• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Champions League.

Socreges

Banned
Srider said:
I have no idea what's going on, but I made it clear the meter was red at the beginning. Maybe I need to go get on a router.

Super intense game anyways, neither of our teams were able to shoot on goal today. Tons of chances and very close free kicks. I hope all the stuff makes it into the recap.
My recap didnt really do the game justice since I was in a major, major rush. Itll be better the next time I beat you. ;)

Haha, YEEAAA!

Larry - I should be around for at least part of the day, let me know if you can play our game at some point. I'll be around tomorrow too.

Srider

Banned
Socreges said:
My recap didnt really do the game justice since I was in a major, major rush. Itll be better the next time I beat you. ;)

I swear, Dida is my nemesis. In both of our games he made miracle saves. Not only did he save that open goal shot, he also saves Rooney's Freekick. If only Van Der Sarr ran a little quicker on Gilardino's shot.... :(

I need to use the chip shot more and I'll get through Dida next time!!

bionic77

Hey to those who are in my league. I was super busy with a new job last week and I probably won't have net access in the apartment I am moving for at least the next week, so please be patient. Once I get settled in I will try to make up for lost time. I should be good to go starting next weekend and afterwards though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bionic77 said:
Hey to those who are in my league. I was super busy with a new job last week and I probably won't have net access in the apartment I am moving for at least the next week, so please be patient. Once I get settled in I will try to make up for lost time. I should be good to go starting next weekend and afterwards though.

Great, Mig, Rors, and Socreges try to schedule your games with bionic for next weekend so hopefully you can get it in before the deadline and we can have everyone on the same page by Sunday night.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
FMT, your goalie scares the hell out of me AND he's leading the league in clean sheets.
kahn_ima_010805.jpg

Daigoro

AstroLad said:
Yeah the game is in, check it to make sure everything's right.

everything looks fine, thanks. (watching the Newcastle game on now?)

im prob going to be heading to bed in a little while and off to work tonight, so hopefully i can catch up with some of you guys Sunday. im off all day from around 8:30 est on.

Srider

Banned
Daigoro said:
everything looks fine, thanks. (watching the Newcastle game on now?)

im prob going to be heading to bed in a little while and off to work tonight, so hopefully i can catch up with some of you guys Sunday. im off all day from around 8:30 est on.

I'll catch you at that time to get our game in. See you then.

Fifty

Let's give a shoutout to Real Madrid's Alvaro Mejia.

mejia9rw.jpg

Look at those eyes......Pure evil resides within them. True hatred calls Mejia's body its vessel

Mr. Mejia is leading the league in red cards and if my losing ways continue, he will stay at the top of the leaderboard for the entire season.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright guys, you've all done an excellent job of getting games in. The website is shaping up great thanks to sef, be sure to check out all the recaps and stats if you haven't had a chance yet.

Here's the games left to be played (you have until next Sunday at 11 PM EST, but it's recommended you try to play them before Friday as that's when the next schedule comes out):

Chelsea FC (shoplifter) vs. FC Barcelona (kpop100)
Valencia CF (Miguel) vs. VfB Stuttgart (bionic77)
Udinese Calcio (Hayami) vs. PSV Eindhoven (Osorio)

Club Atlético de Madrid (Rorschach) vs. VfB Stuttgart (bionic77)
Chelsea FC (shoplifter) vs. AC Milan (Socreges)
Manchester United FC (Srider) vs. Juventus (Daigoro)
FC Barcelona (kpop100) vs. FC Lokomotiv Moskva (sefskillz)

AC Milan (Socreges) vs. VfB Stuttgart (bionic77)
Chelsea FC (shoplifter) vs. Juventus (Daigoro)
FC Lokomotiv Moskva (sefskillz) vs. Valencia CF (Miguel)
FC Internazionale (Larry Bird) vs. Arsenal FC (Mrjellybeanct)

Socreges

Banned
Due to a change of plans, I will be available for (and likely playing for most of) the next few hours. Shoplifter or bionic?? MrJellyBean?? Or, anyone for a friendly?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fifty said:
Let's give a shoutout to Real Madrid's Alvaro Mejia.

mejia9rw.jpg

Look at those eyes......Pure evil resides within them. True hatred calls Mejia's body its vessel

Mr. Mejia is leading the league in red cards and if my losing ways continue, he will stay at the top of the leaderboard for the entire season.

Do NOT, I repeat- DO NOT count out Jermaine Jenas, aka "The Baby-Faced Assassin." He has vowed to get last least four more red cards this season. He will not just let someone like Mejia run away with this thing.

_39945553_jenas_gi245x300.jpg

#1 IN RED CARDS!
Jenas' teammates triumphantly carry him off the field to celebrate yet another step in his record-breaking red card run.

