• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

DrWong

This has to be Devils Third, we just got an update today on Itagaki FB page saying it will be a reveal this year

It's Devils Third - this is so obvious! >_<*

I wonder if it's Devil's Third?

I didn't want to highlight the coincidence myself but yeah, it's strange...

By courtesy of jbug617 from the other thread in regards to Devil's Third

The plot thickens...

... strange...

Javier

Harvest Moon or Rune Factory? I sort of gave up on new Harvest Moon games with the GameCube one, but I think it might be time to give Rune Factory a shot if it came to Wii U.
Harvest Moon has been on every Nintendo system since SNES/GBC, so we'll likely get one eventually for Wii U.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Yep

I expect a direct next week since the Nintendo quarter meeting is the 1st

Maybe we see it then or at E3
What quarter meeting? The Fiscal Year Earnings Release (full FY 2013) is on May 7. The Record Date for Year-End Dividends for the 74th Fiscal Year is March 31.

ohlawd

is it not impossible that MS is trying to pull a fast one on us? Saying stuff like "did not pick up the rights" but still publishing or whatever? That's one way to fool people.

I wondering if Nintendo would do some sort of Club Nintendo promotion like the free Pokemon download code for Wii U? I was going to save the Super Mario 3D World code for that until I realized that my new Wii U was already registered on Club Nintendo.

is it not impossible that MS is trying to pull a fast one on us? Saying stuff like "did not pick up the rights" but still publishing or whatever? That's one way to fool people.

They would have nothing to gain from that. They would have just said that they do not comment on speculation or rumors.

Rösti;106055714 said:
What quarter meeting? The Fiscal Year Earnings Release (full FY 2013) is on May 7. The Record Date for Year-End Dividends for the 74th Fiscal Year is March 31.

thoguht it was in April

Maybe I am wrong

I do think we will get an april direct

Doesnt their quarter end in April?

ohlawd

What would they have to gain?

I wondering if Nintendo would do some sort of Club Nintendo promotion like the free Pokemon download code for Wii U? I was going to save the Super Mario 3D World code for that until I realized that my new Wii U was already registered on Club Nintendo.

They would have nothing to gain from that. They would have just said that they do not comment on speculation or rumors.
tears from messge boards when it comes true, what else?

if it does come out on the U, I'm buying it for sure.

thoguht it was in April

Maybe I am wrong

I do think we will get an april direct

Doesnt their quarter end in April?

Quarter/Financial Year ends March 31st. Their end of year report will be May 7th, which iirc, will include the results for the quarter, presumably with an investor's meeting on May 8th.

Quarter/Financial Year ends March 31st. Their end of year report will be May 7th, which iirc, will include the results for the quarter, presumably with an investor's meeting on May 8th.

Thanks I thought they had the meeting once the quarter ended

Ignore my previous comments then

Anyone else think were on a bi monthly basis for directs now?

Blues1990

I have the following games for the system:

• Pikmin 3
  • Nintendo Land
  • The Wonderful 101
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
  • Sonic All-Stars Racing: Transformed
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Sonic: Lost World
And I'm going to pick-up the following in the near future:

• Bayonetta 2
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Zombi U

Are there any other games that I should consider for the system in the near future?

(Note: I'm avoiding the Wii U Virtual Console games (for personal reasons), and I'm going to sit-out with Super Smash Bros. 4.)

jmizzal

Thanks I thought they had the meeting once the quarter ended

Ignore my previous comments then

Anyone else think were on a bi monthly basis for directs now?

Yea they will def have one in April to start the Mario Kart 8 hype and for stuff coming in June and July, then have one pre E3 or E3 depending on if they have a press conf this year at E3

Are there any other games that I should consider for the system in the near future?

You have a solid library already and the games you've chosen to pick up are looking good, as well. If you're interested, New Super Mario Bros. U or Super Luigi U are also solid, as is Lego City Undercover. If you like Splinter Cell, try to find a copy of Blacklist. I thought it was an excellent version with decent GamePad use.

sphagnum

Banned

• Pikmin 3
  • Nintendo Land
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Super Mario 3D World

• Bayonetta 2
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Zombi U

(Note: I'm avoiding the Wii U Virtual Console games (for personal reasons), and I'm going to sit-out with Super Smash Bros. 4.)

Game & Wario
Lego City Undercover
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Luigi U
Rayman Legends
Resident Evil: Revelations
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition

Tabasco

I might be picking up ZombiU if I can find it cheap.

If it's an experimental game like Red Steel is, then I may like it quite a lot.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
He said enough I think : Wii U exclusive, Jp third party, Bayo 2 style. Let's see if something fits these requirements in the coming months.

I agree.
that doens't mean that the guy is reliable/right, but he was clear with hints: when Nintendo will announce new games (within now and E3 I think) if there will be no game matcihng those hints, we'll know that he was unrelilable.

btw, honestly, aside all the doom and gloom...justified even, about the Wii U, I wouldn't be surprised in seeing a new game developed by a Japanese developers published by Nintendo.
Could even be Fatal Frame, let's say.
And I would be happy :p

prag16

Banned

• Pikmin 3
  • Nintendo Land
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Super Mario 3D World

• Bayonetta 2
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Zombi U

Mass Effect 3 is dirt cheap now. If you haven't played and have no other way to play the series, pick it up. Splinter Cell is great too, and can be found pretty cheap now.

cacildo

Lego City Undercover is a game that will NEVER be on a sale, it seems

But then again, nobody ever answered me this: Is LCU just another Lego Game, in the sense that if you die you just respawn without losing anything?

Because really, i think lego games are pathetic because of this. What´s the point if there´s no challenge?

I asked the same question about Marvel Lego Whatever and Lego Movie. Nobody at gaf ever answer it to me.

Neifirst

But then again, nobody ever answered me this: Is LCU just another Lego Game, in the sense that if you die you just respawn without losing anything?

Because really, i think lego games are pathetic because of this. What´s the point if there´s no challenge?

I asked the same question about Marvel Lego Whatever and Lego Movie. Nobody at gaf ever answer it to me.

It's Lego Grand Theft Auto with a lot of exploration and use of new abilities. I put a good 40 hours into it and greatly enjoyed the writing of the main missions. About the only negative I can think of is some of the loading times.

kinggroin

Banned

In that sense it is.

In the sense of mission structure, level design, its not; its grander.

phanphare

Banned
Mass Effect 3 is dirt cheap now. If you haven't played and have no other way to play the series, pick it up. Splinter Cell is great too, and can be found pretty cheap now.

can you describe the gameplay in mass effect a bit for me? for some reason I passed on that series because I thought it wasn't for me but I can't really recall why. also if I haven't played the first 2 could I still play 3 without any problems? thanks

It's a Nintendo game. Sales on those are rare, remember?

LEGO City is big on exploration. You can't go 10 feet in the City without finding something to do.

also if I haven't played the first 2 could I still play 3 without any problems? thanks

I would never recommend doing this to anyone.

Effect

can you describe the gameplay in mass effect a bit for me? for some reason I passed on that series because I thought it wasn't for me but I can't really recall why. also if I haven't played the first 2 could I still play 3 without any problems? thanks

It's RPG (you can increase the stats and abilities of you party but it's combat is that of a third person shooter with cover elements. You have abilities you can use during combat. You mainly control the character Shepard who can be a human male or female. Your party members are controlled by the game but you can manually trigger their abilities. They can hold their own most of the time as well (will use their abilities) and will use cover. You can also direct them in combat in a limited fashion by telling them where to move to or to come back to you.

Mass Effect 3 has a interactive comic that allows you make decisions based on past events. It's a presented by way of the main character reflecting on past events and told in the first person. Minor events aren't covered though. Events of Mass Effect 1 are covered the best. It's limited for events that took place during Mass Effect 2. It was possible to do everything in that game and get a positive, but required you to do things in certain ways. The Mass Effect 2 section of the comic doesn't account for that. Some things are left out in terms of side characters that were optional as well. So they don't show up in Mass Effect 3 I believe.

Having played through the trilogy on PC (went that route because it was super cheap during an amazon sale. Otherwise I would have just gotten the Wii U version.) and seeing the comic I think it's fine. It does a decent enough job to explain past events and characters. There won't be as close of a connection having not played the first two games. However those that say you "MUST" play the other two to understand what is gong on or to get an emotional pay are wrong I feel. There is a lot that goes on during ME3 that can make you connect with the characters. Some history is loss but nothing that should interfere with enjoyment of the game. Also each game has entries about the entire universe and events in the journal. ME3 is no different. So a lot of the information is there for you to read up on if one chooses.

cacildo

It's Lego Grand Theft Auto with a lot of exploration and use of new abilities. I put a good 40 hours into it and greatly enjoyed the writing of the main missions. About the only negative I can think of is some of the loading times.

It's a Nintendo game. Sales on those are rare, remember?

LEGO City is big on exploration. You can't go 10 feet in the City without finding something to do.

In that sense it is.
In the sense of mission structure, level design, its not; its grander.

So its that a yes? Infinite lives and die/respawn right at the same place without losing anything? Is that a yes?

DrWong

So its that a yes? Infinite lives and die/respawn right at the same place without losing anything? Is that a yes?

I don't know, I never "died" in LCU ;]

It's not the kind of game you play to survive challenges, it's the kind of game you play to collect challenges... It's more about the exploration et collection than the challenge. don't play it if it's what you're searching for. 101, if you didn't play it yet, is the better game for it.

So, yes.

cacildo

I don't know, I never "died" in LCU ;]

It's not the kind of game you play to survive challenges, it's the kind of game you play to collect challenges... It's more about the exploration et collection than the challenge. don't play it if it's what you're searching for. 101, if you didn't play it yet, is the better game for it.

So, yes.

Thank you!

As we can see, it was a hard answer to get that´s why i was so annoying about it. But as you all explained it has more to do with the game´s structure

Effect

The point of most Lego games I've found is not challenge but fun. Which is why they're enjoyed by such a wide range of people. This is one thing that Lego City Undercover excels at more then most if not all other Lego games. It's a LOT, LOT, LOT of fun. From the levels which while not overly challenging are fun experiences even when you back to them as there are different things you can do in them as you get new disguises to general exploration of the city which is really big to the story which is original and genuinely funny on a number of levels.

There are some platforming sections in most levels and in the city itself that do require a bit of skill but aren't too off putting. The bridge scaling being the most challenging and the most rewarding.

It's a Lego game so yes you have the respawn where you died, infinite lives, etc. However I don't feel that should be something to causes one to bypass the game. It's one of the best games on the Wii U. I'm talking top 5 worthy.

jholmes

You lose some points but yes, that's definitely what happens. That said I agree with everyone else that there's so much to explore and find that the game is still great. Just don't go on expecting to be impressed by the combat.

jmizzal

I enjoyed Mass Effect 3 on WiiU a lot, it was my first Mass Effect game, and after it was over I wanted more, really disappointed that EA didnt just put the Trilogy on WiiU

phanphare

Banned
I would never recommend doing this to anyone.
It's RPG (you can increase the stats and abilities of you party but it's combat is that of a third person shooter with cover elements. You have abilities you can use during combat. You mainly control the character Shepard who can be a human male or female. Your party members are controlled by the game but you can manually trigger their abilities. They can hold their own most of the time as well (will use their abilities) and will use cover. You can also direct them in combat in a limited fashion by telling them where to move to or to come back to you.

Mass Effect 3 has a interactive comic that allows you make decisions based on past events. It's a presented by way of the main character reflecting on past events and told in the first person. Minor events aren't covered though. Events of Mass Effect 1 are covered the best. It's limited for events that took place during Mass Effect 2. It was possible to do everything in that game and get a positive, but required you to do things in certain ways. The Mass Effect 2 section of the comic doesn't account for that. Some things are left out in terms of side characters that were optional as well. So they don't show up in Mass Effect 3 I believe.

Having played through the trilogy on PC (went that route because it was super cheap during an amazon sale. Otherwise I would have just gotten the Wii U version.) and seeing the comic I think it's fine. It does a decent enough job to explain past events and characters. There won't be as close of a connection having not played the first two games. However those that say you "MUST" play the other two to understand what is gong on or to get an emotional pay are wrong I feel. There is a lot that goes on during ME3 that can make you connect with the characters. Some history is loss but nothing that should interfere with enjoyment of the game. Also each game has entries about the entire universe and events in the journal. ME3 is no different. So a lot of the information is there for you to read up on if one chooses.

thanks for the responses! this game does not sound like it's for me haha. I remember why now when you described it

Twisted Fusion coming to the Wii U eShop.

3.png

4.png

2D platformer
- due out later this year (Q4)
- coming from one-man developer Leuvision
- open-world action platformer
- stars Cora, a girl who uses dual water pistols as her main attack
- day/night system and weather system is present
- environments channe depending on what the time of day and weather is
- water hurts the enemies
- enemies become angrier when it's raining
- bigger enemies appear at night
- whole world is connected without level select
- you don't need to backtrack to progress
- certain areas of the game can also be completed out of order
- Cora is stranded on a new world with strange creatures, with just a pair of water pistols
- she's trying to find her way home

Via NWR

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

It's selling for $40 on Amazon and has been for a while.

royox

You can't seriously be recomending Mass Effect 3 to a person who hasn't played ME1 and ME2...

Top Bottom