• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

JaggedSac

Another Photos update was downloaded and finally, the album I created on OneDrive is showing up on the phone. Only complaint I had left with that app.

Edit: Actually, scratch that, the live tile still isn't working.

Also, has WP always had the capability to print stuff on networked printers?

hankster

ATT/MS took Update 2 Denim off the recovery tool. WPCentral 830 forums are desperately trying to share the 2gb file to load up in the recovery tool.
I followed the instructions in a thread in the Lumia 830 forums (on when will 830 get Denim) and now my 830 has Denim. Lumia Camera 5 works now. I have LIVING IMAGES. Waiting for backup to restore Netflix and try that next.

Some hope restored, but 10/06 still better be a grand slam.

hwalker84

I was all in on the iPhone for my birthday Friday. Fortunately for Microsoft my contract doesn't end till a few days after there October event.

im so excited for the October event. I basically want all of the rumored devices if they turn out good. a good looking Microsoft band would be incredible

Another Photos update was downloaded and finally, the album I created on OneDrive is showing up on the phone. Only complaint I had left with that app.

Edit: Actually, scratch that, the live tile still isn't working.

Also, has WP always had the capability to print stuff on networked printers?

Mine updated too, but the onedrive albums still won't appear :(

Also, what? you can actually print from the phone? how?

I was actually looking forward to iOS 9, because I thought the video pop-out was really cool.

Only to find out that it's not supported on my iPad 4. What a load of bullshit. Shit like this is why I'd never get an iPhone.

JaggedSac

Mine updated too, but the onedrive albums still won't appear :(

Also, what? you can actually print from the phone? how?

I found out when I was fooling with the photos in the album. If you long press on a photo(not in the list view) it brings up a print option, you click it and it tries to discover networked printers.

Edit: Word has the option in the hamburger menu too.

I found out when I was fooling with the photos in the album. If you long press on a photo(not in the list view) it brings up a print option, you click it and it tries to discover networked printers.

Edit: Word has the option in the hamburger menu too.

I find it the photos app (it still not picking up my albums, though they appeared in the desktop app), but the printer dialog crashes before i'm able to do anything.

JaggedSac

I find it the photos app (it still not picking up my albums, though they appeared in the desktop app), but the printer dialog crashes before i'm able to do anything.

Lol, you can't catch a break.

Looks like they made their print to pdf functionality available on the phone.

Raide

Have we got a pretty much stable running for Win 10 Mobile yet? I have it on my main PC and Tablet but not sure about letting it run loose on my 930 yet. :D

Lol, you can't catch a break.

Looks like they made their print to pdf functionality available on the phone.
I know! And I already hard reset this phone, not doing it again so soon XD

But it's just print to pdf? My wireless printer can be added even to winrt devices, it should be supported on the phone too, right?

joshschw

But it's just print to pdf? My wireless printer can be added even to winrt devices, it should be supported on the phone too, right?

I hope they expand the compatible printers. I saw a little table once in regards to printer support.

Obviously they have all sorts of driver support on ARM since, like you said, they ork on WinRT devices...

My Xerox does not show up on phone.

JaggedSac

No, it will print to a networked printer. I just don't have one.

MS sent that Ahmed lad a bunch of goodies...

CPRiTo2VEAEnU7v.jpg

No Lumia as far as I can make out. I guess he's been through enough recently.

JaggedSac

Where do you find printers to connect too?
I looked but could not find anything although I saw print as an option in photos but it just opened the windows print icon and disappeared.

It should have went farther and went to the print screen. It attempts to find a printer. There is a drop down to select printer or print to pdf. I don't know if there is a way to get to printer stuff without first attempting to print something.

rolled back my 830 to 8.1 to get update 2. after spending a couple weeks with the W10 preview on phone and my new acer switch 10 with W10 i think i can say i like the touch experience of both 8.1 phone and tablet better than W10 phone and tablet. W10 in desktop mode with a keyboard is better than 8.1 though.

anyone else agree?

joshschw

rolled back my 830 to 8.1 to get update 2. after spending a couple weeks with the W10 preview on phone and my new acer switch 10 with W10 i think i can say i like the touch experience of both 8.1 phone and tablet better than W10 phone and tablet. W10 in desktop mode with a keyboard is better than 8.1 though.

anyone else agree?

My 8 inch tablet os not having anything to do with windows10!

What part of the phone OSes makes you prefer 8.1?

Klocker

It should have went farther and went to the print screen. It attempts to find a printer. There is a drop down to select printer or print to pdf. I don't know if there is a way to get to printer stuff without first attempting to print something.

thanks

it finally went further but could not find printer

pretty cool, was hoping for this feature

hankster

I was actually looking forward to iOS 9, because I thought the video pop-out was really cool.

Only to find out that it's not supported on my iPad 4. What a load of bullshit. Shit like this is why I'd never get an iPhone.

Did you see how the keyboard shows case now on iOS 9? It's not YELLING AT YOU ALL THE TIME? Or did that happen on 8 and I just now noticed it...

Magic

Genius

Beautiful

AboutFreakingTime

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Looks chunky, big bezel, it only looks good compared to the band 1. Wearables are better looking now, I don't think this keeps pace, but we will see once we get hands on.

That's awesome. I really hope carriers have some Lumia/Band bundles.

Fitbit/Lumia 830 bundle at ATT sold really really poorly and the limited bundle didn't even cost more than the phone by itself.

Gonna be really interesting to see what approach MS takes this time, marketing wise.

The Band 2 itself looks good. Pretty much addresses most of the concerns of the first Band. Hope the final product is a bit thinner overall. If the Band 2 has its own internal memory to play about 120 mins of music without needing the phone nearby I'd probably buy it.

joshschw

Decided to try 10536 on my 1520. Working pretty well so far.

Messaging app and photos app are the biggest negatives right now. Edge has some usage issues. Particularly related to the back button and new tabs. Also need to change the tabs button in the address bar to Favorites.

Camera has improved speed because it only saves a full res version I assume. Whatever the reason it is good.

People hub facebook integration looks nicer but it's much slower.

watching the Jack Ryan movie and a Lumia is product placed. those placement in movies did absolutely nothing.

BTW, Lumia Camera 5 on my 830 is legit. If only the 1020 had that software and performance.

Yeah it even makes pictures that I've taken in the past look more detailed (at least on my phone screen). Too bad Living Images and Lumia Camera 5 didn't launch with the 830.

Top Bottom