• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Girls und Panzer 8

iba1kDRHrrxmRT.jpg

Russia has the best soundtrack.

Well that was an extremely obvious trap.
There's something rather creepy about how they're fighting in an abandoned, snow-covered village,
including the empty and decrepit church they took sanctuary in.

Also, when did
our-school-is-going-to-close-down-unless-we-accomplish-some-random-goal-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-education
becomes such a common trope?

Lain

Kill la Kill 14

Better than 13, which isn't saying much.
I could have done without the episode wasting so much time on fodder only to have Ryuuko
swoop in, get the pieces and ride into the sunset errr ride to the next gathering to swoop in and get back more pieces of Senketsu
because then the episode, obviously, ended just
as she has to face Satsuki.

I'm not sure how they manage to keep making Mako the best part of the show every single time. I like Ryuuko (except when she sucks like in episode 13) but Mako is the true queen here.

wonzo

Banned
Just a heads up but
Pupipo 5
was sakuga as fuck. I ain't postin' any gif tho so y'all just have to watch it. ( ´ 3 ` )~po

Hunter X Hunter (2011) 58

In a sense, the Yorkshin arc, and the rest of this place is basically set up as a transition phase into the Greed Island arc. Then again, that's not how arcs really work.

Leorio was somewhat useful, which probably isn't saying much. He's clearly not suited for combat, considering how little mastery he has in Nen.

As there was brutality in this arc, there was also "planning" that was still exciting. I wonder if it's easy for MADHOUSE to do what they do partly because fighting isn't the only way things gets settled, so budgeting works out for the better here.

Anyway, Yorkshin arc. That was the shit. I already knew it was. Still is the shit. Bam.

I don't remember how much I liked Greed Island, but at least the end of the arc won't be scribbles I guess.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I hope you didn't think I was questioning why you were watching it! I feel kind of bad just swooping in and dumping on it now that I know it was something personal for you, but the doge speak review gave the impression that you weren't exactly enjoying it yourself :lol
I must admit that I also give A-ko credit on account of it being the first subbed anime I've seen.

Also, the sequels were OVAs, but the first is not.

Might as well have the only two guys meet.
Yeah, it was a good idea. Just like season 1, S2 of the Saki anime is adding good amounts of stuff that wasn't in the manga. The Achiga-hen anime really didn't do that, it was pretty much just an adaptation with only a relative few additions (mostly later on), but there's more added here already. A lot of the stuff in episode two was new too, for instance; some of those bath scenes happened in the manga, but not all three I don't think.

The scene with
Mihoko's shirt hanging with the Kiyosumi shirts, and the scene with Mihoko blushing while Hisa eats the sandwich she made and praises the food?
Those are new too. The manga does have some HisaxMihoko stuff (she's in their room at the hotel all the time during this tournament!) but those scenes make things even more overt. Poor Mako, she's going to lose soon...

So yeah, plenty of scenes added, and they fit in well for the most part. I don't know if ep. 2 really needed THREE bath scenes in one episode, but there won't be time for that during the matches for sure, so get it out of the way I guess...

Although it was funny that he entered a tournament by himself and no one cared.

He's just a guy, it's not like he could be competitive against the top mahjong players anyway... and even in the weaker male side doesn't he always crash out early?

Maybe they're getting rid of the fanservice early to focus on the MJ. lol
The second round of the tournament was about thirty chapters long. Consider that the whole 26-episode first season adapts 60-something chapters of the series, though it added a lot of content, most notably the whole individual tournament arc, which doesn't exist in the manga (though it is definitely canon). Also some of those 30 chapters chapters were crazy-short 8-page affairs. Still, it's a long match. If this is only going to be a 13-episode series, I don't see how they get through that match without cuts... or will it be 26, or split-cours or something? I don't know, we'll have to see.

Of course currently the third round isn't even halfway done yet, so there are big issues there, but even getting through round two will likely take more than 13 episodes... so yeah, clearly they're trying to get the fanservice in when they can, before and during the matches.

Theonik

Kato and Harada
was such a random pairing. I can't remember any kind of build-up to that happening.
There was a ton of hints and scenes of them talking together alone. The show is actually pretty great at this.

Erwin Smith. I guess we must fight.

Sorry about that, this one is better.

LOL I'm Japanese Cleo of the Wind.
Theonik is voiced by Watanabe Akeno
So I'm Yuuki Rito huh?

Urusai Urusai Urusai Urusai Urusai

You missed
half of
a track suit.
PM please.

And yet Cardcaptor Sakura just wasn't good enough for you.
I don't blame him. Even I dropped it.

mako should've been the protag
Episode 15 twist bra.

Nourin 2
It went on for too long, but that panty scene was actually pretty funny. I didn't expect much from this show, but maybe it will continue to be amusing.

cajunator

Banned
PuPiPo 05

Later manga spoilers made the ending to this episode quite odd to say the least. Some good cuts in this episode definitely wasn't expecting that.
If Wonzo hadn't spoiled that fact.

Second half of CCS is shit. Trufax

I am deeply upset by this. To redeem yourself you must link me to gothic lolita catgirls.

Melda is bestda.
9qXB75Yl.jpg
Oh !

Oh !!!
Purchase incoming .

Gintama Four Devas "movie version"
So I had no idea that they stitched together episodes from a couple of arcs (they also did the first Shinsengumi arc from like episode 100) and turned them into movies. I've personally seen Four Devas probably 10 times, so I was curious to see how they managed to edit together the episodes to make a movie.

Most notably, if you are familiar with the serious arcs from Gintama, you would know that every single episode ends not only on a cliffhanger, but usually in a bad ass postcard moment.
Pxn2NOxl.jpg

31FR3xHl.jpg

For me, this moment is drilled into my head and the next part of that is a smash cut to the ED with "Samurai Heart" playing. Here, they shifted parts of the episode around in order to try to make these postcard moments make sense in a movie context, so it's immediately followed by Otose's reveal, which of course, happens earlier in the television version of the arc.

I don't know if it works as a movie unfortunately, but then again I'm probably too prejudiced by my love of the TV arc to even be able to judge this fairly.

Either way, it started raining in my room when they got to this moment.
97sMhorl.jpg

I knew it was coming, I knew I would have to start wiping my eyes, but yet it started raining in my room even though I was prepared for it. I guess this is my version of Field of Dreams for older American men who need an excuse to cry because they're meant to be emotionless robots otherwise.

If nothing else, even if it's weird as a movie, the Four Devas arc still holds up. I want more Gintama now though. :(
Ah the 4 deva arc , it always starts raining in my room at that moment too , whenever it's in a movie or the tv anime. ( i didn't know there was a movie of this arc )

Sakura Trick 1

1389551346264.jpg
i wanted to post this picture too :)

And yes i was so entertained
Someone needs to make the same thing " are you still not entertained ? " for episode 2

Oh, what episodes is the four Devas arc in Gintama anyway? I'm up to 200+ and it hasn't happened yet O:

Ep 209 or 210 ( you're so close ) it'll be so worth it.

Dynedom

Man, I'm finding it very hard to find OP's that top Kuroko no Basuke S2 (in terms of 2013). The production is absolutely insane.

Dynedom

[ulrl=http://vanishingtrooper.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/a-look-at-the-sakuga-and-animation-of-2013/[/url]Vanishing Trooper's[/url] suggestions for other great looking OPs are pretty good - Kyoukai no Kanata, Psycho Pass OP2 and the Naruto Shippuden OP linked in the article all showcase some pretty spectacular animation.

Psycho Pass OP2 is probably the only thing I've seen that can top it. I'll have to do some digging. I think KNK is good too but not in comparison to Kuroko. Not a huge fan of the Naruto OP tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom