• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 / RT |OT|

PG2G

Gnlsol0.jpg

What on earth am I looking at here? 4 app snap on a super wide screen monitor?

PC Settings is a full up app right now though, not an overlay. And the resize bar indicates a snapped app.

Yup, you are totally right. Forgot PC settings is a full app.

I'm pretty jazzed about this Blue update, hope features don't get left out of RT.

derFeef

Welp, somethings really wrong. I can't access my user account settings etc. It just ignores the input ... virus should not be the probem.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Everything always seems easier to implement from the outside ;-)

I work in software. I can completely sympathize. My company's marketing and sales department keep agreeing to accelerated schedules on multiple projects when the R&D staffing and budgeting simply does not exist in the slightest sense to support it.

At one point I remember hearing that we had a meeting with Microsoft and MS said that they didn't expect Windows 8 to be huge with enterprise. But don't worry you all will get there.
If you could just go ahead and come in on Saturday...mmm...yeahhhh

That 4way modern snap is scary. But maybe with the right app design and experience it will make sense.

Is this OS gonna catch on with the populace at large? Cause it seems like its a lost cause with all those "power users" in that other thread :( I really hate all the fud surrounding this OS

Jzero

Is this OS gonna catch on with the populace at large? Cause it seems like its a lost cause with all those power users in that other thread :( I really hate all the fud surrounding this OS
Eventually, just wait a few months. Just remember a lot of people hated XP at first.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
A lot of nice improvements. Being able to keep Metro apps open on different monitors and not have them close when you open the Start screen is a big one for me.

One thing I'd love to see is being able to customize your tiles natively.

So I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this here but...

Are there any legal ways to get Windows 8 cheap? I upgraded my Windows 7 Laptop to Windows 8 back when it was still cheap, and now I have a new Windows 7 Desktop, but I'm just way too used to Windows 8 to enjoy using Windows 7. I want to upgrade my Desktop to Windows 8 as well but don't want to pay $100+, and the promotion to buy it for $40 is gone.

Are there any stores selling Windows 8 for cheap, or have it on sale?

glaurung

Quick question: when the next iteration of Windows 8 or Blue or whatever it is called hits, will it be a free upgrade for the suckers who bought Win8 at launch (i.e. me) or will I have to pay for it?

Seeing the overall profitability of Win8, I think they're going to sell it for stupid prices.

Whogie

Can't say for sure because I think Microsoft is still denying Blue's existence, but I'm confident it'll be free like a service pack.

Top Bottom