And this is only the first batch of trademarks to be published (unless the other trademarks are cancelled).

Penguin

The problem is not the launch line-up, it's that you have to draw in/build potential audiences from the beginning, e.g. via lots of early announcements/games, see e.g. 360/PS3 (e.g. didn't Oblivion come out less than a year after 360s launch ?).

The "sit back and wait" approach won't work.

I do wonder how much the average consumer cares about long-term announcements...

I mean would a new Zelda for 2014 get people excited.. or would they just wait for 2014 to pick up the system.

schuelma

The problem is not the launch line-up, it's that you have to draw in/build potential audiences from the beginning, e.g. via lots of early announcements/games, see e.g. 360/PS3 (e.g. didn't Oblivion come out less than a year after 360s launch ?).

The "sit back and wait" approach won't work.

I'm not sure if you are talking about the west or Japan or both, but I'm basically talking about Japan right now. And right now, we know little about what Japanese games are coming.

Penguin

It's not about one announcement. Consumers notice the general "appeal" of a console. They don't need e.g. a new Zelda announcement, because they know the games will be there, with Wii U we have too much uncertainty regarding 3rd parties. That aside you have to draw in new consumers early.

Edit:
^ General statement.

But that's the thing.. is like I don't think many think that far

I mean the belief this gen was folks bought a Wii, played Wii Sports and nothing else. That doesn't seem like a long-term investment for many.

Japanese lineups for previous Nintendo consoles through their first Q1:

Famicom
07.15.83 Donkey Kong (Nintendo)
07.15.83 Donkey Kong Jr. (Nintendo)
07.15.83 Popeye (Nintendo)
08.27.83 Gomoku Narabe Renju (Nintendo)
08.27.83 Mahjong (Nintendo)
09.09.83 Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
11.22.83 Popeye no Eigo Asobi (Nintendo)
12.02.83 Baseball (Nintendo)
12.12.83 Donkey Kong Jr. Math (Nintendo)
01.14.84 Tennis (Nintendo)
02.02.84 Pinball (Nintendo)
02.18.84 Wild Gunman (Nintendo)

Super Famicom
11.21.90 Super Mario World (Nintendo)
11.21.90 F-Zero (Nintendo)
12.01.90 Ka-Blooey! (Kemco)
12.16.90 Actraiser (Enix)
12.16.90 Populous (Imagineer)
12.21.90 Final Fight (Capcom)
12.21.90 Gradius III (Konami)
12.21.90 Pilotwings (Nintendo)
12.29.90 SD The Great Battle (Banpresto)
02.23.91 HAL's Hole in One Golf (HAL)
03.20.91 Jaleco Rally Big Run: The Supreme 4WD Challenge (Jaleco)
03.29.91 Darius Twin (Taito)

Nintendo 64
06.23.96 Super Mario 64 (Nintendo)
06.23.96 Pilotwings 64 (Nintendo)
06.23.96 Saikyou Habi Shogi (Seta)
09.27.96 Wave Race 64 (Nintendo)
11.22.96 Wonder Project J2: Koruro no Mori no Josette (Enix)
11.29.96 Eikoku no Saint Andrews (Seta)
12.14.96 Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo)
12.20.96 Chou-Kuukan Night Pro Yakyuu King (Imagineer)
12.20.96 International Superstar Soccer 64 (Konami)
12.20.96 Mahjong Master (Konami)
03.14.97 Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 4 (Konami)
03.21.97 Blast Corps (Nintendo)
03.21.07 Doraemon: Nobita to 3 Tsu no Seireiseki (Epoch)
03.28.07 F1 Pole Position 64 (Human)
03.28.07 FIFA Soccer 64 (EA)

Gamecube
09.14.01 Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo)
09.14.01 Super Monkey Ball (Sega)
09.14.01 Wave Race: Blue Storm (Nintendo)
10.26.01 Pikmin (Nintendo)
11.14.01 FIFA 2002: Road the the FIFA World Cup (EA)
12.07.01 Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure (Kemco)
12.14.01 Animal Crossing (Nintendo)
12.20.01 Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Sega)
12.27.01 SSX Tricky (EA)
01.31.02 ESPN International Winter Sports 2002 (Konami)
02.14.02 Virtua Striker 3 Version 2002 (Sega)
02.21.02 Cubivore: Survival of the Fittest (Nintendo)
03.14.02 Doshin the Giant (Nintendo)
03.14.02 ESPN International Superstar Soccer 2002 (Konami)
03.15.02 XG3: Extreme-G Racing (Acclaim)
03.20.02 Groove Adventure Rave: Yuukyuu no Kizuna (Konami
03.21.02 Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (EA)
03.22.02 NBA Street (EA)
03.22.02 Resident Evil (Capcom)
03.29.02 Mystic Heroes (Koei)
03.29.02 NBA Courtside 2002 (Nintendo)

Wii
12.02.06 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo)
12.02.06 Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Nintendo)
12.02.06 Wii Play (Nintendo)
12.02.06 Wii Sports (Nintendo)
12.02.06 Crayon Shin-Chan: Saikyou Kazoku Kasukabe King Wii (Banpresto)
12.02.06 Elebits (Konami)
12.02.06 Ennichi no Tatsujin (Namco)
12.02.06 Escape from Bug Island (Spike)
12.02.06 Kororinpa: Marble Mania (Hudson)
12.02.06 Red Steel (Ubisoft)
12.02.06 SD Gundam Scadhammers (Bandai)
12.02.06 Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Sega)
12.02.06 Super Swing Golf (Tecmo)
12.02.06 Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Atlus)
12.02.06 Wing Island (Hudson)
12.14.06 Bleach: Shattered Blade (Sega)
12.14.06 Pokémon Battle Revolution (Pokémon)
12.14.06 Rayman Raving Rabbids (Ubisoft)
12.21.06 Monster 4x4 World Circuit (Ubisoft)
12.21.06 Need for Speed: Carbon (EA)
01.01.07 Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (Bandai)
01.01.07 GT Pro Series (MTO)
01.18.07 Excite Truck (Nintendo)
01.25.07 Mahjong Takai Wii (Koei)
02.08.07 Cooking Mama: Cook Off (Taito)
02.22.07 Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Nintendo)
02.22.07 Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX (Tomy)
03.01.07 Densha de Go! Shinkansen EX: Sanyou Shinkansen Hen (Taito)
03.08.07 Bomberman Land Wii (Hudson)
03.08.07 Eyeshield 21: Field Saikyou no Senshi Tachi (Nintendo)
03.15.07 G1 Jockey Wii (Koei)
03.15.07 SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab (THQ)
03.15.07 Sonic and the Secret Rings (Sega)
03.21.07 Sangokushi 11 with Power Up Kit (Koei)
03.21.07 Puzzle Series Vol. 1: Sudoku (Hudson)
03.22.07 Dinsey / Pixar's Cars (THQ)
03.29.07 Fishing Master (Hudson)

Anth0ny

N64 had the best launch out of any console.

Mario fucking 64.

I'd be ecstatic if they were releasing Super Mario Universe as the only launch game for Wii U. Quality, not quantity.

You don't get the audience/market with maybes,old ports and only a few games. Same way you don't get the FPS community with CoD. That's not gonna work for anyone.
PS3 did pretty okay with mostly old ports the first several years (Oblivion, ME2, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean, Enchanted Arms, Trusty Bell, etc).

Nintendo's undoubtedly on the prowl for securing RPGs anyway, especially in Japan.

That's because the audience was under the impression that such games would come from the very beginning.
And ports of stuff like Skyrim, FFXIII/2, FFXIV, TOX/2, Ninokuni, etc, could instill the same for Wii U. Ports aren't exactly going to discorage audience building, they're just the first (easy) step in it. Then you pile stuff on originals like Xenoblade 2, Ghoul Watch, Tales of Something or whatever.

Between DQX and ME3, I'd say the genre's future is already looking more encouraging than it did on Wii.

StevieP

Banned
But that's the thing.. is like I don't think many think that far

I mean the belief this gen was folks bought a Wii, played Wii Sports and nothing else. That doesn't seem like a long-term investment for many.

The facts disagree with that belief, though. Attach rates are extremely similar among all of the current gen consoles.

I thought the PS3 really struggled early in it's life, mainly due to it's extremely high price.

It did. It struggled for years.

donny2112

Remember the N64 launch.

2 titles in NA (Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings)

Pretty sure I got Super Mario 64 and Mortal Kombat Trilogy at launch for N64.

Edit:
Apparently it came out a month after launch. Maybe I just preordered it at launch and picked it up later, then. Hmmm.

Penguin

The facts disagree with that belief, though. Attach rates are extremely similar among all of the current gen consoles.

It did. It struggled for years.

I wasn't saying I BELIEVED the belief, just using it that people will buy a console for a single game without having to know what's in the pipe a year or two down the road.

StevieP

Banned
I wasn't saying I BELIEVED the belief, just using it that people will buy a console for a single game without having to know what's in the pipe a year or two down the road.

I know you personally may not believe that, but I still see that assertion being parroted around GAF and many other places on the 'net - including the gaming media.

I'm not sure why Jokerpedia was banned (and for how long?), but his "facts and figures" approach to responding to that assertion was always entertaining to watch.
edit: Careful snesfreak. lol (Iwata thread) - I can see you getting riled up haha

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.

actually I think that only means the video transmitter only has a max of 60mhz, so that if you connect two gamepads the signal gets split in two, 30fps each.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Rösti;39263527 said:

By the way, have we gotten any details from the Wii U Experience event in New York, starting today?

It starts today!?

We should really track some attendees down via twitter and what not to get them to ask questions, take pics/video, and to bring along a Triwing Y screwdriver.

Dreamwriter said:
Gahiggidy said:
actually I think that only means the video transmitter only has a max of 60mhz, so that if you connect two gamepads the signal gets split in two, 30fps each.
That makes the most sense. I mean, probably 99% of system resources could be busy elsewhere and there'd still be the juice for a simple F-Zero X equivalent going at 60 fps.

Since we are still focused on power discussions let me throw my two cents in.

I think Wii U will have plenty of power for the types of games that I like to play. I have been playing Xenoblade Chronicles for about 80 hours and I think maybe it could use some better resolution and textures. I don't think the game needs anything else though. It already loads really fast and is absolutely huge with a massive amount of content. All of of my favorite Nintendo games and favorite third party Wii games I feel the exact same way about too. I look at them and go yeah, maybe they could look a a little better. They are still fun to play though.

Beyond that though, I think people that who are despondent that Wii U be severely underpowered have to ask themselves, what is that they really need?

It just seems like an ego or **** waving contest at times when I am reading some of these power comments, especially on some of these other threads. People say stuff that they just don't know about yet to validate their gaming masculinity. Comments like "PS4 or 720 will Blow Wii U out of the water" just seem really ridiculous to me.

Welcome aboard !.

I think the power talk stems from the fact that quite a few of the regular posters on these threads want the Wii U as their only console next gen, for it to be able to run multi platform games well into 2015 it will have to be at a certain power level to be able to run even basic versions of things like Unreal Engine 4.

From what has leaked, and from what we saw at E3 this seems not to be the case at all.

That Zelda demo from E3 2011 also has a lot to answer for, people waited a whole year to see either more of that style of game or a 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Metroid, Smash Bros, F Zero, Starfox ect with those levels of HD visuals and what we got was an up ported Wii game Pikmin 3, NSMB U, Project P-100 and Zombi U.

If you're a Nintendo fan you know how it goes im afraid, i wanted Wii U to be in hardware terms a 4 core IBM CPU clocked at around 3Ghz, have 2GB's of GDDR5 Ram and have at least a 1 teraFLOP GPU with a standard controller, Pikmin 3, Starfox and F Zero for launch with the promise and trailers of Zelda, 3D Mario, Smash Bros and Metroid in 2013/14/15, i would have gladly paid £400 for it on launch day had that been the case.

You can't always get what you want tho, esp when it comes to Nintendo but i think in a strange way that is why we love them ;).

Anth0ny

Darksiders 2 Wii U box art?

JKAj7.jpg

Probably a mock up... but it would be hilarious if the Wii U boxes are that similar to Wii's.

JordanN

Banned
I think the power talk stems from the fact that quite a few of the regular posters on these threads want the Wii U as their only console next gen, for it to be able to run multi platform games well into 2015 it will have to be at a certain power level to be able to run even basic versions of things like Unreal Engine 4.

From what has leaked, and from what we saw at E3 this seems not to be the case at all.

Who said UE4 wasn't on Wii U? Epic said they have not talked about any platform outside of PC so foremost, it wouldn't be official.

Hoodbury

Welcome aboard !.

Ya, I also don't think it's fair to make that type of judgement from seeing some launch games that are still 6-10 months away from release.

Gahiggidy

I spotted some more shots of the Wii U power brick in view at what looks like a french demo event that Jeuxonline attended:

vFdub.jpg

up94B.jpg

Here is the source of the images with other shots of the event:

http://snapwidget.com/view/?id=222476573111231291_49527311

In the second shot it looks like the sticker listing the power rating and other stuff is on there. People! Sneak a closeup photo of that info when you get the opportunity.

Who said UE4 wasn't on Wii U? Epic said they have not talked about any platform outside of PC so foremost, it wouldn't be official.

UE4 will not run on Wii U going on the leaked / rumoured specs imo.

A CPU that is rumoured to be on par, if not worse than the 360's 'Xenon', 2GB's of GDDR3 Ram and a barely 500 gigaFLOP GPU will not cut the mustard next gen im afraid, esp when it will be running another display on the controller which will again take resources away from what is being displayed on screen.

With those specs i doubt it will even get the latest UE3 games (Star Wars 1313) or the latest CE3 games (Far Cry 3, Crysis 3).

The Wii U is again aimed at mostly casual gamers no matter what Nintendo said at E3 2011, with a smattering of older / lower end cross platform games like Batman, ME3, Darksiders 2, AC 3 and Aliens.

If you are buying a Wii U expecting to play even 2013 current gen multiplatform games (GTA V, Tomb Raider, Bioshock: Infinite, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Watch Dogs ect) never mind next gen multi platform games (2014 - 2020) then you are going to be really let down imo.

It will however be a great console for Nintendo exclusives and for the first time in HD, if they manage to look like the Zelda tech demo i will be more than happy with that.

If you want to enjoy the big name multi platform games both at the end of this gen and next gen aswell then i would advice buying a gaming PC or if you prefer one of the other consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom