• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
zomg, Iron Chef X Fantasy RPG

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=755948

CAxBqj4.png

TJiRjFp.gif

5kIYJxK.gif

Gr5Sf8B.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
girls and planes has to have them living ontop of a giant blimp or no sale.
But think about it, GuP lasses rode tanks so were the infantry, but lived on a boat which is the navy, so if it a circular relationship the airforce would have to live on the the ground (navy would be in the air).

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 102

Everyone is getting their tango partner ready for the Cell Games, and one disruptive piece appears.

All this prep work for shit to go down. I'm ready

wonzo

Banned
Yowapeda 14-15

yowapeda14.jpg

this dude owns so much

I wish they could swap Manami for the petulant second year. Can't wait to see the first years put that ass in his place like the loser he's destned to be.

Gazoinks

Nodame Cantabile 7
g9n6M0gl.jpg

Science facts with Nodame Cantabile

Concert played out in a relatively predictable way, but that's not really a complaint, as I don't think it would've been better off ending in a different way.

Also, actual playing animation, yay! Still brief though.

First kiss. Sort of. Not really. Still.

I didn't expect to end up enjoying this show as much as I am.

Hunter x Hunter Greed Island Arc

Can't remember what was the last episode # since I just turned off my PS4, but Jesus what a great arc. Gon and Killua continue to be one of the best bromances in anime history. I seriously can't think off the top of my head a better one. This has now beaten Iskandar and anime Harry Potter from Fate Zero. It was so sweet it even made Biscuit cry.

Speaking of Biscuit, my opinion of her completely changed within one episode to the point she's now one of my favorite characters in the show. Hisoga even managed to become extremely likable. The mangaka pulled a Jaime Lannister.

It seems like Gon and Killua continue to get stronger and stronger, but is it just me or does it seem like the further they go the more average the enemies that can beat them in a fight? I mean
the bomber trio didn't seem that special compared to say the Phantom Troupe, but I guess they technically didn't even stand a chance against them. They still don't seem like they do. Kurapika is still really far away from them. Well at least against the Troupe and being able to turn into a Specialized Nen user

Hunter x Hunter Greed Island Arc

It seems like Gon and Killua continue to get stronger and stronger, but is it just me or does it seem like the further they go the more average the enemies that can beat them in a fight? I mean
the bomber trio didn't seem that special compared to say the Phantom Troupe, but I guess they technically didn't even stand a chance against them. They still don't seem like they do. Kurapika is still really far away from them. Well at least against the Troupe and being able to turn into a Specialized Nen user

Pretty much, it's a way to say "hey, these goobers aren't as good as we're making them out to be.", and it gets more blatant with each arc. You're in for a ride with the Chimera Ants though.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 103

I wonder if he can win in a game of Duel Monsters against Yugi?

Geneijin

So this is a great deal.
I dont want these to break like my others though. I took care of them but the plastic wore out over time.
Just do it cajunator. It's the replacement you've been waiting for.

Build Quality:

The X1 is a physical masterpiece in almost every way. Elegant and sleek design paired with a well machined construction puts headphones costing thrice as much to shame. The Fidelio X1 is easily the best looking full sized headphone I have ever laid eyes upon, with no tradeoffs in actual quality. Even the plastic used on the headphone doesn't feel like plastic, but something more akin to ceramic.

The cups are made of said plastic, with a wonderful feel of solidity, which connects to one another via two wires (like the AKG K70x line) encased in metal and strong leather. The open-backed design of the cups are protected via a beautiful mesh pattern/grill, possibly the prettiest of all headphones I've seen. It is tightly knit, which doesn't seem as open as something like the HD650's outer grill, yet it is still undoubtedly and utterly open. The left cup has a 3.5mm input for the audio cable, which makes it convenient, and easy to remove/replace/swap cables. As with all 3.5mm inputs, you'll want to be very careful when attaching/removing the cables.

The headband is a suspension type (again, like the AKG K70x line), which is very soft, and generously padded. It is quite large, covering a lot of head space wherever it rests. Ultimately, it is incredibly comfortable, though it is a bit problematic for larger heads, which I'll explain later.

Next, we have the ear pads. The pads are made of memory foam, covered in velour. This makes them incredibly soft and a bit more breatheable in comparison to leather/pleather pads. It isn't as dense as the K702 65th Anniversary pads, so it doesn't retain quite the same amount of memory foam properties. This makes them seal a little less through the pads, but doesn't trap as much heat as the AKG memory foam pads. They are quite thick, so those sensitive to ears being pressed against the driver enclosures shouldn't have an issue with the X1's pads.

On to the cable. The cable is quite possibly... scratch that, it IS the most beautiful stock cable I have ever seen on any headphone. It's long, cloth covered, thick, and soft/bendable without retaining cable memory. It terminates into a very nice 6.3mm (1/4") jack. As amazing as it looks... you will want to swap it for another cable, which I'll explain later.

- source

Jarmel

Banned
What's wrong with White Fox? I think they did an OK job with Jormungand and pretty good with Hataraku Maou-sama! - the latter even had a few nice action scenes.

They did an absolute shit job with Jormungand. The only reason it was even remotely watchable was due to how strong the manga was.

Jormungand was a barely animated low-budget anime while Maou-sama was well produced.
Even Sonico is several steps above Jormungand.

It's more a question about the budget than about the studio.

Crocodile

[SPOILER
Dresler's motive is simple. He loves Starsha, and she refused his hand unless peace is brought to the Universe. So Dresler is busy conquering all and bring "peace" so he can score. Basically this whole thing is the result of him getting blueballed, and when you're like that for over 100 years...well...I guess you start to lose your mind. Also, he survived by jumping away with his ship (good thing Lord What's-his-name was on the ball right then).

Dresler is
how old
? When was this revealed?

Dresler ejected his portion of the ship just before New Balaras blew up. You can see it if you watch that part of episode 23 again.

Similarly,
pay close attention to his ship blowing up in episode 25 for a neat surprise.

Huh. I'm going to have to rewatch those episodes at some point then.

No dub. As far as I know Voyager is just doing subs (English and Spanish). It's a barebones release, and there will be some minor retailer goodies. Three places to purchase (for now) are the official Star Blazers site, Kinokuniya (possibly in-store too if you have one by you like me), and Rightstuf.

6 volumes
1 volume every two months
4 episodes for volumes 1-5
6 episodes on volume 6

Damn, do they think this is 2004? What a shitty release setup. No dub also makes me :(

Their memories of the journey are the fuel and the modified yamato is the key for restoration

Even as you explain this it doesn't really make sense/sounds super silly. Ah well, I doubt I'm going to get a better answer :p

yes usage of teh wave motion energy killed most of them,garmillas pure blooded are their descendants. And the cosmo reverse system need sacrifices not to mention that it can't restore the dead.

Well I mean the CRS obviously
can bring the dead back to life as seen in the last episode. I'm sure one could argue different circumstances are the reason why it would work in some situations and not others though but I'd appreciate the show addressing it in some way anyway

Anyway thanks to all who tried to answer my questions

Defuser

Jormungand was a barely animated low-budget anime while Maou-sama was well produced.
Even Sonico is several steps above Jormungand.

It's more a question about the budget than about the studio.
They didn't even finish the OP/ED in time for Hataraku Maou Sama until 5 episodes later.

cajunator

Banned
Tonari no Seki-Kun 1-3

This is waaaaaay too much fun for a short gag anime.
Probably one of the most enjoyable things this season so far.

wsippel

Banned
They did an absolute shit job with Jormungand. The only reason it was even remotely watchable was due to how strong the manga was.
The budget for Jormungand was obviously five bucks and a box of Pringles. They can do better if they get enough money.

wonzo

Banned
The budget for Jormungand was obviously five bucks and a box of Pringles. They can do better if they get enough money.
Theoretically any studio could do better with enough money, nor do I see White Fox getting "enough money" for something like Akame ga KILL!

fertygo

I don't think that's how it work mate, each studio have their price tag.. There must be reason why most of thing that WFox produced looked cheap.. Producer like them because their demanding price isn't high. Just like how David Production somehow picked to "animate" JoJo

Defuser

At least I'm satisfied with the fact it wasn't Silver Link or Deen who is animating Akame.

I'm willing to give White Fox the benefit of the doubt, Steins;Gate was a fluke since the source material is damn strong but Hataraku Maou Sama is actually great for an anime which LN name anybody can write it off due to how it was named and its synopsis.

Theoretically any studio could do better with enough money, nor do I see White Fox getting "enough money" for something like Akame ga KILL!
Just like Magi amirite?

BluWacky

I'm willing to give White Fox the benefit of the doubt, Steins;Gate was a fluke since the source material is damn strong but Hataraku Maou Sama is actually great for an anime which LN name anybody can write it off due to how it was named and its synopsis.

The quality of Steins;Gate doesn't have that much to do with the animators, though - that's down to the script. The direction isn't especially interesting (from what I've seen), and the colouring and art in general is divisive. Given that the original VN was a success with nothing but a bunch of still portraits it's hardly surprising that the quality of the animation didn't really add that much to it (I'm not sure that this argument would stand up in the case of some of the lesser bishoujo/H game adaptations like Cabbage Love or, conversely, the Key adaptations, but I think it applies here).

Now Maou-sama does at least have half-decent animation. I can't really speak for any of their other shows, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom