• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

José Mourinho;179501648 said:
Does anybody know if music on OneDrive can be streamed via Groove for Android and iOS?

Thinking about switching to Android or iOS, huh?

Don't worry, Microsoft got you covered.

Which devices can I use to play my OneDrive music content?

You can play OneDrive music on the following devices:

• Windows 8.1 computer or tablet
  • Windows Phone 8.1 (using the Music app)
  • Xbox One or Xbox 360 console
  • iOS and Android devices
  • Through a web browser on the Xbox Music website

I know that when the feature was released, it was a "Windows" exclusive.
I thought so too, but I had a look around there and it seems you can stream on the other platforms now also.

Edit:

Thinking about switching to Android or iOS, huh?

Don't worry, Microsoft got you covered.

Which devices can I use to play my OneDrive music content?

You can play OneDrive music on the following devices:

• Windows 8.1 computer or tablet
  • Windows Phone 8.1 (using the Music app)
  • Xbox One or Xbox 360 console
  • iOS and Android devices
  • Through a web browser on the Xbox Music website
I have a 6S ordered and it should be here on Friday.

NeOak

José Mourinho;179512307 said:
So excited for the authentic and fully realised Microsoft app experience.
Definitely.

If I want to write something on OneNote with a Stylus on a phone I need Android >.>

Paganmoon

Those have to be placeholder prices. They can't for real want to charge the same as the iphone for the new lumias, they're not that fucking dumb.

maeh2k

Like I said in the event thread, dead on arrival.

It's DOA no matter how they price it. Carriers aren't going to aggressively push it, since it says neither Apple nor Samsung on the box. Consumers aren't going to suddenly clamor for a Windows Phone. Developers aren't going to port their app and support three platforms no matter how easy it gets to port an app.

At this point, keeping Windows Phone alive only serves the purpose of not having to admit that everything Microsoft has done since Windows 7 was a giant waste of time.

It's DOA no matter how they price it. Carriers aren't going to aggressively push it, since it says neither Apple nor Samsung on the box. Consumers aren't going to suddenly clamor for a Windows Phone. Developers aren't going to port their app and support three platforms no matter how easy it gets to port an app.

At this point, keeping Windows Phone alive only serves the purpose of not having to admit that everything Microsoft has done since Windows 7 was a giant waste of time.

Yeah, we get it. That doesn't mean they should make it harder for the few people who actually want to buy the phones. Should the phones really be this expensive, I can't see any reason for that.

JaggedSac

Yeah, we get it. That doesn't mean they should make it harder for the few people who actually want to buy the phones. Should the phones really be this expensive, I can't see any reason for that.

Agreed. I thought this was why they went with plastic. But if they are including 200 Euro worth of accessories, maybe you can buy a version without all that.

I really don't think they would be funding my team if they thought wp is on life support.

That being said, the rumors and supposed-leaks seem to indicate a strategy that is eyebrow raising. I'm waiting till the event for judgment--but I can easily see why bodies are jumping from the ship.

joshschw

I'm not expecting bargain prices but there's little chance that pricing is legit. It would sell poorly and they simply wouldn't bother.

Microsoft knows how to make money.

joshschw

Especially in hardware, as we've seen the last couple of years.

Haha, I assume they make money on all the Lumia 630's and Surface. They also make money on 360 and definitely Xbox one.

So they've had blunders but they've been doing not so bad of late.

Who will buy those phones for those prices?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever I get is going to be on contract. Hopefully I won't have to shell out $400 still like i would for the iPhone 6S 16GB.

Haha, I assume they make money on all the Lumia 630's and Surface. They also make money on 360 and definitely Xbox one.

So they've had blunders but they've been doing not so bad of late.

Who will buy those phones for those prices?

They don't make any money with phones and from Surface we only ever hear how much revenue it generates, but not how much profit and how many units they sell. It if was good, they'd share the numbers.

NeOak

Jesus Christ.

Microsoft has been getting most of its sales from Telefonica here after it basically abandoned the contractless market. Those listings are suicide.

They are going to sell negative units until they drop the price like an anvil.

Inb4 these make the Fire Phone look like something successful.

MCD

Not surprised by the prices. MS love their premium pricing.

Won't bother with the 950 till I see it in a shop sometime in 2016.

joshschw

I'd say it's finally stable, just not optimized.

Yeah, I've no real issues. It's smooth, runs well (some apps are slower than 8.1), and the biggest issues to me are Photos app sucking, Messaging app being flaky, Edge needing more UI/settings refinement (that tabs button kills me - I need favorites button)

And as I learned today, it drains twice as much battery!!

(as before, impressions only on 1520)

personally I would love if we enable developer mode if we could alter things like HOSTS file.

Top Bottom