• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This is how you know Laura is British: every match is living hell.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Good for Lisicki, fuck Williams.

Robson really can't handle the crowd at all, as soon as they make too much noise her serve goes down the toilet. Hopefully she recovers like in her last match.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I still think, if somewhat hesitantly, Laura is going to win. Kanepi can't threaten Laura, only wait for Laura to self-destruct. I mean, Laura's very good at self-destructing, but I'm pretty sure she'll firm up eventually.

Mastadon

Banned
I love the BBC live text updates.

Mike Henson on Henman Hill, BBC Sport at Wimbledon
"If you want tension, the big screen is not the only place to look. One man is attempting to relocate his patch of grass in a sea of humanity while carrying a rapidly weakening cardboard tray containing four full pints pots.

"His cargo wobbles above the heads of unsuspecting viewers like a boozy sword of Damacles before he finally makes it back to his thirsty mates."

MiKeD

Banned
It's so annoying though, since she can play rallies really well under pressure, she just cannot get a serve out. No way she should have lost that tiebreak.

Listen to her interviews, she still sounds like a shy little girl while Serena threatens line judges. That's double digit grand slams wins mentality right there (well not really lol, but you know what I mean).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
...and Kubot secures the break in the final set.

Eh she's still only 19, and these things tend to come with age and experience.
She is seriously poor on the big points though.

Not even like she's playing towards the end of championships.

Throughout this match she's got into good positions on Kanepi's serve but then she just gives free points away.

MiKeD

Banned
How come? He´s playing with an injured ankle and still beating Dodig. I can't understand all the hate directed at Ferrer.

Same. The guy is 1m75 tall, he's probably the smallest guy in the top 50 (definitely top 32)...Everyone expects him to overpower guy or something, I don't understand.

bud23

Robson is terrible, just an invention of the British media, she won´t win Wimbledon or any other GS, at all. Come on now, she is not even a top 20.

Wes

venison crêpe
Robson isn't doing bad for someone who, according to reports, doesn't train as much as she should. 19 and in the second week? More than any of us expected.

Gone are the days of 18 year olds winning slams. At least for the time being.

MiKeD

Banned
Dodig what are you doing man :(

So happy Puig managed to serve out the set. She deserves to reach quarters!

I'm 100% Polish and simply don't root for him.

Yea. He seriously needs to grow up quickly, because he's losing more and more respect every time he acts like this on the bigger stage. Let's not even talk about that absolute EXPLOSION about an out call, which I think was at the Australian, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom