• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

Once he gets irritated by something, anything, you can visibly see his energy levels drop, his concentration goes and he just goes through a lull. I'm sure he will get it back together as he invariably does, but he can't do this against Djokovic.

I hope it isn't his back again.

Why does Murray always have a shit face on?
Even when he's warming up it looks like he had been sitting on the toilet for an hour shitting out last nights hot curry dinner.

szaromir

Banned
Anybody knows why Wimbledon's statisticians are so lenient? Whenever a player has to make two steps to hit a ball it already qualifies as a potential forced error.

Acorn

Yeah, that''s what's worrying me. You'd have thought he'd have had the trainer on though.

Yeah, I've seen him just go despondent like this when he is injured without getting the trainer until the end of a set before though.

Why does Murray always have a shit face on?
Even when he's warming up it looks like he had been sitting on the toilet for an hour shitting out last nights hot curry dinner.

Some peoples resting face (mine too) looks angry.

krYlon

Yeah, I've seen him just go despondent like this when he is injured without getting the trainer until the end of a set before though.

What constitutes an injury though? I've seen him fall over and graze his knee before and act like he's been run over by a truck.

szaromir

Banned
LMAO at people being angry at Andy's negative body language. He's the kind of guy who needs to get negative emotions out of the system, at least he never goes into rage mode Safin-style :p

Acorn

LMAO at people being angry at Andy's negative body language. He's the kind of guy who needs to get negative emotions out of the system, at least he never goes into rage mode Safin-style :p

Have you seen the little englanders with straw hats? They demand Henman gentlemanly losing.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Its funny though in all seriousness, Henman got criticised for being a robot and Murray is criticised for being a rage addict.

Obviously, the next Brit No. 1 should be Welsh. The perfect blend.

You don't have to look for Henman for the 'robot' complaints, though- Murray gets it for his general Scottish dourness.

Reyne

Yeah, but Safin was hilarious and enjoyable to watch. Nothing funny about Murray's antics and him acting like a victim whenever he doesn't win a point is just tedious.

szaromir

Banned
delPo should close out his match, who are you going to cheer for in the Berdych-Tomic match? I think it'd be nice if Tomic won this one, we need a youngster breaking through and Tomic plays very interesting tennis and I love how he flips between a bad boy and a charismatic youngster.

Acorn

Some crowd outside as usual.

I'd probably enjoy the atmosphere outside on the hill than centre court to be honest.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I want Murray to stay alive as long as Djokovic is still in the tournament, since he's probably the only legit shot to take him out.

FUCKING FINALLY.

That there is the difference between old and new Murray - not that he doesn't have those moments any more, but in the past he would have lost that set. He did amazingly well to come back. Hopefully he can stop the imaginary injuries pish now.

mclem

Yep, he's clutching his back alright (when he loses a point)

One of the commentators (Maybe Henman? Didn't catch who) noted that it didn't happen when he was winning points...

Anyhow: Impressive fightback, credit where it's due there. Shitty that the fightback was necessary, of course, but take positives where we can! Now to listen to the last(?) set on the bus home.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
FUCKING FINALLY.

That there is the difference between old and new Murray - not that he doesn't have those moments any more, but in the past he would have lost that set. He did amazingly well to come back. Hopefully he can stop the imaginary injuries pish now.

Yeah, basically. I don't think he'll ever get rid of those weird moments in the same way Djokovic is probably never going to overcome his slow starts, but Murray's learnt to accommodate for them at least.

Acorn

Yeah, basically. I don't think he'll ever get rid of those weird moments in the same way Djokovic is probably never going to overcome his slow starts, but Murray's learnt to accommodate for them at least.

Lendl deserves all the credit in that I think. No coach got Murrays talent to overcome that quirk until he got lendl.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's why I'm a little sad Rafa went out so early. Rafa-Murray matches at Wimbledon were the classic example of Murray doing well until he hit the lull and then self-destructing dramatically. I really wanted to see a post-Lendl match between the two.

Acorn

It's why I'm a little sad Rafa went out so early. Rafa-Murray matches at Wimbledon were the classic example of Murray doing well until he hit the lull and then self-destructing dramatically. I really wanted to see a post-Lendl match between the two.

We'll no doubt get that in the next few years. No match will ever come close to Nadal v Federer all night epic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom