• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
DTL you should of used the gif you linked in your post instead. Its a better testament to the animation bump:

tumblr_mzhyavvx6x1qcertko1_r1_500.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Surely that would be a reason not to be loyal, if anything >.>

But yeah, there is definitely something up with that girlfriend...

Sakura Trick 2

Show continues to be an odd combination of kind-of-dull slice-of-life antics and girls being yuri as fuck.

I mean, our main pair have the supposed "excuse" of "we're just doing something unique to deepen our friendship" (plus the fact that it's a little one-sided, though this episode went a fair way towards fixing that). But Kotone and Shizuku? Those two aren't even putting up any pretences. They're just sharing heartfelt kisses and having lovers' tiffs and generally being totally into each other 24/7.

When a show is this blatant I am not sure why pretenses are needed.

Syrinx

Kill la Kill 14

I was afraid that was gonna happen.
One episode after she lost Senketsu, Ryuko has almost every part of him. All in a span of five minutes or so. Least this may be setting up another epic battle with Satsuki.

Other than that though, the episode was very entertaining. The war on the Kansai region was fun as hell to watch. Football players wearing kobe beef as armor? Osaka residents fighting off Honnouji with money? Fun stuff. And of course Mako's antics around Osaka while all this shit was going down was hilarious. Also more sexy sensei. Fuck yeah.

Mature

Does anyone own the Lupin the 3rd: The Complete First Series set from Discotek? I'm looking to get it as a present, and it looks nice, but I want to make it's up to snuff before buying it.

Gon x Hisoka (2011) 36

This was entertaining, and creepy as fuck. Holy shit. We're done with this arc at least! And transition into Yorkshin!

Things are about to get even more fun.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Strange+ Episode 2:

I am not used to see the images that transpired here, that being said, it did something The Hangover Part III could not do, make me laugh. Also, what the fuck was up with the ending eyecatch?

cnet128

Banned
Kill la Kill 14

Sexy Sensei is no more. Sexy NUDIST is in da house!

Did Ryuuko just
drive a motorcycle into Gamagoori's face?
That's amazing. Keep up the good work, Super Scarf Ryuuko! Also, I love the way the show keeps spamming that instrumental version of "Don't Lose Your Way" every single time she shows up on screen for the luls.

Giant bizarre battles to conquer the rival schools are pretty fun...but Mako's adventures in Osaka are better. That girl sure knows how to enjoy a field trip!

Oh, and Nonon in buruma is a god-sent gift and she should wear that outfit henceforth for all eternity. Hells yeah.

cnet128

Banned
pupa 2

Awww, what an adorable abomination. Isn't it just the sweetest thing. Sweet like human flesh.

(The length of these episodes is more of an abomination than Yume could ever hope to be.)

wonzo

Banned
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 1

This makes me feel like cajunator. Especially Kon and his adorable little voice.
Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha 01
This was pretty great. Competent production values, good pacing and a seemingly good cast.
On my top 3 for this season so far.
UKE-SAMA
The KitsuneStation 2 slain me.
Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iraha 1
It was cute and relatively entertaining, but didn't really grab me that much. I'm really trying to pair down my current shows, so I'll probably drop it and maybe pick it up later.
Inari konkon Koi no Iroha 1
Very cute and interesting. The shapeshifting will probably be an interesting plot point later on.
Inari konkon Koi no Iroha ep 1
AOTY.
http://i.imgur.com/3hUU5kFl.jpg
Solid productions with alot of cute and heartwarming moments. AOTY! AOTY!

http://i.imgur.com/43hvy9Cl.jpg
Inari so damn adorable.

http://i.imgur.com/gxat1kul.jpg
UKA SAMA!!!! <3 The real true female protaganist.
guys pls

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Pupa Episode 2:

Okay, that ending was so over the top it actually made me laugh. Yea, four minutes may be a good length for a comedy short, but I really have a hard time getting into what amounts to the worlds most disturbing episodes of Pete and Pete.

Yaaaaaaaay, Splash Star!

ibvlMZ2mh6lAWE.gif
Splash star is trully great .

This is all.

I remember being hyped to watch this show back when it was starting to air here on Jetix.

Big mistake. Of all episodes that I could watch as a first, I got the one with the dumb wheelchair girl and melodrama.
You should be sooooooo glad that Sonic X adapted sonic adventure 1 & 2 events but decided to ignore sonic 06 events ...
There is no princess Elise in Sonic X . I'm so happy now that i realise this.
I WANT TO HUG

HUGHUGSQUEEEEE
She deserve the hugs

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 37

There was bonding... a lot of bonding....

There has been so much undertones since Gon vs Hisoka it's tingling up the wazoo

CorvoSol

Dude Kill la Kill just gave Sexy Sensei
a sweet car, furthering the proof that he is Akio Ohtori.

Why would I ever complain about this development?

Samurai Flamenco 13

Loved how things escalated quickly again. Cant wait for next episode.

I wonder if the show will expand beyond Japan if the next episode title really means what wil happen.

tv1389896486183fiuva.gif

Kill la Kill 14

Easily the best scene this week.

Won't forget to mention Moneybags magnificent debut.

Actually think he would have stolen this episode, if it wasn't for Sensei's NUDIST's strip show.

CorvoSol

Kill la Kill 14

So I see where the complaints with this episode come in, now,
as Ryuko reclaiming her lost Senketsu pieces so quickly does feel a bit like a cop out
, but on the other hand, I feel that
making her fight to reclaim them piece by piece would have been a bit cliche, so I kind of think it was never going to end satisfactorily, and I hope that this new direction might take us somewhere else interesting.
Mako continues to be Best because she's Mako, and Satsuki and her crew are far and away more interesting than Matoyi, but I don't hate her, either. I think she works fine as the thorn in Satsuki's side. Hopefully, as the show progresses, they draw more parallels between the two of them.

That said the school raid trip was a blast to watch. Episode lacked Mako x Gamagoori, though, which is what this show should never put aside.

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 14

Mmmmmm, dat feminine bonding.
Looks like Kouko may have finally managed to get over her burning hatred of Chinami! Sort of. Maybe. Ish.

Also, dat
incriminating glimpse of Mitsuo and Linda together
. I can only presume it's some sort of misunderstanding, because...what. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how that one plays out!

Also also, bring on the BEACH EPISODE!

Oh, and go away Ghost Banri. I know you only appeared for like about two seconds in this episode, but that's still two seconds too many.
If you could take the new OP away with you and maybe bring back the first one, that would also be much appreciated.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kill la Kill - 14

Getting back all those pieces of Senketsu so quickly is really lame but this lead to an interesting "fight" at least. Probably not against Satsuki I think. For once, they may need to work together to keep from killing every civilian in this city.

jbug617

Banned
Silver Spoon S2 2

If they can make a pig look cute they can make a dog also cute.
I wonder if we see Hachiken be a little selfish at the festival.
Silver Spoon S2 -2

Dat dog, dat bromance, dat Hachiken, dat school.

Show of the Winter season.

Is there anyone who stands with me?

I agree with you. Just a great show with good characters and good pacing.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 38

Okay, now we're dealing with Yorkshin and Our totally original console, Blaystation!

At least Fat boy will be useful. I don't remember exactly when
Killua retakes the exam... if he does that is.

Hurry up and check it out! The show is really well directed.

It's simply a great 'feel good' show.

To be honest I want to, I really do, but the manga should be pretty far ahead and I have so many other new shows to watch I might not get to this for a while. I'm not like many here who read manga that can watch the anime from the beginning as it catches up with it. One of the few exceptions is Attack on Titan and that's because the manga is so mo'fuckin ugly looking and the anime so sexy that not watching the anime would have been wrong.

Phi Brain (S3) 58-61

And so begins the Raetsel world tour. When did she ever set all this up? Who knows. I'm happy that Cubik basically solved a Puzzle of Fools by himself (with insightful help from Ana and literal help from Iwashimizu, to counter Regina's cheating).
Next episode is the glorious return of Herbert. Yesssss.

Quasar

yeah, that'd do it. Don't overload on SYD, give it time to rest.

Oh its not so much that the jokes are tired, just that the storyline so far (the whole student exchange program) from the OVAs just got retold in S2. Thus I'm left wondering if all the other OVA material will just get retold.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 5

Hana-chan did Onpu's job better than her. Well, different. In a refreshing way. But was that really a romantic drama she was in? That guy looked like he was a grown adult. Or at least in high school. She's in sixth grade. Maybe it's something else.

I don't really see why they have Hana-chan turn back to a baby on new moons. Seems kinda unnecessary. But if it'll give us more Hana-chan episodes like the ones in Motto! and such, that'll be cool.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei - 01

h48RD1y.png
uZzguE4.png

OTP FOUND!

Oh wow that was a lot of fun. Chemistry between the three girls are great and Benio-sama is by far my favorite. Can't believe this almost flew under my radar, thanks guys!

cajunator

Banned
Surely that would be a reason not to be loyal, if anything >.>

But yeah, there is definitely something up with that girlfriend...

Sakura Trick 2

Show continues to be an odd combination of kind-of-dull slice-of-life antics and girls being yuri as fuck.

I mean, our main pair have the supposed "excuse" of "we're just doing something unique to deepen our friendship" (plus the fact that it's a little one-sided, though this episode went a fair way towards fixing that). But Kotone and Shizuku? Those two aren't even putting up any pretences. They're just sharing heartfelt kisses and having lovers' tiffs and generally being totally into each other 24/7.

I do love this description. Yuri as fuck is exactly what ive wanted!

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 1

This makes me feel like cajunator. Especially Kon and his adorable little voice.

see? Anime still offers great things. Dont lose hope in it!

pupa 2

Awww, what an adorable abomination. Isn't it just the sweetest thing. Sweet like human flesh.

(The length of these episodes is more of an abomination than Yume could ever hope to be.)

I find these abominations are more adorable than horrible and terrifying. I have issues.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Witchcraft Works - 2

Finally, Takamiya decides to stop being a damsel in distress and take some initiative to learn some magic. Kinda disappointed how the 5 tower witches are basically goombas in comparison to Kagari but they go on funny karaoke adventures so it's too terrible.

I still can't get over how catchy the ending song is.

Kill La Kill 14

Another awesome episode. Two in a row! I love Mako. Her spotlight routines are fantastic. XD

Samurai Flamenco 13

So-so episode. This has been a fun show, but I may be starting to lose interest. I'll give it another few eps before I decide whether to drop it.

Engaged to the Unidentified 02

Only watch this show for Mashiro, but she makes it totally watchable.

Golden Time 14

Good episode, then at the very end
here's Ghost Banri, ready to fucking shit all over everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom