• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 / RT |OT|

i had issues with acer but they had most of the important drivers ready. just have a flash drive handy. manufacturer probably got a win8 driver ready if the previous windows version doesn't work.

Dude, same here!

My acer Timeline M5 was having a seizure when I tried to do an upgrade, did a clean install instead and just downloaded the drivers, much better now. Thankfully I backed up my media and whatnot

I couldn't even install the drivers when I did the original upgrade, not sure why

kharma45

i had issues with acer but they had most of the important drivers ready. just have a flash drive handy. manufacturer probably got a win8 driver ready if the previous windows version doesn't work.

Checking on Dell's website they don't have a single driver for my laptop (Dell Studio 1558) but then again it'll be three years old in the spring so I'm not surprised.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

Quick

Banned
Anybody else (in Canada?) getting the TSN app to work? I figured I'd try it out, and I'm stuck on the splash screen. Live tiles seem to be working for it, but not anything else.

Renji_11

My Windows 8 pro update has failed to install twice :( not sure what's wrong but at least it's restores Windows 7 back to the previous state.

Is netflix working for anyone?

Works for me. It did required a update, because the initial version didn't.

Oh, and it requires your display drivers to be certified. That means no beta drivers from nvidia for instance(at least when i update to a beta driver it stopped working until e revert back)

tfur

Man this is really jarring at first.

I installed into a VM without a key, how do I add an updated key. I have software assurance keys for enterprise 8. Not seeing the "change key" feature of Win7.

Enco

Is there a way to subscribe to calendars using the calendar app?

I tried adding it to my live account but it doesn't show up in the calendar app. Maybe I have to wait for it to refresh?

bob page

Is there a way to subscribe to calendars using the calendar app?

I tried adding it to my live account but it doesn't show up in the calendar app. Maybe I have to wait for it to refresh?

I have my Google account added and can see all my subscribed calendars through there.

dorkimoe

I'm undecided, but I may order the 70$ upgrade disc just to have it for when I'm ready since I assume the price will go up on that?

Don't feel like fighting with drivers and all that, and want to make sure all my games are compatible

edit: Unless the download gives you a cd key + an installer, then i would just keep that on a disc somewhere or backup hd

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
You have to scroll alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way to the right

Still not seeing anything, maybe because I'm in Canada? No idea.

Zeppu

So, I was on the 8 RP, and I got the upgrade tool.

Next, next, next, address, CC number, here's your serial. It's downloaded everything, I'm burning to USB and it's ready to upgrade.

That was easy...I didn't even have to put in my previous licence.

€30 for W8 Pro without even need a previous licence. Whaaat?

My start screen so far.

start.jpg

Also I'm glad Xbox Music pulled in all my Zune Pass stuff.

How do some people have heading for their start screen? I want "Home" and "Entertainment" too.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
How do some people have heading for their start screen? I want "Home" and "Entertainment" too.

Zoom out on the start screen, right click a column and name it.

Edit: Listening to Verge cast and Nilay basically implies that Office is on the outs, :lol

derExperte

So, I was on the 8 RP, and I got the upgrade tool.

Next, next, next, address, CC number, here's your serial. It's downloaded everything, I'm burning to USB and it's ready to upgrade.

That was easy...I didn't even have to put in my previous licence.

€30 for W8 Pro without even need a previous licence. Whaaat?

Is your W8 pro activated?

Go to startscreen, click on the minus in the bottom right corner, right click on one of the groups, click name group.

Top Bottom