• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ace of the Diamond 15

gjzUewjl.jpg

Chris-senpai is starting to have some competition!

Bullshit! Nobody competes with Chris-chan.

cnet128

Banned
Space Dandy 3

Yep, that was leagues better than Episode 2. Good to see this show back on form.

Could see the twist coming a couple of miles off - what kind of real damsel in distress wears a hat that tiny?! What I didn't see coming, though, was the "scary" aliens turning out to be totally all right dudes. That was rather amusing XD

cajunator

Banned
Another person whose opinion can no longer be trusted.

Welp

Hebijo is much better written because they had more time to flesh out the characters after the feedback from the original game. The hebijo side was added later after all.

You'll find that most of the balance between characters have been corrected once you'll start shinobi versus. and everyone will have more time even if asuka is still the main heroine of the hanzo side.

can't wait to see your ranking after you'll see how improved they will all be in the sequel.

Yes ! It's not exceptionnal but it works part of why they tried to make it work in anime.. And the anime made it work properly too i think.

Mirai way too low! She has a jet in her dress and guns. Catears. Shes awesome and stuff!

The 3ds games are action side scrollers ( like street of rage but with more ennemies ) it's action with fan service.

The vita game is a 3d arena brawler ( like a dynasty warrior ) , again full of fanservice.

Ah. Action side scrollers can be cool sometimes. I question the overabundance of boobs. Probably not my kind of game.

Side scrolling slash 'em up, quite fun!
=========================

Playing Shinovi Versus right now and R_thanatos you weren't kidding when you said you didn't need goggles for this. This game is literally slapping you in the face with it and I'm loving it.

Oh and performed Katsuragi's level 2 Ninja Art on Ikaruga that destroyed her bra (
and left little chibi stickers on her nipples as a censor
)

This is the game we play~

Thanks.

Tonari no Seki-kun 3

I love this series this much.
WoHAmrS.jpg

Next up : ZA FUURU!

Im finding myself loving the short length series more and more.

It's a shonen anime. Your description fits like, all of them.

ON AN UNRELATED, HUMOROUS NOTE: Today I was leaving Church and decided to open up the browser on my phone, only to see that my browser was still showing a .gif that Chickdigger sent me. My gut reaction was to lob my phone away from me, but instead I wisely shut it off until I could get home and exit out of Chickdigger's .gif.

Heart attack of the century, man.

I can relate.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tonari no Seki-kun Episode 3:

I can sympathize with Seki here, I have used many a desk back in school that needed a good polishing and then some.

Nobunaga the Fool Episode 3: The Chariot
tumblr_mzo5o5caTW1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mzo5o5caTW1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Takedas is pretty amazing with the flames though I still love Nobus
and now with Lightning Regalia, splendid. I hope the bond wasnt serious
. This was probably its best episode all around, good quotes by all, resolve by all, and great action.

Side scrolling slash 'em up, quite fun!
=========================

Playing Shinovi Versus right now and R_thanatos you weren't kidding when you said you didn't need goggles for this. This game is literally slapping you in the face with it and I'm loving it.

Oh and performed Katsuragi's level 2 Ninja Art on Ikaruga that destroyed her bra (
and left little chibi stickers on her nipples as a censor
)

This is the game we play~
Well i was enjoying myself too , glad you mlike it ... i platiniumed it with No regrets.. Game is so much awesome.

On that subject i hope marvelous will make another season in order to promote their next releases.
More SK animated is welcome.

Noragami 3

As I get to know the characters more, the humor that arises from their interactions is working better and better for me. There's a good balance overall between the comedic aspects and the contemplative and spooky aspects that is making for an attractively well-rounded work. There's an attention to detail that I respect, from using the train crossing alarm as a way to smoothly transition between locations to storyboarding that draws out the characters feelings.

d1L7aoN.jpg

As Hiyori hesitates to bring up the awkward subject of Yukine's death, the camera shoves her to the side and cuts off part of her face to bring out her inner conflict.

It's a classy package.

Gazoinks

Nobunaga the Gun 3

This ended up... weirdly lewd,
Soldier bros were cool until they started obsessing over swimsuit pictures of a high schooler. Also they're probably going to die. :p

Other than that, this was a training episode, so it didn't really develop a huge amount.

Also, Noragami is good? I passed over that one because I remember the reactions to the first episode being meh. Guess I'll check it out now.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Well i was enjoying myself too , glad you mlike it ... i platiniumed it with No regrets.. Game is so much awesome.

On that subject i hope marvelous will make another season in order to promote their next releases.
More SK animated is welcome.

I don't think I've ever platinumed a game before, this may be first if they have a list somewhere. But yeah I'm really enjoying this! Would love to get another season of SK.

CorvoSol

Getter Robo 32

You know, I was going to complain about how the Dinosaur Empire just did a chemical strike on ALL OF JAPAN and they're not clamoring to go to war with them now and instead leaving it up to a single Super Robot when I realized that since this show came out in what, the 60s or 70s (considering Michiru's mother was a little girl during the Allied Air Raids on Japan), Japan was still a newly defeated nation whose right to self defense had been stripped of it. America was probably busy dealing with the Soviets or the Viet Cong, so they might not even be able to come help Japan fight its elusive dinosaur foes.

So yeah, that the defense of Japan rests entirely on the shoulders of the Saotome Getter Research Laboratories makes sense, in a way. Getter Robo is further interesting as an expression of the underlying cultural turmoil of Japan at the time. I mean they had lost the war pretty soundly and their empire had been crumbled to pieces, so the Getter Robot is sort of a symbol of something they could take pride in, could look to for the militaristic pride they'd lost. At the same time Americans are not portrayed as evil, but arrogant (Texas Mack and Texas Jack being ultimately allies of the team). The Cold War's technological boom is reflected in Professor Saotome, whose research is changing the world in big ways (just as much of the Cold War's science did).

I think, honestly, there's a lot to be learned about Post-Imperial Japan by watching Getter Robo.

Noragami Episode 3: Bidden Calamity
BeX3MmBCEAA1mc0.jpg

Episode can be really pretty at times beyond just the characters but the whole lead into and fight scene of calling forth Yukine. I hope they continue to have it and show it in full, since its not a long anime they ought to.

Kind of a nice balance of a comedy moment, then the super serious and sad moment of the deaths, then tying it up with a good message and more comedy. Liked it and how it was handled at least.

cajunator

Banned
Noragami Episode 3: Bidden Calamity
BeX3MmBCEAA1mc0.jpg

Episode can be really pretty at times beyond just the characters but the whole lead into and fight scene of calling forth Yukine. I hope they continue to have it and show it in full, since its not a long anime they ought to.

Kind of a nice balance of a comedy moment, then the super serious and sad moment of the deaths, then tying it up with a good message and more comedy. Liked it and how it was handled at least.

Is this the show with the catgirl in it?

cnet128

Banned
Noragami 3

That homeless life really doesn't look very comfortable, I can't blame Yukine for being moody or Yato for wanting to get his own place. (Though I'm still not sure how any number of 5-yen coins is going to achieve that XD)

Show is still fairly fun. I kind of wish the plot would actually go somewhere, though I guess it's a bit early to be saying that after three episodes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nobunagun Episode 3:

Hail to the superior Nobunaga sci-fi mash up of oddness. That is a sentence that should not exist and yet here we are. Deuling shows aside this has quickly become one of my favorites of the season, granted this is a weak season but I still like this program well enough. Anyway, it is the standard training episode which served its function and I did find Saint-Germaine rather amusing, not sold on Capra yet. Though it did drag in the middle with interactions with the the regular solders last too long.
Shock upon shock, turns out they were just there for the purposes of pathos, there is very good reason The Venture Brothers knocked the shit out of this trope.
Anyway, I look forward to hearing about the story of The Hurricane.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 32

AW YEAH WE'RE GOIN TO SIDE SIX. Side Six is where everything gets all dramatic and stuff in Mobile Suit Gundam. I mean that's where Amuro meets Char, Lalah, and
his father
and where Mirai runs into her ex. I'm pretty sure Side Six is also where Mirai develops romantic feelings for Sleggar and where Sayla confides in Bright, but I could be wrong.

Point is that Side Six is where the plot picks up again for a bit. They're sort of in a slump after leaving Jaburo.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The first two episodes shattered any knowledge I had of Falcom games.

They are also 3 minutes each which makes it easy to digest.

I like how they have a warning about the warped personalities contained and how different they are from the game, trying to stem off the tides of hatred there.

Mature

Does the Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin graphic novel follow the MSG anime? A friend got me the first two as a gift and i'm enjoying them a lot.

Hunter X Hunter (2011) 21

What does it mean that the Hunter Exam isn't over? Are they going to take away licenses? Or is it more of a metaphorical statement, as in "The real Hunter Exam is what you do as a Hunter"?

Pooya

Noragami - 3

Now that was a real god! Still looks good, it's actually funny moments and at the same time some little things happening in middle of all these, it's never boring. Source material actually seems competent enough so far, I like the main characters and their interactions.

already hyped for next week ^_^

Saki - The nationals - 03

The prefecture level has dropped ? Ah ah ah

AH AH AH AH

i want a scene later where she will savour her victory .

Next week , the good things are starting ...can't wait .

cnet128

Banned
Buddy Complex 3

Events played out fairly predictably in this episode, but it's still pretty engaging to watch. Interested to see where this goes now that
Aoba has seen Hina on the other side, and Hina knows he has some kind of connection to her

Also, this is the second show I've watched this evening where a civilian protag who has been hastily inducted into a military program gets scolded for falling asleep during basic theory lessons, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom