• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord was in development for about 8 years

BigBeauford

8 years down the drain. I want to see it flop harder than anything has flopped before. When you even give a robot pronouns, you can fuck right off into the dumpster where you belong.
Actually a Dumpster is part of the planned DLC.

9136x5.jpg

Umm, like four couple years?
I think he was being sarcastic at how the game was pitched so that it got greenlit for development, not the actual time it took to get developed.

Edit: We need a "Pitch Meeting" video game edition for when shit like this gets made.

Last edited:

sachos

I always feel bad reading about devs spending so much time in GaaS games with the odds heavily against their favor. Didnt Rocksteady develop the Arkham trilogy in similar amount of time? In 8 years Fromsoft did DeS, DS1, DS2, BB, DS3. Its insane.

Hudo

I think the attacks on Concord's design is also an attack on Resetera member's IRL appearance.
Good. Fuck them all.

People are free to choose to make themselves look however they want. As long as they don't bother others by imposing upon them rules that you have to think certain ways about it etc. And that's what these mentally ill people do. Trying to bother other people with their shit. And that's where I draw the line.
As soon as you start to bother people with your shit, you can get fucked. They all need to get BTFO'd hard. They speak about tolerance and whatnot. But these people themselves are the most intolerant pieces of shit I have ever seen.

Killjoy-NL

Good. Fuck them all.

People are free to choose to make themselves look however they want. As long as they don't bother others by imposing upon them rules that you have to think certain ways about it etc. And that's what these mentally ill people do. Trying to bother other people with their shit. And that's where I draw the line.
As soon as you start to bother people with your shit, you can get fucked. They all need to get BTFO'd hard. They speak about tolerance and whatnot. But these people themselves are the most intolerant pieces of shit I have ever seen.
This.

But on the flip-side, anti-Woke isn't much better.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good. Fuck them all.

Yup.

It doesn't matter if it's religion, personal political agendas or some crazy sports nut who worships his fav team more than his own family.

If a rabid sports fan is going around the office telling the entire floor his team is the best, every other team sucks, he wears a jersey and baseball cap at work, and tries to spin his team into his work, everyone would tell him to fucking knock it off. But if a hardcore religious or personal agenda weirdo does the same, somehow it's supposed to be tolerated.

Figure that one out.

It's really all the same shit. Hardcore views that can piss off or poison a family or company. Yet some is tolerated and some isnt.

People just need to courage to tell people to fuck off right to their face.

Last edited:

Perrott

The one thing you never do is believe top executive. Here is an exhibit for you out of video game industry.

phil-spencer.gif
Dude, this is not debatable.

I'm pointing out how the MAN THAT FOUNDED THE STUDIO THAT MADE CONCORD has said repeteadly that the company was founded six years ago.

How can the game have been in development for eight years then? Explain that with actual proof of it, not just the word of, again, a random artist who wasn't even a founding member of the company and only came on board one whole year after its establishment.

Cliff Bleszinski could tell you that Gears of War came out two decades ago, an in the context of a casual conversation that could sound about right to you, but if we're talking facts like we're doing here, you'd rapidly see that such thing is not possible, because Gears of War actually came out in 2006, 18 years ago.

That's everything that I'm arguing here.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Full release is in a couple hours, then we’ll see the numbers again.

Get your bets in now: will Concord top 2000 concurrent players this weekend? (It maxed out at 2,388 during the free open beta)

BlackTron

The thread on Resetera is hilarious with glorious pearls like
The secret true answer is that the majority of people driving the hatred against this game can intuit its self-evident high quality and for whatever reason feel personally threatened by it. That their identities are tied up into something that this game is perceived to be threating to somehow. Because why else would there be such visceral negativity unless people feel personally attacked?

This the language they understand because the reason they are so negative about everything is as a response to "feeling attacked".

They can't imagine being negative about something because it's actually shit, that would require some independent thought.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
There's just no way this is real.
her official twitter account, ofc all her tweets are hidden but u can see her description/job, it even has "prof" (aka professor pronoun) in there, just click on it rofl ;D

That is what was making concord for 8 long fricken years, and making sure it is what it is today :p
Not even ur bottom dwelling programist who is just told to do his/hers damn job no questions asked, but person in power that decides about direction of the game, with such ppl at the head ofc game had to end up miserable- some1 had to promote her/agree with her train of thoughts, hell even encourage it ffs :messenger_confounded:
Another proof of total insanity and mental disorder, she calls herself prof in there
People for sure called them Prof

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
100% found the professor here amongst us

Been here since 2020 has 18 posts 17 of which defending Concord and 1 recently sprinkled in on the Monke game.
I bet they anticipated Concord to be a PS5 launch window title. Firewalk’s astroturf marketing department made their accounts in mid 2020 then just sat around collecting paychecks for 4 years while waiting for the game to be finished.

This.

But on the flip-side, anti-Woke isn't much better.
It is so much better. The only way to get rid of bad ideas like wokism is to stand up against them, in public, using logic and reason. And if you can inject humor into it then you're all the more effective. The woke folks have done nothing but cause harm and destroy lives. They deserve to be ridiculed and shamed to the point where nobody considers an ideology based so purely on hatred and envy ever again.

So they spent 8 years, which translates to how much $ exactly? But of course Sony had no expectations that this game would be a hit or anything like that, so no one can claim it underachieved.

Killjoy-NL

It is so much better. The only way to get rid of bad ideas like wokism is to stand up against them, in public, using logic and reason. And if you can inject humor into it then you're all the more effective. The woke folks have done nothing but cause harm and destroy lives. They deserve to be ridiculed and shamed to the point where nobody considers an ideology based so purely on hatred and envy ever again.
Sounds exactly like Woke and Cancel Culture.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

The difference is anti-woke doesn't have the government and giant media apparatus carrying and supporting their messages.
Doesn't really matter though, it's effectively the same.

I also think it's part of what resulted in the backlash.
It's just being accepted because the majority agrees with it in this case.

BigBeauford

Doesn't really matter though, it's effectively the same.

I also think it's part of what resulted in the backlash.
It's just being accepted because the majority agrees with it in this case.
It makes a huge difference. We've sat by for the better part of a decade and let men's hobbies, escapism, and media be completely overrun by these people. You don't see us doing the opposite, and I'm just over it, whether it's board games, toys, television and movies, hell even the NFL and NBA is chock full of this nonsense.

Killjoy-NL

It makes a huge difference. We've sat by for the better part of a decade and let men's hobbies, escapism, and media be completely overrun by these people. You don't see us doing the opposite, and I'm just over it, whether it's board games, toys, television and movies, hell even the NFL and NBA is chock full of this nonsense.
So am I.

But your entire logic is exactly the same as that of Woke/Cancel Culture, just the exact opposite.
It's weird that you don't even realize it if you would take a good look at your own comments.

But I'll leave it at that.

Just 47 minutes left. So sit back and enjoy the shitshow that's about to hit Playstation and Steam.✌🏾

dottme

over 4000 viewers on twitch yesterday - and the game is not even out
:)
I see 10000 views. Ok, all the top streams are sponsored. I’m really interested to see where things are going because the marketing budget of this game is insane compare to the quality.

MiguelItUp

What's funny is that you don't even actually notice them in character select, unless you deliberately pay attention it.
Yeah, it's the smallest bit of text. Does it need to be there? No, but should that small text really affect the game THAT much? IMO, no, not at all. I know that kind of thing REALLY bothers some people, and it just makes me feel bad for them. Also makes me feel bad for people on "the other side" of it getting just as wrapped up on other things for different reasons.

I think the biggest issue I have is with the character designs themselves. I've repeated it so many times here, so I hate to be echoing, but the characters just feel so thrown together and lifeless to me. When you play the game the abilities and stuff they have also don't really feel that... fitting to me either. As if it was an after thought.

Playing the open beta, a lot of it "felt" good, and better than I thought it would. But there is so much about the game that feels like it may miss the mark for a lot of people. The price, the content, etc. Sure, they'll add more, but it's wild to be paying for a game like this when you can play a number of F2P games with more content right now that do it better than what they're doing here.

This COULD be another success story like Warframe and the like if they play their cards right, regardless of how people feel about it. But it all depends.

Right now it's at 86% on Steam with 107 reviews, that's not awful. It will be interesting to watch.

MiguelItUp

I glanced at CohhCarnage's stream, and he's been playing it this morning with DansGaming. I happened to catch him saying...

"I was hoping the game would be something that would reinvent the hero shooter wheel, but this isn't that. I think it's good, and it feels nice, it's just more of the same. I loved Overwatch when it first came out, and now I'm just waiting for the next hero shooter that's gonna be the next big thing. But this isn't that. If you want more of a hero shooter and one that feels good/great in some areas, this could be that for you. It's just... safe and more of the same."

That sounds about right from what I played in the open beta and gathered. I just have absolutely no idea how or why this wasn't F2P. I don't get it.

Also kudos to him for saying that during a sponsored steam, lmao.

Last edited:

Pop

Biggest news is this taking 8 years.

What in the world. A lot of wasted dev money. Seems to be the norm in the industry

Top Bottom