• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Champions League.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kpop100 said:
Well took a 4-0 loss to Srider, but first half was completely unplayable (all 4 goals were in the 1st half). 2 seconds between frames, time warping, couldn't see his goals scores until seconds after they were scored. I hate being a bitch though and I know he had a little lag..so be it. But I didn't take stats, I'm not gonna take stats in a game that was unplayable.

Yeah that sucks I've been in games like that. What's brutal is that there's no way to tell someone it's really bad until halftime, and then again we can't just go saying b/c someone has some lag the game should be replayed, you just hope it usually works out OK and if it's a playoff game or something you try to set up something as a "signal" that the lag is too bad to play (imo to be "too bad to play" it has to be what you are describing, not just general lag which I get in basically every game between 2 PM and 3 AM b/c my d/l speed sucks even tho my opponent never gets lag b/c my u/l is killer, haha). If there is an issue with always getting bad lag against one person though we'll have to sort it out (I've certainly had it in games against soc and daigoro randomly but that's b/c my conn. sucks), but I doubt this will be an issue and this was probably just an isolated incident though certainly if anyone gets really bad lag (again 1 FPS, frame-skipping, ball stuttering through the air-level lag) they can post here so we can identify recurring problems.

Also you guys are free to try to replay the game if you both agree but let me know so I can fix the stats accordingly.

btw- sef updated the stats page so it now reflects individual stats and shows pics for the leaders on all stats.

Srider

Banned
Like I've stated before in the online thread, I plug my ps2 directly into my cable modem. I simply don't see how anything on my end can cause lag, aside from me being in the East coast. I wouldn't describe the lag as being 2 frames per second, but more like a fairly consistent stuttering. How is other people's experience with kpop's connection in japan? Also, kpop, if you want to replay it, just let me know.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Srider said:
Like I've stated before in the online thread, I plug my ps2 directly into my cable modem. I simply don't see how anything on my end can cause lag, aside from me being in the East coast. I wouldn't describe the lag as being 2 frames per second, but more like a fairly consistent stuttering. How is other people's experience with kpop's connection in japan? Also, kpop, if you want to replay it, just let me know.

Yeah obviously I'm not talking about ppl. deliberately causing lag (I hope that wouldn't happen here) but just minor recurring problems if they occur in the future so then maybe we can address things like best time for people to play each other etc. if necessary. It is possible though for people to have very different levels of lag, like I played Hayami once and it was less than 1 FPS and he said after the game it was totally smooth on his end. Hopefully this will be a very rare situation, it never came up during the cup and this is the first time its come up here. It's just a random thing, no one is to blame or anything I'm sure all that happened was you guys randomly had a shitty connection. If it happens again maybe kpop will want to run a test game first or something, but it probably won't, what I'm saying is if there is a problem we can work around it I'm sure. If I can do it w/ my awful conn. anyone can. :D

btw good job to you guys that are doing recaps (notice yours Srider, fatigue=lag made me :lol ).

hey wait a second, why am I scheduled to play ororio in the third round?? He isn't in my division.

Astro- check it out. Might have just been a typo?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Irish Icon said:
hey wait a second, why am I scheduled to play ororio in the third round?? He isn't in my division.

Astro- check it out. Might have just been a typo?

b/c the schedule works like this- 2 games against everyone in division, one against everyone in other division in your conference and 2 out of conference games. I would PM Osorio I might ahve missed it but I haven't seen him about in a few.

Daigoro

Srider said:
OK, logging on now.

Socreges, Daigoro, kpop100, Let's get some of our games in.

check your PM's. i wont be available evenings until Sunday. mornings/afternoons are open though and i can meet you if we set somthing up.

AstroLad said:
Can FMT, Daigoro or bionic try to get in touch with Rorschach to schedule your games w/ him in this block? He hasn't posted since he drafted and I'm pretty sure his PM box is full (at least last I checked) so I want to make sure it won't be a problem scheduling games with him.

i got a PM through to him yesterday afternoon as far as i know. hopefully he'll check it.

Good game, huka. You controlled the ball well in the second half, and that one (Gerrard?) shot off the post was unlucky.

Juninho is really deadly is you give him any kind of room. Definitely my best weapon out there.

he has AIM and is in MIRC sometimes. he is having some personal problems right now which i believe is the cause for him not being around much. i'm sure he will show up before the deadline.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
he has AIM and is in MIRC sometimes. he is having some personal problems right now which i believe is the cause for him not being around much. i'm sure he will show up before the deadline.

Ah that sucks. No worries, if he can get his games in on time that's great but also if he needs a few more days or whatever he can just PM me. Like I said it's not a rule that someone just gets booted for not playing games on time as long as I know they actually care to play them. :)

Hey Larry Bird can you submit the Clean Sheet stat for the goalie who got that shutout in your game vs. huka?

Irish Icon said:
Good game, huka. You controlled the ball well in the second half, and that one (Gerrard?) shot off the post was unlucky.

Juninho is really deadly is you give him any kind of room. Definitely my best weapon out there.

GG man. You schooled me pretty bad actually, I couldnt get any flow going. Lyon is not to be slept on folks, speedy little French bastards. ;)

And nice job too Larry. You D'd up nicely in the second, well played.

Damn I got in the hole pretty quick tonight, lol.

rors is one of the most reliable madden league players we've had since the beginning. always plays his games on time and even fills in for people for a few games if needed.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
rors is one of the most reliable madden league players we've had since the beginning. always plays his games on time and even fills in for people for a few games if needed.

Nice.

GG huka. Talk about a defensive struggle. That could have very easily been a 0-0 game.

AstroLad said:
Hey Larry Bird can you submit the Clean Sheet stat for the goalie who got that shutout in your game vs. huka?
done.

garrickk

kpop100 said:
haha.

I'm not taking away from his play. He might be good enough to beat me 4-0 in a regular game. But that was the laggiest game I've played ever, and I've played at least over a 100 online.
You're in Japan, right? Our game together was very, very llaggy - the worst I've played online. The first half was difficult for me.

BTW, I'm in central Illinois (UIUC)

garrickk

I just submitted my results against BeatBox (AS Roma vs Villarreal). Somehow, I screwed up some of the team stats. I'll do better in the future, although, I don't know if I'll win another game...

Anyway, the following should be deleted (if it can):
AS Roma, Shots on Target, 4
Villarreal CT, Total Shots, 54

Sorry for the mistake. The website is looking good. Thanks.

Fifty

garrickk said:
I just submitted my results against BeatBox (AS Roma vs Villarreal). Somehow, I screwed up some of the team stats. I'll do better in the future, although, I don't know if I'll win another game...

All done.....I'm glad you caught it. Tell us like this means it's not a screwup :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
garrickk said:

Yeah it's not a problem at all, if you make a mistake just PM fifty or me.

None of you guys got yellow or red cards in your games?

You guys are softies. ;P

Socreges

Banned
kpop100 said:
Well took a 4-0 loss to Srider, but first half was completely unplayable (all 4 goals were in the 1st half). 2 seconds between frames, time warping, couldn't see his goals scores until seconds after they were scored. I hate being a bitch though and I know he had a little lag..so be it. But I didn't take stats, I'm not gonna take stats in a game that was unplayable.
Ive had one game similar to that... against Srider! :O Conspiracy! ;) Unfortunate coincidence, Im sure.

I wasnt available all day or night. Tomorrow is bad, besides 4-5:30 PST (anyone?). Saturday is worse....

Brofist

I'm not gonna make Srider replay it, it's part of the game I guess and I can't complain being based pretty far from everyone else. Have to catch him in a friendly in the future under better conditions.

I'll be on later tonight my time (morning/afternoon for US time)

Do you guys know if there's a way to turn off auto player switching? It drives me crazy sometimes and I'd rather just switch manually if I could.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Larry Bird said:
Do you guys know if there's a way to turn off auto player switching? It drives me crazy sometimes and I'd rather just switch manually if I could.

That's always irked me as well. In "Player Settings" hit L1 or R1 to change the auto switch frequency. Turn it all the way down to manual and make sure you use X to accept and not triangle to exit without changes.

Beatbox said:
That's always irked me as well. In "Player Settings" hit L1 or R1 to change the auto switch frequency. Turn it all the way down to manual and make sure you use X to accept and not triangle to exit without changes.
Thanks man.

Rorschach

Sorry I hadn't posted in a while, guys. I've been having some personal problems...haven't been online much...hell, haven't been home much for sleep much less videogames. I'm available pretty much all day today unless something comes up. Tomorrow, I'll be available in the morning or in the evening all the way 'till late night. Same with sunday. [edit] Monday I'll be available all day, so get back at me and I'm sure we can set something up.

My aim name is hawakubo and I'm on IRC in #GA.

Sorry, I'm usually very reliable and one of the first people to get his games in. I'm usually on the other end of trying to get a game in (I'm always the one pesetering the other player to get their games in:p).

Btw- if it's not too much trouble, you guys could probably add aim names to the site? It would be good for keeping in touch and getting games in instead of refreshing our pm boxes all day ;)

juninho-62.jpg

juninnnnhooooooooooooooo!

Good game, Osorio. You deserved at least a point out of that one. I couldn't seem to get the ball up to my strikers at all.

p.s. - I can guarantee we'll have some complaining later on in the season with people's star players end up being in poor condition (down arrow) for important games. While I like this now because its a long season and forces players to use different lineups, I had to get really creative w/ my lineup against PSV because 4 of my key players were in poor condition. Nevertheless, good times!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Irish Icon said:
juninho-62.jpg

juninnnnhooooooooooooooo!

Good game, Osorio. You deserved at least a point out of that one. I couldn't seem to get the ball up to my strikers at all.

p.s. - I can guarantee we'll have some complaining later on in the season with people's star players end up being in poor condition (down arrow) for important games. While I like this now because its a long season and forces players to use different lineups, I had to get really creative w/ my lineup against PSV because 4 of my key players were in poor condition. Nevertheless, good times!

Yeah but that's just a part of the game. Imagine if we had injuries and card suspensions!

Btw everyone, DON'T FORGET TO ENTER CARDS FOR BOTH TEAMS! It won't affect whether your players can play but it's just a fun stat-tracking thing. Maybe you guys just don't play as bastardly as me but I better see some cards soon! ;p

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Rorschach said:
Btw- if it's not too much trouble, you guys could probably add aim names to the site? It would be good for keeping in touch and getting games in instead of refreshing our pm boxes all day ;)
Yea, I think we need to do this.

Everyone PM me your IM client (AIM/MSN/Whatever) and username if you don't mind it being on the site, and I'll add it to the team detail page.

So far I have:

Fifty
FMT
Astro
shoplifter
kpop100
Hayami
Rorshach

so if you're not on that list and dont mind your aim info posted on the site or if you are on the list and don't want your aim info posted on the site, pm me and let me know.. thanks

Srider

Banned
Socreges said:
The lag is ATROCIOUS. I used my first pause just to say this. :lol I wonder if something is up with your connection.... :/

I have no idea what's going on, but I made it clear the meter was red at the beginning. Maybe I need to go get on a router.

Super intense game anyways, neither of our teams were able to shoot on goal today. Tons of chances and very close free kicks. I hope all the stuff makes it into the recap.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just to be sure for EVERYONE- make sure you are not downloading or uploading ANYTHING WHILE PLAYING. Especially if you are using BT or something it will completely fuck up the connection.

Hayami

Banned
oh, dick. Beatbox and I played, AC Roma v. Udinese, and I accidentally entered ALL THE STATS as if I was playing Osorio. any way the DB mods can transfer the data to the other game, or just wipe it out so I can re-enter?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hayami said:
oh, dick. Beatbox and I played, AC Roma v. Udinese, and I accidentally entered ALL THE STATS as if I was playing Osorio. any way the DB mods can transfer the data to the other game, or just wipe it out so I can re-enter?

we'll leave it as is b/c deleting games fucks up the stats, so just PM me the stats of you and Osorio's game and I'll modify it accordingly. Also just enter a new game for the game between you and Beatbox. Make sense?

Hayami

Banned
AstroLad said:
we'll leave it as is b/c deleting games fucks up the stats, so just PM me the stats of you and Osorio's game and I'll modify it accordingly. Also just enter a new game for the game between you and Beatbox. Make sense?

yep, updated the actual game stats, and I'll just PM you the Osorio stats when that game's over.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hayami said:
yep, updated the actual game stats, and I'll just PM you the Osorio stats when that game's over.

So wait can you just clear it up for me, b/c what I see right now is a score for you and Beatbox, but it says "PSV" in the recap. So is that score OK to approve and we just need the other score from you-Osorio (i.e. don't approve that one)? Where does the recap go?

Hayami

Banned
AstroLad said:
So wait can you just clear it up for me, b/c what I see right now is a score for you and Beatbox, but it says "PSV" in the recap. So is that score OK to approve and we just need the other score from you-Osorio (i.e. don't approve that one)? Where does the recap go?

that's just me copying the text and mistakenly not re-editing it. the beatbox game stats are final and good for approval, and yeah, don't approve the Osorio score. that recap goes for the AS Roma game, just had the club name wrong. thanks!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hayami said:
that's just me copying the text and mistakenly not re-editing it. the beatbox game stats are final and good for approval, and yeah, don't approve the Osorio score. that recap goes for the AS Roma game, just had the club name wrong. thanks!

no prob, fixed the recap too.

Top Bottom