• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
JwAswHQ.jpg
U8JDxNL.jpg

Naruto Shippuden 345

Well, he was until Rin and Deidara died.

Then he just became another whiny prick.

Not sure what the point of watching Naruto is when it pretty much went to shit...

Then again, I'm watching Precure. I have no room to talk *shrugs*

cajunator

Banned
She failed her job the moment she reminded me of Ugly/Cure Ace.

I have no idea who you are referring to

I hope these are just placeholders, but the runtimes for FUNimation's April releases of Cat Planet Cuties and Spice & Wolf differ from previous releases. This happens with re-releases from time to time, right?

Cat Planet Cuties (original) @325min
Cat Planet Cuties (S.A.V.E.) @288min

Spice & Wolf (original S1/S2) @650min
Spice & Wolf (Anime Classics) @630min

Hmm. My copies show the full amount of minutes but I dont really see any specials or anything that can be cut out. Maybe placeholders.

Theonik

Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha 01
i90ZdHmQ9u8L2.png
ikbKKJSZJbP5V.png
iqdhirry6zwGw.png

[REDACTED]
This was pretty great. Competent production values, good pacing and a seemingly good cast.
On my top 3 for this season so far.
UKE-SAMA
The KitsuneStation 2 slain me.

Mikakunin 02
iQJguegqAT7ec.png

[REDACTED] * $longsleeves
A good episode. Really liking the animation in this and the comedy is not bad so far. Totally expecting from the flashback
these two are actually fox/wolf deities secret mofuwa show of the season.

Samurai Flamenco - 13

They're totally prepared to take this concept to its conclusion. They've accelerated the Flamengers gig to the point where there's really no going back. Pity because I prefer the original characters of the show so much more buuut I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see how this series was going to end up now that they've gone completely off the deep end.

Kill la Kill - 14

What a cop out!

I mean ignoring that they totally copped out on the Senketsu front with her essentially holding on to the "brain" of the uniform but the fact that all the pieces of the uniform were held on to by random grunts and none of the "elite 4" of the series just doesn't make a lick of sense. Especially when the entire episode is essentially serving as a setup for the rematch between Satsuki and Protagonist in which Satsuki IS holding on to a piece of the uniform.

I just felt like this episode totally dragged on for no real reason, the battles between the other schools were wholly uninteresting and Mako's shenanigans are really really really growing stale by this point.

Ah well, Sunglasses Ryuko > Vanilla Ryuko

cajunator

Banned
Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha 01

This was pretty great. Competent production values, good pacing and a seemingly good cast.
On my top 3 for this season so far.
UKE-SAMA
The KitsuneStation 2 slain me.

Mikakunin 02

A good episode. Really liking the animation in this and the comedy is not bad so far. Totally expecting from the flashback
these two are actually fox/wolf deities secret mofuwa show of the season.

I see this post and I think of happiness.

The Eccentric Family 02

Weird, but the kind of weird I like. So, I guess we've met the whole family now, and there was backstory explaining
what happened to the father

Not sure why
the mother turned back into a tanuki though
. Was it just because she became afraid of the thunder?

Dresden

The Eccentric Family 02

Not sure why
the mother turned back into a tanuki though
. Was it just because she became afraid of the thunder?

Yep.

Kill la Kill - 14

What a cop out!

I mean ignoring that they totally copped out on the Senketsu front with her essentially holding on to the "brain" of the uniform but the fact that all the pieces of the uniform were held on to by random grunts and none of the "elite 4" of the series just doesn't make a lick of sense. Especially when the entire episode is essentially serving as a setup for the rematch between Satsuki and Protagonist in which Satsuki IS holding on to a piece of the uniform.

Ah well, Sunglasses Ryuko > Vanilla Ryuko

Feels like I've been complaining about it for weeks, but I figured the end of 12 would trigger something. Instead she just gets played again right after that. Just kinda tired of it now.

She takes a step forward in 14, but it's all undermined by how she's playing yet again into Satsuki's scheme. The endless manipulation has made a mockery of her as a character.

Not sure what the point of watching Naruto is when it pretty much went to shit...

Then again, I'm watching Precure. I have no room to talk *shrugs*

Its tuned into your average shounen hooplah now :(

I still watch it when something major happens or a big fight because I still stand with the notion that it has some of the best animated fights of any shounen series.

Its cool to see people like Inari konkon so much.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 345 - I'm In Hell
tumblr_mzigipbcI31qj5jqso1_500.gif

Obito training and such was good with massive payoff that made me feel like cheering him on, and the major scene with Kakashi, Rin, Obito and the aftermath was much better of an experience than in the manga, just the little things like the sound, attention to detail at times and such just made it one of the better episodes this arc.

Though I dont understand Kishimoto's love of poop jokes, thats was like no less than five mentions this episode.

I believe next week is also two episode week, hype.

Its tuned into your average shounen hooplah now :(

I still watch it when something major happens or a big fight because I still stand with the notion that it has some of the best animated fights of any shounen series.

Its cool to see people like Inari konkon so much.

Yep. Only bother to watch episodes that are considered well for its animation, and then leave it be forever.

Perhaps it was a good thing I stopped watching the anime when the beginning was god awful.

Kill la Kill - 14

So Senketsu is still alive, now Ryuko has to fight Satsuki WITHOUT using life-fibre synchronization.

So basically, this is going to be like the Lagann fighting Lordgenome without the Gurren.

Everything else in this episode was just hilarious. Mako was amazing in this episode as usual. I love how Gamagoori fought his opponents by literally throwing the books at them.

Still have no idea where this show's gonna go next.
Is REVOCS gonna show up? Will Ryuko lose? Will Satsuki finally explain what her intentions are?

Why isn't it next Thursday yet?

jman2050

Golden Time 14

Really nice stuff, especially without Ghost Banri around to keep mucking things up. Actually really liked the whole conversation between Koko and Chinami. Maybe next week we'll get to see "Paris"

Mitsuo and Linda together? Can't say I saw that one coming. The plot thickens!

Naruto Shippuden Episode 345 - I'm In Hell
tumblr_mzigipbcI31qj5jqso1_500.gif

Obito training and such was good with massive payoff that made me feel like cheering him on, and the major scene with Kakashi, Rin, Obito and the aftermath was much better of an experience than in the manga, just the little things like the sound, attention to detail at times and such just made it one of the better episodes this arc.

Though I dont understand Kishimoto's love of poop jokes, thats was like no less than five mentions this episode.

I believe next week is also two episode week, hype.

Just like this lol. Guess its time to watch Naruto again.

Stulaw

Kill la Kill 13-14

Looks like they've slowed the pace down a little, Mako is still the best, Nudist Beach vs Cover should be good.

Also Beyblade.
I know they're the four sacred beasts

cnet128

Banned
Mahou Sensou 2

Walks into school shop => gets handed legendary weapon. That's protag power for you!

Also we have some kind of villain voiced by Roronoa Zoro. Which is kind of odd because his face doesn't really seem to match the voice, but eh.

This felt pretty uneventful overall for the second episode of a single-cour series. I guess they had to get all the introductory exposition and stuff out of the way. Hopefully more interesting things will start happening next episode.

Quasar

Engaged to the Unknown
... it really does become a bit insufferable after a while.

Also, in a post Non Non Biyori world, I have a bit of a hard time with precocious children nowadays:

Something about how she acts just doesn't seem genuine. Although I suppose it's because she mostly exists only so that the older sister (in law) can try to molest her rather than anything else.

I liked this episode more than the first. Brother even got a few lines.

Am curious about their whole family. So is brother a werewolf?

Golden Time 15 - liked this episode too. My favourite episode in a while.

Syrinx

Samurai Flamenco 13

Yeah, I think Hazama dun goofed there at the end. Prime Minister is being a douche about this and all, but going on national TV and announcing there what From Beyond is planning was probably not the right thing to do. Panic will certainly ensue.

I'm thinking they're setting up Flamenco Girls to return with a vengeance at some point. Mari still hates Hazama, I guess because he was able to do what she couldn't which was her own fault for not taking it seriously anyway. But she's feeling better. Still no cop D though. He's a loyal one.

Gazoinks

Samurai Flamenco 13

Yeah, I think Hazama dun goofed there at the end. Prime Minister is being a douche about this and all, but going on national TV and announcing there what From Beyond is planning was probably not the right thing to do. Panic will certainly ensue.

I'm thinking they're setting up Flamenco Girls to return with a vengeance at some point. Mari still hates Hazama, I guess because he was able to do what she couldn't which was her own fault for not taking it seriously anyway. But she's feeling better. Still no cop D though. He's a loyal one.

He's only loyal because his girlfriend is imaginary. :p

Nagi no Asukura 15
Interesting episode that is tugs at heartstrings. I'm expecting the next couple episodes only really contributing to the shipping though

Naruto 345

Well damn that was an amazing episode. Animation was top notch! Musics helped a lot too. This episode almost made me want Obito to succeed, in an ideal world he would of got there in time and saved them both.

Man I remember when people first saw that scene in the manga. They went ape shit, conjuring the most crazy theories on why Kakashi would do that and if Obito was the real hero and Kakashi the real villain lol good times.

cnet128

Banned
He's only loyal because his girlfriend is imaginary. :p

Surely that would be a reason not to be loyal, if anything >.>

But yeah, there is definitely something up with that girlfriend...

Sakura Trick 2

Show continues to be an odd combination of kind-of-dull slice-of-life antics and girls being yuri as fuck.

I mean, our main pair have the supposed "excuse" of "we're just doing something unique to deepen our friendship" (plus the fact that it's a little one-sided, though this episode went a fair way towards fixing that). But Kotone and Shizuku? Those two aren't even putting up any pretences. They're just sharing heartfelt kisses and having lovers' tiffs and generally being totally into each other 24/7.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 14:

At long last the war on Kensai has begun and it was excellent. Much like Tengan Toppa this is a series that works best in motion, although I will grant that the motion here is a fair bit more limited. Also, long live the era of the Track Suit and I really wish Ryuko would keep hers, it looks better then Senketsu. Also thank god the arbitration of previous arcs is now null and void, I think I would have ate my arm if that were the case. I am also surprised at how many cultural references I understood in this episode, I think I need to watch less anime. At any rate, for the first time in a long while I am really looking forward to the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom