• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Use the recovery tool, it'll put you back on 8.1 and it will work.

I was in a rush this morning but the phone couldn't be detected when I tried that. Plugging it in also means it turns on and starts the cog crap again which seems to be a problem lol. It worked fine on the previous build but the phone was in a normal state that time (just the preparing to update part failed)

Trying to get hold of a laptop at work to try it again.

Edit: hurrar, its back.

hadareud

The Translator
I don't notice much of a difference between the new build at the last one (it was already working well for me). Maybe it's a bit faster, but it's difficult to tell.

Hope that battery life is improved though, that was the only issue I had with the previous build.

So should power the difference between the 950 and 950xl make much of a difference in regards to continuum? That's a big selling point for me but since at the moment it can only run Windows store apps I'm thinking the processing power difference will not be very appreciable.

derFeef

Sadly I had to cancel my preorder due to private financial spending. Maybe the 950 becomes available at Hutchinson here in Austria in December/January with a nice deal - they said they would get it, just not when. Oh well.

so i upgrade to the new build cuz i read linked inboxes was back but now i hear it was removed for the new build. damn you MS.

the new build is pretty nice though on my att 830. really impressed with the upgrade process. seems it keeps more of my settings and passwords better than any previous build did. whatapp, for example, didn't require a sign in and authentication.

NeOak

So for those who moved to Android, how do I move my contacts from my WP to Android? o.o

My Priv arrives today

So for those who moved to Android, how do I move my contacts from my WP to Android? o.o

My Priv arrives today

Set up a Google account on your phone and it should sync the contacts to your Google account. Once you did that, use the same account on your Perv.

Nero3000

Any UK Gaffers thinking of attending the 950/XL launch in London (soho)? (if you buy on the day you get the dock and a year of O365P in the box)

I registered, let's see if I get selected.

NeOak

Do you have calendar sync on?

Alternatively, you can go to gmail.com, go to settings, "Accounts and import" and import from your Hotmail/Outlook account.

Yeah, they have it on. And the other you mean getting the csv?

I'll just readd the account tbh then.

Tried to find somehwere in Belfast to try a Band 2 tonight with no luck. Only wearable I could find were Fitbits and they were all sealed. Got to love the high street...

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I still don't have all my contacts, I've always had a terrible time getting all my contacts on Android devices. Unless you use gmail for all your contacts, its a crapshoot. I always lose something. Then I use a windows phone and all my contacts are there, including gmail ones. Ugh.

joshschw

I still don't have all my contacts, I've always had a terrible time getting all my contacts on Android devices. Unless you use gmail for all your contacts, its a crapshoot. I always lose something. Then I use a windows phone and all my contacts are there, including gmail ones. Ugh.

Trust me. Considering the number of people I've been asked to help with this even WITH gmail contacts is absurd.

It's like... such a basic thing but iOS and Android are absolutely terrible with it.

-----

I was able to get into the Lumia settings app with SysApp Pusher from store and just opening it via store. Thank goodness. Disabled Glance and sunlight mode, and fixed my color settings on my 1520.

NeOak

What are you even talking about?

His Priv, I think?

Yes, my Priv.

Come on, no one would actually buy that.

I did :(

Trying Android makes me appreciate Windows Phone so much more.

Van, how did you manage to not go crazy?

kharma45

José Mourinho;186086462 said:
Tried to find somehwere in Belfast to try a Band 2 tonight with no luck. Only wearable I could find were Fitbits and they were all sealed. Got to love the high street...

Really? I can see stock with Argos.

3E3wFNs.jpg

toff74

Any UK Gaffers thinking of attending the 950/XL launch in London (soho)? (if you buy on the day you get the dock and a year of O365P in the box)

I registered, let's see if I get selected.

Hello..

I put my name down for the Soho event with the other option being an O2 store as i think it's the only one I'll be able to get a 950xl.

Fingers crossed I get picked and may see you there.. Good luck!

Just got my phone, setting it up now :)

The display is extremely sharp, I'm impressed. I'm upgrading from a Lumia Icon.

I will say the phone doesn't feel as premium as the Icon but I love how light it is.

Edit, nevermind, the contacts were transferred automatically :)

Just got my phone, setting it up now :)

The display is extremely sharp, I'm impressed. I'm upgrading from a Lumia Icon.

I will say the phone doesn't feel as premium as the Icon but I love how light it is.

Edit, nevermind, the contacts were transferred automatically :)
What country are you in? Where did you purchase from? XL? Thanks!

So I added Skype to my messaging and noticed my messaging app crashing. Pretty embarrassing if this happens with the new flagships.

Still dont like how I can't change Edge to where my favorites icon replaces the tabs icon. As it is I need 2-3 presses to get to favorites.

When are reviews supposed to be coming out? I would have assumed they'd be out by now since consumers are getting their devices. I can't help but wonder if the embargo hasn't been lifted because they're worried about the whole "Flagship with incomplete OS" deal that reviewers might heavily point out.

ty_hot

updated my 640, got the restart-all-the-time-bug. now trying to use the recovery tool.

damn, I had far less problems when I used alpha/beta builds on Cyanogenmod. How can MS do this?

the best thing is I am travelling tomorrow morning, just wanted to update the phone hoping that as the release date is today (tomorrow?) this release would be safe... now I will spend long hours resetting the phone, going to 8.1, then updating to 10 again.... and hoping that now things will work out. thanks microsoft again. you are awesome.

edit. got 8.1 installed, now it cant find win10 to update. win10 already didnt feel like 2015, now I am back to 2013. greeeaattttt

Top Bottom