• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastmen

Banned
So my epic 4g has been screwing up. It lasts like 6 hours of being in standby and mabye an hour of surfing the web along with it randomly not responding to any commands and needing a battery pull. Sprint told me it be $150 under insurance to replace it. So i grabbed a htc arrive on ebay .

Any advice on what apps i should grab off the bat or anything for someone coming over from andriod.

venne

So my epic 4g has been screwing up. It lasts like 6 hours of being in standby and mabye an hour of surfing the web along with it randomly not responding to any commands and needing a battery pull. Sprint told me it be $150 under insurance to replace it. So i grabbed a htc arrive on ebay .

Any advice on what apps i should grab off the bat or anything for someone coming over from andriod.

Wordament

Husker86

Did they raise insurance deductible? It has been $100 for a while.

Korey

Does anyone use the GroupMe app?

For some reason I don't get notifications. For you to get notifications from an app, it has to be in the "background tasks" list right? I don't see it in there, nor is it in the list when i hit advanced.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Pure View

Must have feature, imo.

If no Apollo devices have a real pure view camera (not just pure view branding), I'm getting an 808 for my wife.

So good.

I'll say this. The Camera might be the #1 distinguishing feature for me in what phone I purchase next. Whomever has the best camera out of the WP8 devices on AT&T will probably be the phone I chose.

PG2G

For you to get notifications from an app, it has to be in the "background tasks" list right? I don't see it in there, nor is it in the list when i hit advanced.

Nah, push notifications dont need a background task. Notifications on WP in are one of the platforms weak points, hopefully it will gry addressed in wp8

hwalker84

Pure View

Must have feature, imo.

If no Apollo devices have a real pure view camera (not just pure view branding), I'm getting an 808 for my wife.

So good.

I don't care about the added bulk that camera tech is amazing. Also the slept on thing with the 808 is the sound tech in it. Give me both with WP8 and I'm buying off contract.

Vanillalite

Good apps for Pandora?

I downloaded Radio Controlled, but it doesn't work well (stops playing randomly).

Download Last.FM instead....

MS paid Last.FM so it's fully featured and totally free on WP. Full artist radio + no ads because MS fit the bill for us all.

Commodore

Operation install a new $10 battery in my first generation Focus was a success. Time since last charge before new battery? Roughly 5 hours of moderate use. Time since last charge with new battery? 15 hours. Definitely a worthy investment.

Operation install a new $10 battery in my first generation Focus was a success. Time since last charge before new battery? Roughly 5 hours of moderate use. Time since last charge with new battery? 15 hours. Definitely a worthy investment.

iNAYt6BLzv56g.gif

Milchjon

I'm surprised that the Facebook app is still getting terrible reviews on the marketplace. I thought it got much better?

It's much improved but still slow, crashing pretty often, and lacking functionality. I shouldn't be forced to use the web app for crucial stuff like deleting my stupid comments.

It's much improved but still slow, crashing pretty often, and lacking functionality. I shouldn't be forced to use the web app for crucial stuff like deleting my stupid comments.

It's been a month since the huge 2.5 update was announced.

• Threaded messaging - Full Facebook threaded messaging including group messaging, all in a beautiful Metro style design.
  • Tagging - Now you can tag friends and locations in your posts in the ‘with’ and ‘at’ format.
  • Delete posts and comments - Use the tap and hold context menu to delete posts and comments from your wall.
  • Active links in posts - Tap on links in posts to go directly to the content.
  • Updates to the photo comments and likes page - The photo comments and likes page has been updated to match the posts comments and likes page. You can see a hint of the image at the top of the page, pull down and you can see the whole thing.
  • And finally, by popular demand...you can now ‘like’ comments!

And there's still nothing.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

Gimme a link, I need a new battery too.

I have a theory that Samsung batteries wear out much quicker than other OEM batteries. The Focus S got rave reviews for battery life, and I do remember my battery life being really good at first, but now I have to charge up twice a day. I leave work with a full charge and am almost dead in the morning with mostly sleep in between.

Fjolle

Whoa. There's under a month till that event now. Are you hyped yet?

Still no official words on when 7.5 refresh is comint to my lumia. I guess that the rumors were right and it's sometime in june :(

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

My body is ready. I'm also prepared to spew vile venom towards MS when they confirm that my less than one year old phone isn't getting Apollo. It'll be toxic enough that I'll probably get a two week ban. Sorry guys, it has to be done.

I'm more scared than hyped. I know it's a different team, but seeing how the Windows team slaughtered my holy cow Metro, I'm really not that hyped about it. Will I buy it anyways? Probably. Am I going to do unpaid overtime on my PR job? Definitely not.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So MS will shoot first? I want to see how apple freshens up ios (lol) or how google plans to make android entirely coherent and smooth (double lol) before Apollo just so I can size them all up.

No, Apple shoots first (June 11) next MS (June 20-21) and then Google (June 28).

Although I doubt Google will showcase 5.0 when ICS has barely shipped.

kharma45

No, Apple shoots first (June 11) than MS (June 20-21) and then Google (June 28).

That's not Google's fault really, the source code for it was released back in November and it's up to the OEMs to get it out there on their devices.

Android 5 will be shown I've no doubt of that and will be penciled in for an autumn release date.

That's not Google's fault really, the source code for it was released back in November and it's up to the OEMs to get it out there on their devices.

Android 5 will be shown I've no doubt of that and will be penciled in for an autumn release date.
Just wouldn't sit right with me.

PG2G

I believe ICS was talked about a little in the summer with the more detailed information coming with the Nexus announcement in fall. Wouldn't be surprised to see the same this year.

Vanillalite

Gimme a link, I need a new battery too.

I have a theory that Samsung batteries wear out much quicker than other OEM batteries. The Focus S got rave reviews for battery life, and I do remember my battery life being really good at first, but now I have to charge up twice a day. I leave work with a full charge and am almost dead in the morning with mostly sleep in between.

Interesting because just this morning I was thinking how my battery isn't bad, but it does seem to drain faster than when I 1st got my focus. I had like 80%+ at my GFs last night and killed it moderately listening to music over wifi with the screen off in like an hour. That seemed a little TOO fast.

PS: My body is ready for all of the crazy stuff in June. MS/Apple/Google conferences + E3 = HAWT!!

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
My body is ready. I'm also prepared to spew vile venom towards MS when they confirm that my less than one year old phone isn't getting Apollo. It'll be toxic enough that I'll probably get a two week ban. Sorry guys, it has to be done.
your not gonna get banned in this thread. infact you can say as much shit as you want in this thread. unless someone rats you out.
If you think this is going to happen you're a fool. Quote me on this.
Quote for the lols that are gonna happen.
So MS will shoot first? I want to see how apple freshens up ios (lol) or how google plans to make android entirely coherent and smooth (double lol) before Apollo just so I can size them all up.
Next iphone will be magical, you can qoute me on that and Jelly bean.
No, Apple shoots first (June 11) next MS (June 20-21) and then Google (June 28).

you jelly bean?
Don't forget Computex with the Windows 8 RP release.
theres nothing left to see. its a metro mess, but i just care about the hardware.

gcubed

Its cute that people think how smooth an OS is matters in any realistic sense. if you run iOS on anything but the latest hardware its jittery all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom