• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

derFeef

Yeah, my stand by battery usage was good last night. Went to bed at 51% and woke up at 49%. I'll see how it goes for the next few days, but so far it seems good.

I also dropped the display scaling down to 300% on my XL and I like that it changes the formatting on some of the apps. Most notably in Messaging, where now you can switch between contact threads without backing out in portrait mode. Not a huge deal, when messaging more than one person it's nice to be able to switch conversations without hitting back every other message.

~9 hours later and I am at 75% - sporadic use.
I don't feel a "drain" so far but let's test it further.

Paganmoon

from 22:00 last night, to right now (18:45), at 35%, Twitter, some browsing, about an hour of Spotify, 1 map in Lara Croft Go. Seems about average usage, same as before the update imo.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Some pictures of a canceled Lumia (650 or 850 or whatever).

P846Tqj.jpg

796ExdB.jpg

eyDwQfQ.jpg

dqS6mLE.jpg

Still looks more premium than the flagships.

Snapdragon 617
2 GB RAM
1080p panel

I guess no one wanted that, so they canceled it.

Better looking than the 950.

That's how lame things are.

Paganmoon

It's okay. Fitbit has entered month 3 now of not syncing. It's all over their forums and they've done absolutely nothing. Definitely want to get a Band now...

Apparently they've sent out replacement Charge HR's to people (which have in turn also failed to sync).

Mine started working again after a factory reset (and re-setup with my phone), then stopped working 2 days later again, with showing the wrong time and so on. Done another factory reset now, and it's working again, we'll see how long.

joshschw

Apparently they've sent out replacement Charge HR's to people (which have in turn also failed to sync).

Mine started working again after a factory reset (and re-setup with my phone), then stopped working 2 days later again, with showing the wrong time and so on. Done another factory reset now, and it's working again, we'll see how long.

Ha! I am on my THIRD Charge HR from them.

My sister and father are pleased with their free Charge HR's, but I'm still really ticked off. These things cost a fortune for what you get and the support is the worst I have even seen from a company.

Paganmoon

Ha! I am on my THIRD Charge HR from them.

My sister and father are pleased with their free Charge HR's, but I'm still really ticked off. These things cost a fortune for what you get and the support is the worst I have even seen from a company.

they don't want the old one back?? How cheap are these things to manufacture?

joshschw

they don't want the old one back?? How cheap are these things to manufacture?

Nope, they don't want it back. Heck, I could have another one on my way in an hour if I wanted. Think about it like this, you can get the same functionality out of a Chinese tracker, with obviously very lacking software etc... for about $20...

These things cost $150

Paganmoon

Nope, they don't want it back. Heck, I could have another one on my way in an hour if I wanted. Think about it like this, you can get the same functionality out of a Chinese tracker, with obviously very lacking software etc... for about $20...

These things cost $150

Man, I thought the HR tracking would've made them more expensive to manufacture, but I guess not. I feel a bit of a fool now for getting it... damn it. Should've just paid double and imported a Band 2 instead.

I guess now that Microsoft bought SwiftKey, I won't need to wait for the Wordflow keyboard port anymore.

e: Now that I got over it, I have to say that I still want the WP keyboard. The prediction in SwiftKey can be scary-good and the fact that you can use multiple languages at the same time, without switching, is fantastic. But the feeling and feedback (the sound!) of Wordflow has yet to be matched.

It feels like a massive waste of money and I have no idea why they'd pay 250 million dollars when they have their own keyboard that is one of if not the best mobile keyboard around.

It feels like a massive waste of money and I have no idea why they'd pay 250 million dollars when they have their own keyboard that is one of if not the best mobile keyboard around.

Read the article that I didn't link in here, but only in the Android thread for some reason.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f86534c6-..._links/rss/companies_technology/feed//product

They're mostly interested in the prediction A.I., which turns out to be really excellent for me. Now, the prediction on Windows Phone has also been really good, but you can imagine how much better it can get with the enormous user base they have on Android, compared to Windows Phone. Heck, they didn't even port the Windows Phone keyboard to the desktop, for whatever reason.

joshschw

Man, I thought the HR tracking would've made them more expensive to manufacture, but I guess not. I feel a bit of a fool now for getting it... damn it. Should've just paid double and imported a Band 2 instead.

Yes, I'm very upset at the purchase...

Have you tried on an iPhone?

I don't know if you were referencing it but Fitbit's latest tech support says to try using an iPhone or android phone instead.........!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hotel and train tickets booked and paid for. I'm ready for the MWC, baby. Wooho!

On more radical news, PaulyT is even testier than the usual:

GSV8CA8.png

ElNino

Battery is at 86% after 7 hours with the new fast ring build, I hope it stays this good. Had a few random reboots yesterday tho
Battery life (on stand by at least) has been really good on the latest build. I did have my first random reboot since owning the phone though today. Hopefully not a pattern.

Top Bottom