• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Champions League.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
i can't score for anything, haha. first shot off the post and all downhill from there. so much for keeper of the year!

bionic77

sefskillz said:
i can't score for anything, haha. first shot off the post and all downhill from there. so much for keeper of the year!

You were shooting too much from the edge. It is pretty hard to get a good scoring angle from the edge. It is so much easier to score from the center. And if you cross the ball quickly you can usually catch the goalie cheating on the other side for a easy goal.

I agree that your goalie should be removed from consideration for goalie of the year after he let that one goal go between his friggin legs!

sefskillz

bionic77 said:
You were shooting too much from the edge. It is pretty hard to get a good scoring angle from the edge. It is so much easier to score from the center. And if you cross the ball quickly you can usually catch the goalie cheating on the other side for a easy goal.
ya I'm still learning. I get excited when I'm close the goal and just shoot :)

bionic77

FMT or Hayami, either of you want to get a game in tonight? PM me if you are free.

Edit: And totally offtopic, but the other day I played someone who acted like they were going to pick a weak African nation and then when I picked Cameroon so that we would have equal sides he quickly picked Brazil! So many wankers online. At least everyone in the GAF league has been a class act so far.

shoplifter

Ok, guys if you say you're going to be on at a certain time BE THERE.

This is two nights in a row I've scheduled around playing my games and two no-shows. Don't go get food at 10 minutes before when we're supposed to play, or whatever else. This isn't directed at one person, just in general, I set times because they're the only times that I can play.

Admittedly, I was pmed 10 minutes prior tonight, but at that point I had already logged in and was 100' from my computer since I wolfed my dinner down so I wouldn't be late.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
shoplifter said:
Ok, guys if you say you're going to be on at a certain time BE THERE.

This is two nights in a row I've scheduled around playing my games and two no-shows. Don't go get food at 10 minutes before when we're supposed to play, or whatever else. This isn't directed at one person, just in general, I set times because they're the only times that I can play.

Admittedly, I was pmed 10 minutes prior tonight, but at that point I had already logged in and was 100' from my computer since I wolfed my dinner down so I wouldn't be late.

That sucks man, imo if anyone gets straight stood-up they should PM me or fifty b/c if someone does that more than once they're probably not ready to play in a league.

AstroLad said:
That sucks man, imo if anyone gets straight stood-up they should PM me or fifty b/c if someone does that more than once they're probably not ready to play in a league.

He's talking about me. :) I had a phone call and missed him by 10 or 15 minutes, I apologized. Cest la vie.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
He's talking about me. :) I had a phone call and missed him by 10 or 15 minutes, I apologized. Cest la vie.

nps i'm more talking about if someone does it more than once, everyone has shit come up occasionally of course.

Srider

Banned
I came on aim to check before the match and didn't see you signed in, so I figured you weren't home so I went to get dinner. Sorry about that. I'll just sign on to WE next time instead to check next time.

Hayami

Banned
well bionic, if you're not out working your ass off, let me know when you're available. Udinese is very upset at its second loss and is out for BLOOD!

bionic77

Hayami said:
well bionic, if you're not out working your ass off, let me know when you're available. Udinese is very upset at its second loss and is out for BLOOD!

Hayami I am logging on now and will stick around for the next 15 minutes.

Oh yeah and Stuttgart says BRING IT!

Rorschach

GG beatbox. Sorry about the pauses, but I got an important phone call during the match. Was the connectiobn ok on your end, btw? It was ok on mine. A tiny bit of slow down, but it was rare.

Daigoro

er scratch that. i just rechecked my PM's. looks like i still have a bit of a wait for both of you.

ill be getting in some practice sessions. anyone else around?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
er scratch that. i just rechecked my PM's. looks like i still have a bit of a wait for both of you.

ill be getting in some practice sessions. anyone else around?

I'll hop on, haven't played in a couple days.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
ggs tonight guys.

im done my schedule for the week. wake me when the new one comes out.

Friday! :)

A final reminder to GET THESE GAMES IN BY THURSDAY (also the last time we'll be extending the deadline so long, absent special circumstances the deadline is always Sunday):

FC Barcelona (kpop100) vs. AC Milan (Socreges)
AC Milan (Socreges) vs. FC Lokomotiv Moskva (sefskillz)

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Rorschach said:
GG beatbox. Sorry about the pauses, but I got an important phone call during the match. Was the connectiobn ok on your end, btw? It was ok on mine. A tiny bit of slow down, but it was rare.

Yeah good game - I tried to accomodate with the extra pause for you :) Figured something came up and definitely not a problem.

No lag on this side although there was one or two short segments of slowdown but you still have pretty control then anyways. Good game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'd strongly suggest people getting in touch w/ the following folks via PM and scheduling games 7-9 to be in by the deadline of this Sunday as a few of them haven't been around for a few days:

-Osorio
-kpop
-Socreges

Beatbox said:
Ooops - not used to entereing stats! Let alone a clean sheet!

It was Curci, right? I just figured and entered it for you to check out the Beatbox win on the standings ASAP. :D Here's to Cassano undressing many more times this season!

Socreges

Banned
Since I haven't been playing any games, I've just been using private messages to talk to people that I need to play against. Still alive here. :)

Hey guys,

Been playin WE9 online for a few nights now. (most fun I've had in a while with online games) I'd like to join in on something like this, but my work schedule is changing all the time.

Anywho, my nick is DM_uselink. If you spot me online, I'd like a match (Im most likely to be on at night time (california).

Socreges

Banned
DM_Uselink said:
Hey guys,

Been playin WE9 online for a few nights now. (most fun I've had in a while with online games) I'd like to join in on something like this, but my work schedule is changing all the time.

Anywho, my nick is DM_uselink. If you spot me online, I'd like a match (Im most likely to be on at night time (california).
Cool, I'll keep an eye out for you (GrahamSC).

We'll have another league or world cup after this run is over, so keep checking up.

Rorschach

DM_Uselink said:
Hey guys,

Visit Lobby 5 (the gaf lobby!)

I think i'm gonna try to be on around 10:30 tonight, maybe a bit later. I wont be able to get my games in next week though (no ps2 access from Friday the 17th till Sunday the 26th) so I may fall behind for the week.

Hopefully Kpop gets my message tonight and we can get that one out of the way, and maybe if the schedule comes out tomorrow and someone reading this is on with me we can get that game in tomorrow.

Brofist

Mrjellybeanct said:
I think i'm gonna try to be on around 10:30 tonight, maybe a bit later. I wont be able to get my games in next week though (no ps2 access from Friday the 17th till Sunday the 26th) so I may fall behind for the week.

Hopefully Kpop gets my message tonight and we can get that one out of the way, and maybe if the schedule comes out tomorrow and someone reading this is on with me we can get that game in tomorrow.

got it. i'm around anytime from now

(pops head in)

JUNINHO SAYS:

j.jpg

"Don't even think about fouling me around the box, bitches. Pow."

sefskillz

Socreges said:
I think I'm about to cry, sef. :lol
haha man you got ovchinnikov'd

_38516795_frings300ap.jpg

ovchinnikov_1206.jpg

he had a lot to prove after the match with bionic when he let one go between his legs. you absolutely dominated the field.

03_redcard.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sefskillz said:

he had a lot to prove after the match with bionic when he let one go between his legs. you absolutely dominated the field.

Upset of the Century; I wouldn't want to be the one to play soc next. :p

sefskillz

kpop100 said:
thx man, I'm gonna be the one to play him the next 2 times :p
my suggestion would be to try and bank shots off of defenders foreheads and pray your goalie makes 50 godly maneuvers... it worked for me.

Socreges

Banned
sefskillz said:

ovchinnikov_1206.jpg

03_redcard.jpg
What's funny is that I was actually a little distracted at the beginning by the ponytail, catching it in my eye every so often, wondering who this was that sported such a courageous hair-do. By the end of the match I knew his name. Ovchinnikov. A name I will not soon forget.

sefskillz said:
AC Milan suffered a rare loss at the hands of the Lokomotiv keeper, who stood on his head throughout the match to maintain the clean sheet. Milan dominated possession and shots, but just couldn't get anything past Moskov's keeper, who many questioned after his poor effort against Stuttgart.
:lol

And btw, you forgot a yellow card. Not that it really matters. Can't remember the name...

Socreges

Banned
kpop! Where'd you go!

Hopefully our connection isn't too poor. I'll restart my comp and WE9 once I get in touch with you, try to get optimum results...

You can find me on AIM.

Brofist

Socreges said:
kpop! Where'd you go!

Hopefully our connection isn't too poor. I'll restart my comp and WE9 once I get in touch with you, try to get optimum results...

You can find me on AIM.

going on now

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ggs soc I'll take a victory against you any day even if it means getting throttled the next game. ;)

In other news I played the 6th-ranked person and won a 3-2 game in golden goal OT with Drogba Chelsea-ManU. It's funny, every time I play a top person (this guy had a 64.5 win%, one of the highest I've seen) I expect to just be in total awe but really it's almost always a tight game like any other. There have been a handful of games I've played where I was just thinking WTF in terms of people seemingly being able to score at will but in retrospect it may just have been a couple AI defensive lapses + frustration b/c if this guy is beatable almost anyone is.

And GA competition is definitely up there. I'd say Soc easily ranks at least as good as most of these top guys just by comparison and when fifty is on w/ Real can drive me crazy. :D

Also guys I may be semi-away through the weekend since I've got some friends coming to visit, so run any league matters through fifty.

Top Bottom