• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

jmizzal

Is the dip in framerate really noticeable that it would affect gameplay or is it minor? I plan to go buy it after work.

No I played 96 hours in SC BL, the only thing noticeable is the long loading times when you first start the game up, other then that the game is great

I called up Nintendo yesterday and they told me that my Nintendo ID will be unlinked within 2 days. The CS rep was probably the nicest CS that I have ever dealt with.

I was thinking about making a new Nintendo ID though and linking up my old Club Nintendo account to it so that the points do not go to waste. There should not be any problems with having more than 1 Nintendo ID on a system correct?

Is it possible to have the points of multiple Wii Us added to a Club Nintendo account?

Tripon

Looks like Nintendo World Report is going to help reveal a new eShop game on Friday.

Neal Ronaghan ‏@nron10 1h
Looking like @Nintendo_NWR will reveal another Wii U eShop game on Friday. Come to us for all your eShop revealin' needs, dudes!

69wpm

Falling Skies: The Game has popped up at Newegg. That game has been announced last year to come out in 2014. This was the PR:

Little Orbit, publisher of the upcoming Young Justice: Legacy game, is teaming up with TNT to produce a new project based on the alien-invasion television series Falling Skies. President Matt Scott said in today’s announcement that the company is “collaborating closely with the show’s own writers to craft the game’s storyline, wholly integrating the Falling Skies universe into a visceral gaming experience.”
Little Orbit will release a Falling Skies title across “multiple consoles” next year. The game “will tie directly into the television series, with a scenario that will weave itself into the existing universe and feature voice work by the show’s actors.”

The Young Justice: Legacy game has been canceled for Wii and Wii U, so no idea if this will get out :/

prag16

Banned
Haha

If it's almost the same in both games then I don't mind given that it's pretty cheap now. I'll find out for myself this week :p

I'm sensitive to poor frame rate, and I can guarantee Blacklist is perfectly playable on Wii U. The frame drops aren't really noticeable outside of cutscenes (and even then it's not awful). The lack of tearing is also a nice bonus.

The load times are a drag though, any time you go from paladin to mission, or vice versa. The reload after a death is very fast though.

jmizzal

Falling Skies: The Game has popped up at Newegg. That game has been announced last year to come out in 2014. This was the PR:

The Young Justice: Legacy game has been canceled for Wii and Wii U, so no idea if this will get out :/

I hope it comes out, the more games the better

DrWong

I like the art and the NFC concept. Hopefully it will come to Wii U too.

EDIT:
are the site listing Wii U because that Prodigy game is this one?

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/201...s-wii-u-for-unannounced-fantasy-medieval-rpg/

I've noticed some similarities but I'm not sure.

Yes, the art is the same I believe. The dev' is also French > http://www.01net.com/editorial/6168...eu-video-francais-a-figurines-qui-voit-grand/

We can assume it's the same game for which the dev' was asking for a Wii U developer back then (your link).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yes, the art is the same I believe. The dev' is also French > http://www.01net.com/editorial/6168...eu-video-francais-a-figurines-qui-voit-grand/

We can assume it's the same game for which the dev' was asking for a Wii U developer back then (your link).

Well, now I'm sad ;p
The UE4 use clearly limit the possible console version to PS4XBONE, imho, as for the USB peripheral comment too.
Despite they looking for Wii U developers and despite the NFC gamepad integration...
I'd really love to see NFC game for the Wii U, hopefully Nintendo will bring us something not so cheap and small as Pokemon Rumble (considering that they neither distributed the figures in Europe, except UK...)

DrWong

Well, now I'm sad ;p
The UE4 use clearly limit the possible console version to PS4XBONE, imho, as for the USB peripheral comment too.
Despite they looking for Wii U developers and despite the NFC gamepad integration...
I'd really love to see NFC game for the Wii U, hopefully Nintendo will bring us something not so cheap and small as Pokemon Rumble (considering that they neither distributed the figures in Europe, except UK...)

If they bother to port UE4 to Wii U, which is doable according to Epic but wasn't worth their ressources, why not ? Let's see...

DrWong

Rumour: the French journalist/indie guy/dev' is at it again. Tweeted today:

873011image.jpg
My rough translation :

"The WiiU Exclusive will indeed be announced this year and/with more (to come)! And it will Rox!"

https://twitter.com/NicoWav

tebunker

Banned
At this point he should just say anything concrete. It isn't like he has any credibility as it is, and by giving a name any name he could at least claim he said first when/if anything gets announced

DrWong

At this point he should just say anything concrete. It isn't like he has any credibility as it is, and by giving a name any name he could at least claim he said first when/if anything gets announced

He said enough I think : Wii U exclusive, Jp third party, Bayo 2 style. Let's see if something fits these requirements in the coming months.

Meesh

He said enough I think : Wii U exclusive, Jp third party, Bayo 2 style. Let's see if something fits these requirements in the coming months.
Don't. Get. My. Hopes. Up.

I mean I read that and thought my wenis moved a little...

tebunker

Banned
Except at this point he is just trying to stay relevant. He should call his shot and leave it at that. Vague mentions and half truths do nothing. He could literally retweet the same thing every month just to string folks along and gain followers/hits.

Would be more convincing if he gave better/more concrete details. Otherwise he shild just be ignored

Effect

Having a renewed interested in the upcoming Amazing Spider-man 2 game and film I'm wondering how the first game on the Wii U turned out. Seeing as that's the only superhero game seemingly coming in the future and possibly the only series that might continue on the Wii U given that's it's from Activision figure why not check it out if it turned well and had some replay value. Batman is a lose for others but honestly I've never been a big fan of the Batman games in the past. I played Arkham Asylum on the PS3 and really it never really grabbed me the way it did others so I didn't bother with Arkham City for the PS3 or even Wii U. Or Origins. I much more prefer the Assassins' Creed games. Now the not being released is going to hurt and might have to start worrying about the PC versions if I don't get a PS4. Now Spider-man is a different story compared to Batman. I've always liked him as a character more. Enough to even follow and collect the comics for a while around Civil War years ago.

Thing is the Arkham games are their own universe. Not being tied to a film the way the Spider-man games tend to be. So that's always made their quality questionable. So did Amazing Spider-man 1 turn out well? Any major flaws with the game? Worth the new price now or find it used? Replay value?

Thanks.

maxcriden

Having a renewed interested in the upcoming Amazing Spider-man 2 game and film I'm wondering how the first game on the Wii U turned out. Seeing as that's the only superhero game seemingly coming in the future and possibly the only series that might continue on the Wii U given that's it's from Activision figure why not check it out if it turned well and had some replay value. Batman is a lost for others but honestly I've never been a big fan of the Batman games in the past. I played Arkham Asylum on the PS3 and really it never really grabbed me the way it did others so I didn't bother with Arkham City for the PS3 or even Wii U. Or Origins. Now Spider-man is a different story. I've always liked him as a character more. Enough to even follow the comics for a while around Civil War years ago.

Thing is the Arkham games are their own universe. Not being tied to a film the way the Spider-man games tend to be. So that's always made their quality questionable. So did Amazing Spider-man 1 turn out well? Any major flaws with the game? Worth the new price now or find it used? Replay value?

Thanks.

Looks like it's supposed to be pretty solid actually:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/the-amazing-spider-man

If you pick it up I'd be interested to hear how it is. (I would just get it used personally, looks like Amazon has some good prices.)

DrWong

Except at this point he is just trying to stay relevant. He should call his shot and leave it at that. Vague mentions and half truths do nothing. He could literally retweet the same thing every month just to string folks along and gain followers/hits.

Would be more convincing if he gave better/more concrete details. Otherwise he shild just be ignored

It wouldn't be a rumour anymore ;]

ozfunghi

Is the dip in framerate really noticeable that it would affect gameplay or is it minor? I plan to go buy it after work.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2hea...arison-and-analysis-ps3-vs-xbox-360-vs-wii-u/

Conclusion: In the end we feel the overall better experience belongs to the Wii U. Although, the load times were much longer on the Wii U and the PlayStation 3 textures were slightly more detailed throughout, we still feel that due to the superior performance of the Wii U version not having any screen tearing and texture resolution almost on par with the PlayStation 3, the overall better experience was on the Wii U. Below are the videos for the Wii U, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 analysis.

Linkhero1

I'm sensitive to poor frame rate, and I can guarantee Blacklist is perfectly playable on Wii U. The frame drops aren't really noticeable outside of cutscenes (and even then it's not awful). The lack of tearing is also a nice bonus.

The load times are a drag though, any time you go from paladin to mission, or vice versa. The reload after a death is very fast though.

I've been convinced since yesterday :p

cacildo

I hope so. I really think nintendo should do this all the way. Why wait for publishers to put a lame late ports of already lame games on WiiU? Better be its own 3rd party.

BECAUSE, as we all know, 3rd parties aint as hot as they were in the 00´s. People still react to 3rd party games like Capcom and Konami are still popping good games right and left. They arent. Good games from 3rd parties are becoming something incredibly rare

I hope so. I really think nintendo should do this all the way. Why wait for publishers to put a lame late ports of already lame games on WiiU? Better be its own 3rd party.

BECAUSE, as we all know, 3rd parties aint as hot as they were in the 00´s. People still react to 3rd party games like Capcom and Konami are still popping good games right and left. They arent. Good games from 3rd parties are becoming something incredibly rare

Exactly, I now put most 3rd party games a notch down my priority list. I am excited for a few games but cannot say I am hyped. Maybe new Batman, Shadow of Mordor. I am so not hyped for FPS, its like I just want my simple MP FPS fix and nothing more. I just play CoD BOs 2 on Wii U and CS GO on PC. I want rich gameplay games and it seems like indies could deliver.

I still have so much to get on my Wii U and now the games are getting very cheap. Getting Rayman Legends, when does that end?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Now, as earlier E3 expos have shown, the categories certain exhibitors are registered undered aren't necessarily representative for what products the company has to actually show, but it can't hurt to show the current list anyway:

Action - Nintendo Wii U

Little Orbit

Adventure - Nintendo Wii U

Little Orbit
Maximum Games
Natsume Inc.

Arcade - Nintendo Wii U

Little Orbit

Casual Games - Nintendo Wii U

Maximum Games

Children's/Family Entertainment - Nintendo Wii U

Little Orbit

Digital Download/Gaming On Demand - Nintendo Wii U

Atlus U.S.A., Inc.

Distributor - Nintendo Wii U

CD Distribution
LATAM Games
Solutions 2 GO

Indie - Nintendo Wii U

Maximum Games

Manufacturing - Nintendo Wii U

R.D.S. Industries Inc

Other Services - Nintendo Wii U

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation

Peripherals - Nintendo Wii U

Performance Designed Products

Strategy - Nintendo Wii U

Maximum Games
Now, this does not mean that any of these companies have any Wii U games in development waiting to be revealed at E3, it's simply a list of the companies that have decided to check the box for Wii U when they registered. Note also that the list, which can be searched here appears to be nowhere near finished, so in the coming weeks we'll probably see things added (and removed).

I'm also waiting for the ESA to make the E3 2014 floor plans publicly available. As far as I know, the plans are available via http://marketing14.e3expoem.com/e3expo14/Login.aspx (e3expoem.com if the link doesn't go anywhere), but that's a password protected site and I haven't got a password. They're not available at http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index.cfm?Show_ID=E313 either.

Rösti;106039994 said:
Now, as earlier E3 expos have shown, the categories certain exhibitors are registered undered aren't necessarily representative for what products the company has to actually show, but it can't hurt to show the current list anyway:

Now, this does not mean that any of these companies have any Wii U games in development waiting to be revealed at E3, it's simply a list of the companies that have decided to check the box for Wii U when they registered. Note also that the list, which can be searched here appears to be nowhere near finished, so in the coming weeks we'll probably see things added (and removed).

I'm also waiting for the ESA to make the E3 2014 floor plans publicly available. As far as I know, the plans are available via http://marketing14.e3expoem.com/e3expo14/Login.aspx (e3expoem.com if the link doesn't go anywhere), but that's a password protected site and I haven't got a password. They're not available at http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index.cfm?Show_ID=E313 either.

Little Orbit has a few games; How to Train Your Dragon 2, Falling Skies, and likely the Cartoon Network games they just announced.

Natsume would be oooh so goood. But They hardly have their own games aside from rare exceptions like Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove. HOPEFULLY Marvelous have Harvest Moon cooking for Wii U this decade and Natsume will be ready ASAP when it happens.

Only thing Maximum announced that now surely dead is Jett Tailfin, but also the Putty Squad game they're bringing over was initially announced for Wii U by the owner System 3, but it vanished without a trace.

jmizzal

Rösti;106039994 said:

Digital Download/Gaming On Demand - Nintendo Wii U
Atlus U.S.A., Inc.

What would that be?

Towels

Banned
Exactly, I now put most 3rd party games a notch down my priority list.....I am so not hyped for FPS, its like I just want my simple MP FPS fix and nothing more.... I want rich gameplay games and it seems like indies could deliver.

I can relate to this. But sadly, it seems the mainstream gaming culture does not. I am deeply concerned, this generation, that videogames are going somewhere where I dont want them them to be. The playstation generation brought in large numbers of paying players that appear to have taken the hobby into a bastardised form of the hobby. And as great as indies may be, I dont think a platform holder (outside of PC and mobile) can sustain a business model on them.

The only hope I can cling onto right now, is that Nintendo themselves can make money out of the console fanbase it has. And that any gap left by the EA's, can be filled by publishers who see a lack of third party competition as a opportunity to grab attention, and release their wares, and that these might attract players who want more than AAA first party Nintendo.

(apologies if I have digressed. I worry about the hobby I love)

Edit: Or that Nintendo can move those 3DS owners onto console, somehow.

Can Pokemon save the Wii U?

jholmes

Rösti;106039994 said:
Adventure - Nintendo Wii U

Little Orbit
Maximum Games
Natsume Inc.

Harvest Moon or Rune Factory? I sort of gave up on new Harvest Moon games with the GameCube one, but I think it might be time to give Rune Factory a shot if it came to Wii U.

Top Bottom