• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sloane is very reminiscent of Gael Monfils in that she's an incredible athlete but has no defined gameplan. Hence her terrible record against top players. At least Gael goes for ridiculous shots for entertainment value of the crowd.

Yeah, agreed. She needs better tactical coaching.

They are, but they should be there for the rare occasion a player genuinely need medical attention. Now, toilet breaks are a cancer that should be eliminated pronto.

when majority of injury breaks are timed perfectly to ruin the rythem for the other player, just shows that they should be banned. I also agree with you on toilet breaks, get rid of that shit too in best out of 3 set matches. 5 set matches its ok, if they are taken between sets. I also am a strong beliver of playing best out of 3 set in 1st week of grandslams and have second week with best out of 5 sets.

They also need to ban ultra large racquet heads in that case. It's just getting ridiculous. Like the R&A in golf the ATP/WTA needs to step in and stop the technological advancements and make the sport purer.

szaromir

Banned
Bartoli's road to the final:
Svitolina-McHale-Giorgi-Knapp-Stephens-Flipkens
Depressing, hopefully she won't win the final, she doesn't deserve it with such a cakewalk draw
when majority of injury breaks are timed perfectly to ruin the rythem for the other player, just shows that they should be banned.
I understand your objections, still better that than some players trying to force playing with genuine injury without medical attention. Players also need to be taught how to maintain focus when the opponent takes a tactical time-out, that's all.

TrueBlue

Bartoli's road to the final:
Svitolina-McHale-Giorgi-Knapp-Stephens-Flipkens
Depressing, hopefully she won't win the final, she doesn't deserve it with such a cakewalk draw.

She can only beat what's in front of her. If she is the last one standing, then she deserves it.

Hige

I'm anticipating the day when Bartoli smacks a ball boy with all those practice swings she does between points. So annoying to watch.

szaromir

Banned
She can only beat what's in front of her. If she is the last one standing, then she deserves it.
Yes. Still the semifinalists in the top half have had much tougher draw and are playing on higher level, I'm hoping either one is going to take it.

Yup. I'm hoping for Lisicki personally. I think Radwanska would find it tough.
Radwanska is 7-0 vs Bartoli. I doubt she'd let her win in a slam final.

Saty

3 of these are up and coming players which many believe have a great career in front of them. And Stephens was in the SF of the AO.

In the long run, no one remembers or cares which players you beat to take a grand slam. Anyone remembers Sharapova's when she won the FO last year?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, you have to feel for Radwanska there. That was such a bullshit break.

Let me get this straight, according to Chris Evert, Radwanska's strengths are:
- Return of return of service
- Lob
- "absorbing power"
- placement of her 90 mph first serve

How is she top 4?!?! Do 5-300 really suck that much in the WTA?

edit: My bad, she did also mention Radwanska's ability to run for any ball

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
- Lob
- "absorbing power"

Evert missed Radwanska's ridiculous movement, fetching, and shot selection.

caesar

Banned
- Lob
- "absorbing power"

edit: My bad, she did also mention Radwanska's ability to run for any ball

She's never won a slam for a reason, Azarenka is world #2 and has never won a slam either. Kinda bad I guess.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Radwanska plays smart tennis, which is enough to get you pretty far when large sections of the WTA are just erratic ballbashers.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Such a conflicting game for me. I want both Lisicki and Radwanska to win xD

Yeah. That can be nice though - whoever wins, we win.

EDIT: Radwanska just won a power rally lolwut

lol it's getting annoying how Evert insists on saying "radwanska" instead of "radvanska" especially when Fowler keeps saying the correct pronunciation

Good match so far, looks like Lisicki is opening it up though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the netcord is deciding the vast majority of this match. I swear it's decided like half of all the important points so far.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully this match goes to 3. Don't mind who wins as long as they fight for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom