• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also done girls and dreadnaughts before they were a thing. Same with girls and tanks, but we all know about that manga.

Go read it now, the guy published it bilingual!

Oh man do you know where I can get this? I want to give it to my Navy friend and see her reaction.

Akame is heavily action oriented compared to Maou.

True, but maybe they'll up their game or something...

:/

Hopefully they at least get the intimidating psycho eyes right, especially with justice girl.

DQBXQAc.png

Hunter X Hunter (2011) 97

Nice to see all that power displays over the course of two episodes. Granted, in a sense, Phantom Troupe was heroic.... welp.

Meanwhile, as the countdown to the Cell Games continues...

Kokoro Connect 1-5 - Holy shitballs that got intense. I would have had to stop watching if she actually died, that'd be too goddamn depressing.

Tenchi GXP Dub 7

Haha holy shit this is so ridiculous, Tenchi naturally lives with 3 babes and I assume the hot pirate chick and someone else will join this harem group before all is said and done. I usually don't enjoy harem but this is pretty funny so far.

Shergal

If the Maou-sama staff handles Akame there might be a chance of Tetsuya Takeuchi showing up, which in simpler words would mean insane action.

Then again, he didn't even stop by Maou-sama, although he was probably busy with the tits show at that point

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 98

Sticking with plans? Fuck that son! Do you know who I am!?

Chameleon Ant still gives me that Hobo-ish vibe.

Lets see... lets get to 100... no, maybe 102 or 113 and call it a night.

cajunator

Banned
Dance in the Vampire Bund 1-2

This started out like some sort of speculative talk show program discussing the possibility of vampires. Mina is interesting and I can see how this makes people feel uncomfortable but it never even goes as far as for example Bakemonagatari. that OP is still god tier. I recently purchased this from someone but this viewing so far was on netflix. I look forward to seeing where this goes.
also the director obviously loves lens flare.

Quasar

Tenchi GXP Dub 6

The series is really at it's best when Seina's horrible luck just causes the most insane slap stick moments. Also this series better end in a harem end because because there are at least 3 girls who should end up with Seina so far. If this series does a dance around ending and doesn't give an actual winner I'll be furious.

There is one from what I remember. In fact given harem scenarios I'd probably argue its one of the better ends.

lol so basically catch up with the show. THEN you're done haha.

Err that was a typo. It was suppose to be 103. 113 would kill my sleep pattern pretty badly.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 99

Politics! Fuck YEAH

This whole election thing was certainly foreshadowed for the next and currently final arc, the Elections Arc. Ants are too prepared for this shit though.

Quasar

Seitokai Yakuindomo* 3 - Stop the damn teasing of the Tsuda/Shino relationship. You aren't going to do anything with it. Liked this episode. It didn't feel like retold OVA material.

There is one from what I remember. In fact given harem scenarios I'd probably argue its one of the better ends.

tumblr_mm3d53Y8ng1rl6ypdo1_500.gif

Tenchi GXP Dub 8

Pretty funny though Amane's teasing of Seina crossed the line from being funny fan service to annoying fanservice. Also this animation wow did they get lazy, they seriously recycled 90 seconds of animation to play in a video from the episode while still characters watched it.

Also some gxp predictions I made then in toonami gaf so I'll cross post em here for giggles

Erma is either going to die or be space boobs pirate in disguise. Series already established Erma can cloak herself and they continue to show pirate boobs and not Erma in the op/ed. Also the harem's 5th (or 4th) member will be a loli because there's always a loli and would round out the harem nicely.

Kazzy

[Space Dandy] - 3

This was so dumb, which is exactly what I want. It's just so fanciful and playful with how it uses the setting, that it makes for a really enjoyable experience. And to speak to the complaints about it not really being funny - I disagree. It's very humorous in how it portrays everything, if not necessarily something that is going to make you laugh out loud. I like that though, it's just unassuming and part of the fabric of the show, rather than something it continually feels the need to tie everything into.

It's a throwback in many respects, and if it wanted to convey that sense of adventure, and the silliness that brings with it - they've succeeded.

Syrinx

Nichijou 10

I don't know why they play with Mai-chan. She always breaks their games. Also I don't know why they hang out with her in the first place since I think she's a sociopath.

One of the professor's best episodes.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 100

Oh hey, it's The End

Chameleon Ant trying to be a bro. I forgot his role here, but he hasn't really displayed much combat prowess yet.

Cheetahmen wants dat powerup so bad.

cajunator

Banned
Wizard Barristers 01

Cecil is hnnnnnnnnnnnngh
always loved Umetsu style but not his overly violent and sexual story elements. This show tones that down ala Mezzo DSA while still delivering that clearly 90s feel that I love in his work. I like the character designs in general and theres something quite interesting going on under the surface. Too early to say for certain.

Dresden

yowamushi pedal - 15

I can buy into the usual 'I'm going to surpass that mofo' shonen escalation bullshit thanks to all the solid development Onoda has gotten - I believe in his struggle, and I root for him despite everything. It's the emotional core of the show and the thing that sustains it even as the pacing slows down to a crawl.

Oh yeah, fuck this loser. What a saltmine.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 101

There was some bro up in here, and bro moments always get me good.
Killua would've died if he wasn't being a bro to that Octo-Ant.

I will say though, Gon sure is something
his pent up rage is just satisfying, it keeps building up, and he fucking tells you that he'll kill you if you're lying to him... if you're a Chimera ant. The build up to "that" moment fills me with utter glee.

Gazoinks

Rozen Maiden 2013 5

Guess Suigintou is less evil than she initially seemed. Caring for her crazy master. Also, more dolls coming through is probably important. Doesn't seem that hard to move between worlds.

cajunator

Banned
World Conquest Zvezda craziness

Kate is adorable. Venera is a little badass.
I have no idea what the hell is going on but I love it.
The world is conquered already by this bizarre looking group of characters and there are giant monsters that collapse into...squeeballs. well thats awesome.

anyway can somebody please gif Kate falling asleep on her bike? Omgadorable.

Narras

Samurai Flamenco 11

I thought the show would slow down after episode 10. LOL Nope.
Anyways, it looks like Masayoshi is Flamenger Red now, but I hope he returns as Samurai Flamenco. The Samurai Flamenco suit looks so much cooler.

Dance in the Vampire Bund 1-2

This started out like some sort of speculative talk show program discussing the possibility of vampires. Mina is interesting and I can see how this makes people feel uncomfortable but it never even goes as far as for example Bakemonagatari. that OP is still god tier. I recently purchased this from someone but this viewing so far was on netflix. I look forward to seeing where this goes.
also the director obviously loves lens flare.

Someone likes loli vampires. Shinobu not enough for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom