• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Champions League.

Socreges

Banned
Srider said:
Socreges,

Your PM box is full so I'm posting this here now. I'll be on AIM so im me if you see this before that time. I'll just hang out until you see this, or if I'm not on AIM, that means I'm logged on and waiting in lobby5. I didn't realize you sent your pm at 6 in the morning haha.
Busy night. ;)

I'm heading online right now.

Irish, how about 1:30?

Srider

Banned
Socreges said:
Blah, I just missed you, Srider. I shall wait.

Good game, I wish I had played better.

My defense can't get out of the slump. Ferdinand's mistakes has contributed to 5 goals in the last 4 games. Your dribbling is inspiring though, my best hope is only to tie it up, but none of my strikers can hit an open goal lately... I need to shoot more, giving up chances all over the place... good luck in the playoffs.

bionic77

FMT by any chance are you using a Comcast net connection? They are truly ass when it comes to Winning Eleven. We just found out what happens when you combine two crappy connections. In a game of lag, disconnects, and poor ping for the ages it was truly a slideshow at times. We got disconnected after the first half and continued with another half again to finish. Once again I wondered if the outcome might have been different if we were playing offline. Oh well, I guess that is part of the online experience but those Comcast commercials are starting to make me angry now.

GG FMT (bad connection).

Socreges

Banned
Astro/Fifty, I just got a pm from Irish and it looks like we won't be able to fit our game in today. Unfortunately he was on vacation or something, I couldnt play yesterday, and today by the time he gets home I'll have left home myself. We wish for an extension and will play asap.

Btw, guys, I have a HUGE soccer game today against the #1 ranked team (we have games in hand) that may decide promotion. Wish me luck!

Fifty

Socreges said:
Astro/Fifty, I just got a pm from Irish and it looks like we won't be able to fit our game in today. Unfortunately he was on vacation or something, I couldnt play yesterday, and today by the time he gets home I'll have left home myself. We wish for an extension and will play asap.

Alright.
don't tell astro I granted an extension!

(Sad face)

Just got absolutely embarrased by Larry Bird's Inter Milan.

And even worse, got stopped with a golden opportunity to steal 3 points at the very end of the first game of our double header. :(

Socreges, i'll be around all night and all day tomorrow.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Fifty said:
Sure, I'll come on. Our games have always been quality.

I think you whooped me in the tourny but the few have been good. The game last night I gave up on a play cause it was offsides...apparently I was wrong.

Today I ended up chasing snowflakes twice :lol I swear it was the ball! Thakfully it didn't result in a goal. Good game though. First time I've played in the snow - pretty fun stuff.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FINAL SCHEDULES ARE POSTED- We posted them 5 days early b/c a couple people are starting to slack and we need ALL GAMES PLAYED so this will give folks more time, the chance to play back-to-back and just a lot of games at once. Here are the deadlines:

ALL DEADLINES FINAL (if you do not play the games in time, you will never be allowed into any league fifty or I are running, including WE season 2, and you will forever be known as a worthless bastard not even capable of playing an hour of WE a week that you committed to):

Games 7-9: Wednesday March 22 @ 11PM EST
Games 10-12: Sunday, March 25 @ 11PM EST
Games 13-15: Sunday, April 2 @ 11PM EST

Also I'm through wasting time PMing people; play your fucking games you 3-4 constant slackers, as tough as your schedule may be (though apparently not tough enough to stop you from signing up in the first place), it ain't making my life any easier to co-run the league, create schedules, and constantly look up missing games and tell people to play their games.

That aside, the league has been great so far and almost everyone has done a very good job playing their games. We'll be taking sign-ups for Season 2 soon so keep your eye on this thread as we'll link to the Season 2 sign-up thread in here when it's up.

http://sefskillz.com/gaf-we9/standings.php

Daigoro

i habe some time this evening if anyone wants to get in one of our games.

PM me mang.

Beatbox said:
Today I ended up chasing snowflakes twice :lol I swear it was the ball! Thakfully it didn't result in a goal. Good game though. First time I've played in the snow - pretty fun stuff.

:lol

bionic77

Beatbox said:

I played a snow game online too. That stuff is confusing, it isn't just you. They should use a yellow ball for snow games.

And the race for the playoffs in Conference II is pretty close all around. Looks like a lot of the seedings could come down to the wire.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
bionic77 said:
And the race for the playoffs in Conference II is pretty close all around. Looks like a lot of the seedings could come down to the wire.
Yea, I had a great game with FMT yesterday to take 2nd in division d. Good times; we may have the worst division but we're gonna have the best race!

bionic77

sefskillz said:
Yea, I had a great game with FMT yesterday to take 2nd in division d. Good times; we may have the worst division but we're gonna have the best race!

Worst division nothing. We aren't going to be the Turkey of this league. Division D is going to take this thing!

Socreges

Banned
Ooh, my final three games are against Division D opponents!

Miguel, FMT, and Rorschach -- any of you around to play right now? Or Daigoro/shoplifter? Otherwise, hopefully I can arrange games for thursday with some of you. I'll be available between 4:30-7:30pm PST and then 10-12 PST.

shoplifter

Socreges said:
Or Daigoro/shoplifter? Otherwise, hopefully I can arrange games for thursday with some of you.

considering i'm at work, chances are slim. thursday will work fine for me, hopefully between 730-10est.

\/\/ perfect, i'll outlook appt it to myself now.

Socreges

Banned
IrishIcon's connection cut out during our game and we replayed the remaining twenty minutes afterwards to a draw. I don't like it (especially since the 2nd half before had periods where the game would pause and then the ball would appear downfield 10 secs later, same with the extra 20), but I unfortunately didnt have time for a rematch today. Also, we dont know what the stats are. What happens?

Fifty

Any of my division homeys want to throw down tonight? Unlike Socreges, my final 3 games are very tough, and relevant as they are all divisional games. I'll be free at 10 eastern onward....post here or PM me before that and hopefully one of you can play me (huka, larry, irish)

Fifty said:
Any of my division homeys want to throw down tonight? Unlike Socreges, my final 3 games are very tough, and relevant as they are all divisional games. I'll be free at 10 eastern onward....post here or PM me before that and hopefully one of you can play me (huka, larry, irish)

Yeah Fifty I'll probably be on later tonight. Hopefully your vengeance will be thwarted. :)

garrickk

shoplifter said:
considering i'm at work, chances are slim. thursday will work fine for me, hopefully between 730-10est.

\/\/ perfect, i'll outlook appt it to myself now.
Tell me what time you'd like to play our match Thursday night. I can make any time in that range.

bionic77

FMT and Miguel, can you guys play tommorrow night?

I am on my apartment connection FMT so lets see if we can play a full match without getting disconnected.

Miguel

bionic77 said:
FMT and Miguel, can you guys play tommorrow night?

I am on my apartment connection FMT so lets see if we can play a full match without getting disconnected.

I can play tonight after midnight CT, wednesday after midnight CT, thursday after midnight CT, and all day Friday.

Daigoro

you around late night on Tue or Wed Socreges? otherwise we might not be able to get our game in until Sunday (the deadline). let me know what your week looks like. PM or post.

Kpop! you around? havent heard from you since our game was scheduled. PM on its way.

Fifty

Irish Icon said:
Traffic....

I'm on right now.

Darn. I'm playing Huka at 11 eastern, maybe you can play after. I know it's not your fault you were late but I've been burned from waiting around in the past before so I didn't want to just sit there for 30 minutes.

Just in case anyone I have matches with pms me - I'm going to be away with no internet connection for the next few days (until sat. night), but I will be back home with access to a ps2 by sunday evening.

i want to apologize to osorio. me tying that game was possibly the biggest bullshit ive ever witnessed in a sports game :lol

again, i apologize, i had no business being anywhere near tying that game. gg anyhow

Osorio

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i want to apologize to osorio. me tying that game was possibly the biggest bullshit ive ever witnessed in a sports game :lol

again, i apologize, i had no business being anywhere near tying that game. gg anyhow
Nah you got those goals for a reason. The first one was pretty weird, congrats on getting a strike that far. The second one was totally my fault. I let your wingers get open space all game, and I didn't think much of it until you shot it nicely and hit the post with a guy on your team getting the rebound. GG either way.

Fifty

Oh shit......bad timing :( I literally just started (it's loading now) an exhibition with beatbox....I can play after though, if you can wait like 25-30 mins

garrickk

I'm jumping on now for an hour or so. Fifty (or Beat), if you see this tell Beat to play me after your game.

If you have an upcoming match against me and can jump on, great. I have a few matches scheduled for next few days but maybe some of you are free now.

Fifty

Dammit! Sometimes I really, really hate random conditions. When Ronaldo's grey I pretty much have no chance of winning as my offense revolves around him and there's no Cassano on this roster. (raul can't create chances and robinho can't finish) Oh well....Good job Irish, you probably should have won even with Ronaldo there since you hit two posts. You can now steal the first round bye from me :( I'm so bitter, so very bitter

Hey Fifty, great game all around....Just intense stuff. Hopefully we'll see eachother in the knockout stage. I've been killed by the random conditions as well, seeing as how Juninho's status pretty much dictates how I can play every aspect of the game.

When he's hurting my midfield is a mess, as was the case when Garrick (Villareal) just dominated me for a half and I couldn't even get the ball.

GGs tonight guys. Guess that about wraps up the season for me. This is probably the most fun Ive had with an online sports game. Just want to say thanks to AL, Fifty and sef for putting it together and keeping things running smooth. Cheers.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
GG Osorio, recap below.

PSV-Newcastle said:
The division rivals played a very fast-paced match, with several opportunities and close shots for both sides. Kieron Dyer, Alan Shearer, and Michael Owen set the pace for the Magpies while DeMarcus Beasley and Jan Vennegoor fronted the PSV attack. After several close opportunities in a torrid first half, Shearer knocked in a 23m free kick, but Vennegoor had a slick breakaway goal. Shearer netted the winner with a nice move to get off a clean shot. With all the action, the fans left the game quite content.

This is probably the most fun Ive had with an online sports game.

Ditto to that statement! :D

Fifty

Yeah we had a good bunch of games today (Conference 1 did at least! The golden conference) Good progress and the playoff races are very tight. I'm done so I'll just sit back and watch people usurp me.. This game is so astoundingly addictive online. Every game is so different, and that's what makes it better than everything else out there.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Hey Rors, looks like your box filled up... let me know if we can do our games tonight; I'm almost alwas around from 8est to 11est on weeknights.

bionic77

Miguel said:
I can play tonight after midnight CT, wednesday after midnight CT, thursday after midnight CT, and all day Friday.

Looks like we will be playing on the weekend sometime. I can't stay up that late.

I will pm FMT and see if he can play tonight or tommorrow night.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Garrickk, can you play our game tonight (Wed.)?

Also here's the current Conference I Playoff Picture (no accuracy guaranteed):
http://sefskillz.com/gaf-we9/standings.php

Division A Bye-
If Irish beats FMT or Jelly, Lyon gets the bye through points. If he ties both, he also get the bye by virtue of the h2h tiebreaker vs. fifty. If Irish ties & loses or loses both games, fifty gets the bye via points.

Division B Bye-
Clinched by me by virtue of head-to-head tiebreaker over Hayami.

Conference I last playoff spot:

If LB wins either of his last two games or ties both, Inter is guaranteed the last playoff spot. If he loses both, then it appears that everyone left in the conference has a chance (remember tiebreakers are h2h then goal differential then playoff).

Not going to do Conference II right now as there's just too many games left to be played so it's still wide-open (literally every team is still mathematically in it)

Top Bottom