Daigoro

k, im done waiting for now. find me online or leave me a post here. if i dont see you we can try to schedule something for later on today.

Srider

Banned
I just got up, I didn't mean to make you wait by my last post. I thought you'd be on in the evening. I'll be on in the afternoon, what time is good for you?

Daigoro

Srider said:
I just got up, I didn't mean to make you wait by my last post. I thought you'd be on in the evening. I'll be on in the afternoon, what time is good for you?

no problem. i figured you were thinking PM.

i free for most of the day. whenever is good for you, let me know. ill try to keep checking back.

Socreges

Banned
Mrjellybeanct said:
Alright Socreges, I should be free to play most of the day, let's set this final up. Larry if you're around for our match let me know too.
Ok, either 4:30-5:30 PST or some time after 8 or 9 PST....

Daigoro

i been hanging out all day looking for a league game. where you guys at? :p

i want to go out tonight. if i dont hear anything shortly im taking off. ill be back late.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
i been hanging out all day looking for a league game. where you guys at? :p

i want to go out tonight. if i dont hear anything shortly im taking off. ill be back late.

Have you tried PMing folks just to be sure?

Srider

Banned
daigoro, I'm logging on now. I just saw you online playing against some guy. I'll be hanging out till you're done. If anyone else wants to get a game in, just msg in the WE lobby, since I can't have computer and ps2 hooked in at the same time.

Socreges

Banned
Since no one checks the other thread anymore.....

_39338293_trophy_98_get300x200.jpg

2608488341.jpg

France 1 - Czech Rep 0

First half was mine, but he dominated the last 20 minutes, nearly scoring. Good game.

Hopefully the next World Cup isnt so anti-climactic. Since theres no spectator mode, people lose interest as soon as they are out. Which is fair, mind you, but just unfortunate.

Good game all around. If I was able to come through in the last few moments and send it to overtime it would have made for a nice final match, but at least it wasn't a blowout.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright all, with a week left to play games (Sunday by 11 PM EST) I would strongly suggest you start organizing times for your remaining games so that they are all played in time.

Soc- Yeah it sucks that there is no spectator mode, one of the very unfortunate basic oversights (along with no assist-tracking, poor Friends List interface, and a few others) in an otherwise pretty solid, if basic, online experience. I mean how great would it be to have a viewing "lobby" where the people watching a game can comment on it? I'm thinking about having some sort of Loser's Bracket or something here that runs concurrently with the playoffs so that everyone stays on top of things, but thankfully we have a month of regular season left to figure it all out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hayami said:
Osorio may be missing. Someone please contact his next of kin.

Hm, he played a couple games a few days ago. You probably have already, but if you haven't PM him and then let me or fifty know if you still haven't gotten a hold of him toward the end of the week.

Daigoro

ok guys. ill be around most of today today.

i have some friends coming over for game night at 8pm EST, so id like to get it done before or after that if possible.

if not maybe i can squeeze in a game or two while they are here.

im not really available evenings for the rest of the week, just mornings and afternoons/very early evening.

QUOTE=AstroLad]Have you tried PMing folks just to be sure?[/QUOTE]

yes.

Daigoro

might as well use this double post to say:

Congrats to Socreges and France. job well done.

condolences to Jellybean, but also congrats for a great tourney. sounds like you did very well in the final too, i was expecting another goal or two from France (monster of a team).

good job all. thanks for setting it up Astro.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
To All: If you've posted here, tried PMing and have heard nothing back from one of your scheduled opponents by this Friday, let fifty or me know as we'll have to set things straight. Remember: The deadline is this Sunday by 11PM EST to play ALL your games in this block (3) and this is a longer-than-usual "week" so people should really be able to get their games in on time or at a bare minimum get in touch with your opponents soon, respond to PMs, etc.

Fifty

Shoplifter, you around? If people aren't interested in playing or are really too busy to play 3 scheduled games in 7 days, please let us know and we can downsize the league so that the people who are playing can play their games. If you're going to just pop on a few times a week and hope that people are around to play your games then you're running the high risk of not playing at all. It's much better to organize a game in advance via PM or whatever. Who knows, hopefully I'm wrong, and everyone is done by the deadline this week, but we really shouldn't have to push people to play their games, especially this early in the season.

Daigoro

i just sent out 2 PM's for my 2 remaining games this round. i included my schedule for the next 5 days. (shoplifter has been pretty good about returning my PMs)

i have next Sunday off, so if need be we can get our games done then. id just like something scheduled in advance, so i dont have to wait around for a response.

lets set this up fellas!

Rorschach

Miguel said:
sefskillz/bionic77, you guys around?

*sends out PMs*

bionic77 said:

Brofist

I'm gonna be on Wed night about 8-10 PM EST (Thurs morning for me). Look me up for our games if you are playing me.

Top Bottom