• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

D-e-f-

Banned
Honestly more than anything I hope we get more digital releases of cool indie eShop titles to help out!

Nintendo needs to make a push for more unique eShop titles and I'd be extremely happy!

There are so many titles already in the pipeline. They just need to get finished already.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
There are so many titles already in the pipeline. They just need to get finished already.

With indie games though especially I'm like just cause it's in dev doesn't mean we'll see it.

I just hope the pipeline of great games actually materializes.

I still want the Bayo 1 port with some extras like the virtua fighter costume that didn't make it in due to time etc.
Late ports are fine sometimes.

Unless it was made by a completely different team then I would rather they just spent the time and effort on Bayo 2 tbh. I thought exactly the same about Wind Waker HD, if they hadn't of bothered with that we could well have had the new Zelda this November instead of sometime in 2015...

Unless it was made by a completely different team then I would rather they just spent the time and effort on Bayo 2 tbh. I thought exactly the same about Wind Waker HD, if they hadn't of bothered with that we could well have had the new Zelda this November instead of sometime in 2015...
But WWHD was outsourced to trihex. That's really not the reason why the new Zelda isn't here yet.
Also Kamiyas team could handle the Bayo 1 port without sacrificing man power of Bayo 2. Or Inabas.

Riki

Ports rarely take full teams. Honestly, it's usually just a team of 5 to 10 doing engine rewriting and optimization.
And with Wind Waker HD, they actually have an engine that ports GameCube assets and models to the WiiU perfectly.
There were very little resources put in to it.

I'm also sure Bayo 1 is already running on Wii U at least in prototype form for tw101 and Bayo 2. While I have to admit the engine looks a bit different in tw101 and B2 compared to say B1 or MGR.

My bad I thought the main team stopped developing the new game to do Wind Waker HD to help with the software drought.

The new Zelda is probably my most anticipated game ever, that tech demo feels like such a long time ago :(.

Riki

I'm also sure Bayo 1 is already running on Wii U at least in prototype form for tw101 and Bayo 2. While I have to admit the engine looks a bit different in tw101 and B2 compared to say B1 or MGR.

The base engine for Bayo 2 probably shares a lot with Bayo 1, but it's much larger and much smoother.
I don't know about W101, though. It seems to be a fairly different engine in many aspects.

I hope that rumor about Super Mario 64 HD is real. The one where it was a ground-up remake designed for 2 players, Mario on the TV and Luigi on the Gamepad.

I mean I'm sure that specific rumor isn't, but the concept sounds like something Nintendo would fiddle with.

Riki

I hope that rumor about Super Mario 64 HD is real. The one where it was a ground-up remake designed for 2 players, Mario on the TV and Luigi on the Gamepad.

I mean I'm sure that specific rumor isn't, but the concept sounds like something Nintendo would fiddle with.

I wouldn't count on it. They've already remade the game once. And remaking a 64 game for WiiU would take a lot more work than a GC game.

cacildo

I dont like the idea of buying again a game i played the hell out of it just because its in HD now.

Except Mario 64. This is a game i could really buy again. A decent HD port with miiverse, and one surprise or two. People should search in their hearts and acept the fact that mario64 it is probably the best game ever made.

Sendou

What is Monster Games doing atm?

Who knows? Probably something for Nintendo. Previously they worked on Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze with Retro Studios. Before that on Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS port.

I want to see Pilotwings U myself. I don't see the 3DS game getting lot of love here but I really liked it. Such a relaxing little game with just a right amount of challenge to keep you going. Not to mention that OST.

Riki

Monster is really not a huge studio. So I don't know if they'll be working on a new game any time soon. Certainly not their own retail WiiU game.

D-e-f-

Banned

Why would random nonsense someone pulled out of his ass be real. It's not.

Glass Joe

I was browsing Nintendo's financial results briefing pdf, and noticed a listing for Ubi's Child of Light, but not Watch Dogs. Which is worrisome. But I also was browsing Amazon, and comparing the SKUs, the Wii U version is actually preselling at a faster clip than the PS3 and 360 versions.

Any news on this? The only UBI game I own on U is Rayman, so I suppose I'm part of the problem. However, AC and Splinter Cell doesn't really appeal, but Watch Dogs does. Oh, I'd also pick up Zombi U if they lowered the price in the eShop.

jmizzal

I was browsing Nintendo's financial results briefing pdf, and noticed a listing for Ubi's Child of Light, but not Watch Dogs. Which is worrisome. But I also was browsing Amazon, and comparing the SKUs, the Wii U version is actually preselling at a faster clip than the PS3 and 360 versions.

Any news on this? The only UBI game I own on U is Rayman, so I suppose I'm part of the problem. However, AC and Splinter Cell doesn't really appeal, but Watch Dogs does. Oh, I'd also pick up Zombi U if they lowered the price in the eShop.

We should find out for sure on the Watch Dogs WiiU on Feb 10th during Ubisoft financial briefing. Also Watch Dogs wasnt on the last Nintendo release list back in Oct around when the game got delayed, that list always have missing games.

ZombIU has been on sale in Europe for around 19.99 but lowest its been on sale in the US I think 34 on the eshop. I dont knw why they wont just lower the price.

cacildo

I wanna ask "Soooo... direct this week?" but i know everybody here knows as much as me about chances of a direct this week

Nintendo 'should' roll out a direct this week, to show the plans for 2014, since they are terrible to give any information.
But, as always, nintendo should do something, but that dosent mean they will do something

I wanna ask "Soooo... direct this week?" but i know everybody here knows as much as me about chances of a direct this week

Nintendo 'should' roll out a direct this week, to show the plans for 2014, since they are terrible to give any information.
But, as always, nintendo should do something, but that dosent mean they will do something

Didn't we already have a direct for this?The previous one...?
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that we will wait for some time before a new Direct arrives.Probably one at the time Donkey Kong launches..

daripad

I want more information on Mario Kart. I need to know if there are more game modes than the standard ones. I'm buying the gane regardless of that, I just play online mode anyway.

jmizzal

Didn't we already have a direct for this?The previous one...?
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that we will wait for some time before a new Direct arrives.Probably one at the time Donkey Kong launches..

The last direct was before Christmas, and before that they were having one every month for a while and there wasnt one in Jan. Plus DKC:TF comes out on the 13th in Japan so next week would before DK launches.

Yagami_Sama

I still want the Bayo 1 port with some extras like the virtua fighter costume that didn't make it in due to time etc.
Late ports are fine sometimes.

I totally agree.

Bayonneta 1 would be a nice addition to the platform. I just can`t understand why Nintendo most of the times, don't mind in hear some of their fans.

Also I am ok with late ports. Like Demons / Dark Souls, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Rising just to name a few.

I totally agree.

Bayonneta 1 would be a nice addition to the platform. I just can`t understand why Nintendo most of the times, don't mind in hear some of their fans.

Also I am ok with late ports. Like Demons / Dark Souls, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Rising just to name a few.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5, God I can't believe SE dropped the ball on that.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The opportunity cost just isn't there for a lot of devs. They can make more money focusing else where.

Bay 1 makes sense because the title is out and the sequel is gonna be Wii U only. Not porting Bay 1 is a missed opportunity IMO.

I get why games like KH 1.5 or Dark Souls aren't coming though.*

*not saying it doesn't suck

EmiPrime

Does it? I feel like it might compete with MK on Wii U. F-zero seems to fit more on the 3DS for me, though I wish we would get F-zero in 1080p/60fps glory.

There's so few Wii U games coming out that no game is in competition with any other game. MK isn't going to cannibalise F-Zero especially given that if the latter does exist it's not coming out this May.

How did they drop the ball exactly?

Surely porting those wouldn't have been that costly or difficult, since they had to anyway on PS3 as none of the 6 games were on PS3 prior. There is an audience for KH games on Nintendo platforms and I think in the long run they could've gotten some decent sales on Wii U,

I just think for the amount of money to just bring them over would've been covered well, I wouldn't expect the game to sell oodles on Wii U, but at least it'd do alright and justify the effort.

Surely porting those wouldn't have been that costly or difficult, since they had to anyway on PS3 as none of the 6 games were on PS3 prior. There is an audience for KH games on Nintendo platforms and I think in the long run they could've gotten some decent sales on Wii U,

I just think for the amount of money to just bring them over would've been covered well, I wouldn't expect the game to sell oodles on Wii U, but at least it'd do alright and justify the effort.

Enhhh keep in mind to be profitable it would have to be Wii U owners who also don't have a PS3 and would only buy it on Wii U.

The number of those people can't be that high.

Enhhh keep in mind to be profitable it would have to be Wii U owners who also don't have a PS3 and would only buy it on Wii U.

The number of those people can't be that high.

I see your point.

SE could instead bring each to 3DS as a 3D Classics range. I think they can manage it. And it'd much more profitable. Konami got MGS3 to 3DS as Namco with Tales of the Abyss.

Shocked Birth By Sleep 3D never happened.

WHEN IS OUR NEXT NINTENDO DIRECT?!

I'm annoyed as well, every week we keep expecting it and then poof, nada. :/

Glass Joe

Does it? I feel like it might compete with MK on Wii U. F-zero seems to fit more on the 3DS for me, though I wish we would get F-zero in 1080p/60fps glory.

I think you're right but I'd still like it on Wii U instead. Although MK and F-Zero are both fantasy-based racers, they play very differently. MK is very casual friendly while F-Zero is more of a hardcore experience.

WHEN IS OUR NEXT NINTENDO DIRECT?!

After that results briefing, I feel they REALLY need one. Not much to be optimistic about on the Wii U front from that. They need to do more than just say "oh, well." That's causing threads like "Will Zelda U get cancelled?" Even if they're just showing off DK, Mario Kart, Smash and some indie stuff, they have to come off like the U is still a priority. I imagine they could also show off some DS Virtual Console and probably TG16 too, since some of those games are coming out in Japan now.

Glass Joe

By the way, in regards to the first post, Lego The Movie The Game (or whatever it's called haha) is coming out next week on February 7th. I figured if The Hobbit gets a slot, that one should be mentioned too.

Riki

Since there was no Direct at the meeting, I honestly wouldn't expect a major one until after Donkey Kong is out, sadly.

Top Bottom