• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

agrajag

Banned
I'm conflicted. I don't want Djokovic to ever catch up to Fed's slam record, but I cannot root for that unlikable Scottish pusher. Ugh.

szaromir

Banned
Same, people expect the crowd to be normal and not get behind our player. Fuck right off I don't watch much Tennis atall but come the fuck on.
Wimbledon just wants to create the reputation that its fanbase is all about tennis regardless of players' origins. But in reality they're cheering for the local player as much or even more than French Open and definitely much much more than US Open.

MIMIC

Banned
DISQUALIFY MURRAY, FINE & BAN HIM

j/k

edit: Well at least the WB crowd knows enough about tennis to know that JJ is at an advantage, lol

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I like JJ, but Murray's in the right here. -shrugs-

kmag

Joke decision. There's at least another 40 minutes of light, the game could be over by then. Why stop for 20 minutes until you absolutely need to?

Withnail

Murray deserves his reputation for being whiny but he's right about the roof. This is bull and I doubt it would be happening now if Jancowicz hadn't been lobbying for it.

mclem

Can see fair arguments both ways. It will look farcical if the match ends in a situation where it's still sufficiently light, though.

Saty

Why? There's still light. And Murray has momentum. Though both players have a point.

Yes, Andy has momentum, exactly. Do you think he would have acted so fiercely about closing the roof if he was 2-1 down?

The issue isn't if there's sufficient light or not. I can't imagine any other player in the top10 throwing a fit about the decision. Just accept it and move on, you're in the lead.

Nevasleep

Doesn't TV sometimes make it seem lighter than it actually is. Although the commentators don't seem to think so yet.

He's like a toddler in a supermarket :p

LuuKyK

Yeah, it does seem like a dumb decision, but JJ has been talking about it since mid-third set. I think the organization couldnt simply ignore it fearing people would say they are favoring Andy if he ended up winning...

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Not judging by his reaction to the news.

these wounds won't seem to heal

yrsfQDi.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray is a fucking dill hole. Why shouldn't they close the roof now instead of halfway into 4th set?

Because Wimbledon is an outdoor tournament that should be played outdoors. As much of it as can feasibly be completed outdoors, should be. The roof should only be used to prevent even longer delays (ie, rain or when matches would run late).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom