• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven 8 packshot (big picture)

Solid

8853.jpg

Fowler

Ack, I'm an idiot, that's not France -- that's the SPANISH league that's officially licensed! Awesome!

cja

BB Unit will almost certainly be used just to update rosters, not play online.

I thought I'd be overjoyed by Konami getting their licensing act together but I'm not. Being able to play Serie A, La Liga, Spanish second division and Dutch league is nice and all but my selfish priorities were online play and English leagues. A bit miffed with the financial trouble the Football League is in that Konami haven't been able to at least get the rights to the Coca-Cola Championship.

Nice to have two of the best three leagues in Europe licensed but Konami, if the licenses don't change for PES, still don't have any of the three biggest European markets covered.

Deepthroat said:
I so want to play La Liga!

"I hate u konami"

Hate yourself for not buying a PS2 or Xbox.

Well considering that this isnt an online title there is no excuse to not develop for ALL 3......and its even more stupid if you consider that Konami threw 2 ISS versions for the console.....

Bluemercury said:
Well considering that this isnt an online title there is no excuse to not develop for ALL 3......and its even more stupid if you consider that Konami threw 2 ISS versions for the console.....

It's not that stupid when you consider how they've sold. Combined, ISS2 and WE6 on the GC have sold 11k. I don't know about ISS3 as Shrine of Data doesn't even have it tracked which likely means it did under 2k which is the lowest selling tracked game there.

Well ISS sold crap on all consoles at least never seen too much about sales of ISS, besides do you really believe WE6FE on gc would sell well after the PS2 had been around for so much time?but im talking about the Pal versions......Europe is the continent of football not japan.....

Isn't the GC more popular in Japan than in Europe? Konami seems to be testing the series on the GC and Xbox in territories that they're most popular (also territories that soccer is popular in). So for the GC they chose a Japan only release, and for Xbox it'll get a Europe only release.

Socreges

Banned
Awesome.
Bluemercury said:
I was reading this post and IMMEDIATELY thought: cue SSx - the fucker NEVER posts in these threads unless its to defend Konami in some way.. good God.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Nice to see Zico's big fat head on the cover yet again. Maybe he might inherit the EA Sports disease and coach Japan to a royal flushing in World Cup group stage.

I'll still buy both JP and EU versions anyway :D

Top Bottom