• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 / RT |OT|

Tenck

Welp, this is eating up a lot of time

iApzgV82hcTV0.jpg

Show all bookmarks > Import and Backup > Backup

Then import it. If you're just doing an in place upgrade it should all be retained though.

Get a load of this guy with Halo Custom Edition :p

Is the modding community still at work?

jersoc

well damnit. i didn't realize the account info you login into was tied for xbox user name. so i used my gmail account and now i can't figure out how to use my main xbox 360 name :|

any hope here?

MrBig

Get a load of this guy with Halo Custom Edition :p

Is the modding community still at work?

There are still a few guys around from Halomods/Modacity but you could hardly say they're actually still doing work. The last thing I did was some texture work a few years ago on a map with Higuy, who recently released a custom campaign mission, which is why I dug that out to install it again.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Welp, this is eating up a lot of time

iApzgV82hcTV0.jpg

Show all bookmarks > Import and Backup > Backup

Then import it. If you're just doing an in place upgrade it should all be retained though.
OK, how did you achieve this? Do those actually start the games?

I tried OblyTile but it did not work (just a blank square was produced).

xbhaskarx

So I miss having an icon in the bottom left that takes me straight to the desktop (minimizing multiple windows at once), is there any way to get that back?

Probably mentioned several times already...but as a tablet operating system, what do people find to be wrong with Windows RT?

Compared to iOS? Compared to Android JB?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So I miss having an icon in the bottom left that takes me straight to the desktop (minimizing multiple windows at once), is there any way to get that back?

Left-click in the bottom right corner.

Is it possible to do a complete fresh install from the files you get with the upgrade deal?

Yes, it will give you the option to format the drive before installing.

Ydahs

Has anyone here refreshed their computer? If so, how painless is it?

Thinking of doing so myself after experiencing some issues recently.

Exuro

How do I disable password login after waking up from sleep? I have it set up so when it starts up it goes straight to the start menu but I still have to type it in after waking it up.

Dunlop

learned the hard way after doing my office icons that if you switch over to another browser as the default it will kill those icons (office 2013), putting IE back as default restores them

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
WTB tile for Control Panel

..also syntax on how to launch it via shortcut :p

It's still easiest to get to it by right-clicking in the lower left corner.

the notification still shows up over games. and i can easily go read it and come back. feels good. Gonna test other games and see.

EDIT: nvm. it was just the shitty wizardry online game that lets me. GW2 is a no go D:

strata8

How do I disable password login after waking up from sleep? I have it set up so when it starts up it goes straight to the start menu but I still have to type it in after waking it up.

PC settings > Users > 'Change' under 'Any user who has a password.. blah blah blah'

Dunlop

Is there anyway to get a clock on a tile? Just noticed there is no easy way to tell the time without going back to the desktop.

Weird that it is not on the calander tile

xJavonta

Banned
Is Chrome in Windows 8 laggy as fuck fr anyone else? It was so bad that it froze my computer and I had to restart it by actually holding down the power button on my desktop.

Exuro

Is Chrome in Windows 8 laggy as fuck fr anyone else? It was so bad that it froze my computer and I had to restart it by actually holding down the power button on my desktop.
Very yes. Haven't had it freeze but it's really slow compared to everything else I use. Don't think its a chrome on win 8 thing but gifs sometimes like to hang the browser for seconds.

I would try out IE but their text is really jagged and plain looks bad compared to chrome, not to mention all my settings/extensions I have with chrome..

xJavonta

Banned
nope. runs normal here for me.
It's so weird. I don't want to switch to FF because my bookmars are synced with my phone and iPad but Chrome is unusable on my desktop now. Does it matter that I have extensions installed?

Very yes. Haven't had it freeze but it's really slow compared to everything else I use. Don't think its a chrome on win 8 thing but gifs sometimes like to hang the browser for seconds.
Chrome has always had a gif problem but it's unusable for me. Freezes my computer to a halt. No BSOD but just a frozen screen.

Edit: Okay, runs fine in desktop mode. But Windows UI mode is just terribad.

Top Bottom