• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplet

I really want to know what Tsonga was thinking, he seemed to have fun at his fail.

He did it on purpose to extend the point for the audience. I'm guessing he already knew he wasn't going to finish the match but that's still just silly.

LuuKyK

:(

Fuck Wimbledon and this slippery grass bullshit. At least Maria isnt injured. Go rest now.

Also, give Williams the title already.

cdkee

Banned
God that match was difficult to watch.

"OOOOOOOHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Aww, now Serena won't be able to crip walk dance all over Maria's corpse again

Shocked to learn that Azarenka and Tsonga are both out too

Dommo

So this Wimbledon has been absolutely nuts so far. I think I need to summarise all the crazy shit just to get my thoughts in order:

Injuries:
- Victoria Azarenka (Second round, withdrew because of a right knee injury)
- Marin Čilić (Second round, withdrew because of a left knee injury)
- John Isner (Second round, retired because of left knee injury)
And now:
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (Second round, retired because of a left knee injury)

Nadal out, losing to a man who also had to retire injured in the following round. Hewitt taking out Warwinka then dropping out in the next round to a qualifier. Sharapova, Errani, Kirilenko, Wozniacki, Petrova, Ivanovic all gone.

Federer's side of the draw was once a minefield with Nadal and Tsonga, Fed's kryptonite, has now been reduced to pretty much Murray being the only threat. Murray and Federer are both definitely in strong positions. Crazy how everything's been thrown on its head in a couple of days.

Dommo

if nothing else at least there's going to be some variety in the quarters.

Definitely.

Over the past few years I've always been happy to see the same or similar results every grand slam because the top players are so damn good it's great seeing them duke off, writing history again in another epic tournament. But at this year's French Open, for the most part, I felt fatigued and bored of the same old thing. It seemed so incredibly predictable and lo and behold, everything unfolded as was expected without a hiccup.

It's as if the tennis gods have swiftly reacted to my fatigue and thrown a bucket of spanners into the works.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
*explodes with joy*

image.php

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Fed isn't playing too well here. Stakhovsky is doing good though.

Wow, what a shot there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom