• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Also the list of Apps no longer has the option to push a letter to go different letters, have they removed that function in the refresh or is it now an option that I have to enable?

You need to install a certain number of apps for that to appear, I think.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I don't really need any of the new features. It's frick'n hella faster though. Like waaayy faster in terms of grabbing tweets and scrolling and stuff.

It still has an issue where coming back into the tweet column from a browser link (and even the settings) creates lag, stutter, and even momentary lock-ups where you can't scroll, but I think I read somewhere else that this is an OS issue with WP7 where lists like that scroll horribly when you "re-hydrate" an app on standby.

Also, I can finally open up external links without having to tap an extra time because of the "save for later" option, which you can disable. The option may have been there before, but I'm glad cause it was annoying.

Commodore

I'm to dashing for him not too. :p

Btw Mehdoh 2.0 is out. Go update people!

Excellent! Took it for a spin, nice little UI tweeks, streaming option is a new thing I've never seen before. I'd only use that if I had my phone plugged in, gotta be killer on the battery. Going to use it throughout the day, I wanna see if it can track my feed as well as twabbit. I still like the little link window pivot, still wish it was bigger. Still think Carbon's pictures within the twitter feed are the best. Also, didn't mehdoh used to have Read it Later support? Now its just Instapaper and Pocket?? Oh, just googled it, Read it Later is now Pocket. There's one way to find out about that.

MCD

Speaking of Nokia's cameras, my Lumia 800 camera flash stopped working for god knows why.

I'm hoping it will fix itself with a firmware update and if not, fuck it.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
For Mother's Day, I got my wife a pair of Nokia Purity headphones to go with her Lumia 900 (which incredibly doesn't come with any headphones). It's hard enough finding a headphone that can answer calls, pause/play and do volume control for Windows Phone, even harder to find one that matches the gorgeous cyan.

Anyway, she loves the headphones. Sound quality is better than the pack-in headphones we've owned before (Samsung, Apple, LG, etc.) which isn't hard to beat, but I really haven't tried any $100 plus headphones before, so I have nothing to compare to.

I took some pics in bad lighting that I had to touch up before posting, here they are:

WP_000529.jpg

WP_000530.jpg

kehs

Banned
For Mother's Day, I got my wife a pair of Nokia Purity headphones to go with her Lumia 900 (which incredibly doesn't come with any headphones). It's hard enough finding a headphone that can answer calls, pause/play and do volume control for Windows Phone, even harder to find one that matches the gorgeous cyan.

Anyway, she loves the headphones. Sound quality is better than the pack-in headphones we've owned before (Samsung, Apple, LG, etc.) which isn't hard to beat, but I really haven't tried any $100 plus headphones before, so I have nothing to compare to.

I took some pics in bad lighting that I had to touch up before posting, here they are:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a25/VanMardigan/WP_000529.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a25/VanMardigan/WP_000530.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Are those flat cords better than round cords? As in, are they manageable. All I can imagine is a twisted seatbealt and how much that annoys me, lol.

Should've bought her better music first.

I'm kidding, they look really great with the 900.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I've got the purity headphones too, Im not a massive fan of in ear but they are pretty good, flat cord helps a lot with tangles.

The volume/call control dongle is comically oversized though, especially considering the mic isn't in it.

Commodore

I can't get over how much I love that cyan color on that phone, and the matching headphones somehow enhances it.

Side note, just popped in a new Samsung OEM battery bought on eBay for my Focus that was supposedly compatible with it. Charging now, has a low battery sign, will see if it works. #fingerscrossed

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
OK, thanks for the Nokia apps recc. They are perfect. I am traveling to Canada tomorrow and the Drive app is just what I needed, last time I did it the Maps app on my Focus simply quit when I crossed the border. Wouldn't even keep the turn by turn text for me to read.

Also, I JUST realized I now have visual vociemail, the only iPhone feature I actually missed. Super happy with this thing.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
OK, thanks for the Nokia apps recc. They are perfect. I am traveling to Canada tomorrow and the Drive app is just what I needed, last time I did it the Maps app on my Focus simply quit when I crossed the border. Wouldn't even keep the turn by turn text for me to read.

Also, I JUST realized I now have visual vociemail, the only iPhone feature I actually missed. Super happy with this thing.
gratz. also welcome to the land of bagged milk and superior beings, enjoy your stay.

Troll

Banned

I really want nokia maps. :(

bangai-o

Banned
i have a question about documents. can i open a skydrive word document, edit it, and save as, compose an email and attach that file and send?

Troll

Banned
i have a question about documents. can i open a skydrive word document, edit it, and save as, compose an email and attach that file and send?

I don't think so. The only way to really share the document from what I can tell is with the hyperlink to your skydrive, not as an attachment.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
You can definitely email out your SkyDrive documents. On the document itself, press the ellipsis and then "share". SkyDrive document integration in the Office Hub is one of the most underrated parts of this OS.

Edit: to answer the original question, you can do everything you asked about except you'd change the order to do the attaching first, then compose the email, since once you start an email, the only thing you can attach are pics.

CaptainABAB

This is what you have to do:
1. Open a file on Skydrive or create a new one
2. Save As, except this time, select your phone as the destination (not Skydrive)
3. Share the doc and select your email account. It will attach the document to the email.

When you share a skydrive file, it puts a link instead of a copy of the file. This is why you need to perform the extra step of saving it to the phone (if you want attachments and not links.)

Also, you cannot attach files from within the email apps, only pictures. The work-around is to share when you are in the file.

Milchjon

Does anyone have an idea why I can't download Nokia Reading? When I use a Marketplace link from wmpoweruser, it shows up with a German description, but I can't download it. All the blogs say it should be available in Germany.

zedge

just because the Yukon went ndp doesn't mean your point becomes valid >_> only like 1 person lives there.

73 Conservatives voted into parliament in Ontario, more the all the west combined. What exactly is your point? ONES! people in a democracy voted for one party over another.. the horror.

Anyway, this is way of topic now, but you brought it up.

Sorry all.

You silly Canadian people should hug each other and make up. Smoked by Windows Phone is coming to your country as well! Now you can exchange your rotten berries for a shiny Windows Phone too!

@BenThePCGuy: #smokedbywindowsphone is coming to Canada! Follow @SmokedByWPCA for updates on the action and info on where the challenge will be next.

But

But

Apollo!!!

Nobody cares about Apollo anymore, it failed.

Firestorm

You silly Canadian people should hug each other and make up. Smoked by Windows Phone is coming to your country as well! Now you can exchange your rotten berries for a shiny Windows Phone too!

Nobody cares about Apollo anymore, it failed.
Pretty sure they aren't doing the free phone thing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom