• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Steins;Gate succeeded in spite of White Fox, not because of it.

iLm4UavaZIbae.jpg

Theonik

The above is more a bad director taste than a whitefox problem.
Not that I think whitefox is any good or S;G is at all good either.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 40-48

Kurapika, I loved you before, but that was... breathtaking. A shame Leorio really doesn't know how to use Nen, despite the fact (from OP and ED) we know he's an Emitter.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Hyouka Ep 1
I'm still not as sold on it as many of you are, but I can at least appreciate how it's reasonably well made and structured, especially compared to the average highschool-set anime, even if some of the visual metaphors feel very hamfisted, and Satoshi essentially is a narrator/expositionist for this episode. It's not really necessary to hammer me over the head with the fact Oreki is unmotivated, you know.

oh yeah, the mysteries are still as bland and insipid as i remember, even if the show isn't actually about them as Branduil & Co. say it doesn't reflect that well on the show itself.

This all sounds a bit negative so i'll say i enjoyed this episode overall but am hoping to see improvements.

Tenumi

Banned
DokiDoki Precure: 48

And everything was saved by the power of Love!

...um, not quite. Still one episode to go, and the villians are still kicking, so best buckle up and enjoy the ride. The end game has been a pleasant surprise, at least for me.

cajunator

Banned
SYD still hasn't updated on crunchy android yet. What the fuuuuuuucccckkkkk

Yeah sometimes its up to a day behind on mobile. Weird.

The quality of Steins;Gate doesn't have that much to do with the animators, though - that's down to the script. The direction isn't especially interesting (from what I've seen), and the colouring and art in general is divisive. Given that the original VN was a success with nothing but a bunch of still portraits it's hardly surprising that the quality of the animation didn't really add that much to it (I'm not sure that this argument would stand up in the case of some of the lesser bishoujo/H game adaptations like Cabbage Love or, conversely, the Key adaptations, but I think it applies here).

Now Maou-sama does at least have half-decent animation. I can't really speak for any of their other shows, however.

Steins Gate has a refreshing art style that really stood out to me. I think it worked for the show well. The characters certainly look cute enough.

Hayato got a great looking BD set (meganebu!)
tumblr_mztb5irQF21qbxqfpo1_1280.png

see now this set looks pretty good. Lively and colorful.

Kokoro Connect 6 - Ugh, this is gonna get dark again pretty bad. Aoki is going to try to rape Yui and things are gonna get really awkward. This is a super depressing show.

DokiDoki precure - 48

"I can see the ending"
Right now i cannot even begin to think that it won't end like this :

Mana harem plan suceeded.

Seriously it must happen. Mana tried to , and toei delivered !! An sdburton heroine using her swag power at full untill the end.

Defuser

Chuunibyou S2 ep 3
Another idiot joins the show. First pinky holding now nose nuzzling. What the fuck is this a kids school? Oh wait, I forgot it's chunnibyou

CorvoSol

Hyouka Ep 1
I'm still not as sold on it as many of you are, but I can at least appreciate how it's reasonably well made and structured, especially compared to the average highschool-set anime, even if some of the visual metaphors feel very hamfisted, and Satoshi essentially is a narrator/expositionist for this episode. It's not really necessary to hammer me over the head with the fact Oreki is unmotivated, you know.

oh yeah, the mysteries are still as bland and insipid as i remember, even if the show isn't actually about them as Branduil & Co. say it doesn't reflect that well on the show itself.

This all sounds a bit negative so i'll say i enjoyed this episode overall but am hoping to see improvements.

In the less than 10 episodes I've seen so far my chief complaints are only 1) character design, which I detest, and 2) that everything that has happened so far hinges entirely on the fact that Chitanda is a deplorable moron whose continued survival in spite of her inability to actually think is the only true mystery of the show.

Defuser

Norio Wakamoto as the evil Prime Minister/Borick/Boors please.

Y'all ain't ready for Justice.

I actually want Chiaki Omigawa to voice Seryuu. A perfect fit on how detestable Seryuu is.
And how glorious it would be when she kicks the bucket

DokiDoki precure - 48

"I can see the ending"

Seriously it must happen. Mana tried to , and toei delivered !! An sdburton heroine using her swag power at full untill the end.

I'm still convinced something is going to go bad.

cajunator

Banned
DokiDoki precure - 48

"I can see the ending"

Thats so cute!

It's not going to matter either way if someone doesn't rework the colours~

xikaoq2.jpg

They probably won't, but they should. Can't save the designs, but at least they don't have to be power rangers.

COlor coded for your convenience. I like this art but it does look samey.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kuromajo-san ga Tooru! 1-56

For a show that's fairly light fare it has managed to introduce a decent amount of backstory, and has leaned on it quite a bit more recently. Choco has spent much of the show being useless thus far, but even that's starting to change a little. Not bad.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha Ep2

This is a really good adaption, so sad it's only 10 eps. :(

Y'all should jump on this if you haven't yet, my favorite show so far this season.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 11

Oh I forgot about those four. Huh.

Maybe if Kotake likes Doremi he should stop being such an ass to her. Now she doesn't give a shit about your dumb ass.

Best part was when they were slowly dispersing and Reika just grabbed Momoko and ran. "Help me~!" made that.

And Doremi seemingly lets Hana-chan use magic when it's for her own benefit. Jerk.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 105

More players setting up for the grand invasion that will happen pretty soon.

That
True Leader dude was practically picking waifus from a list. lol. How desperate.

OceanBlue

Y'all should jump on this if you haven't yet, my favorite show so far this season.
I really can't wait until I get home so I can watch this episode. It's pretty early to say this but this is probably my currently most anticipated show.

Branduil

In the less than 10 episodes I've seen so far my chief complaints are only 1) character design, which I detest, and 2) that everything that has happened so far hinges entirely on the fact that Chitanda is a deplorable moron whose continued survival in spite of her inability to actually think is the only true mystery of the show.

I don't think she's dumb outside of that one episode. She's naive and gullible, but that's not exactly the same thing.

cajunator

Banned
it's not . mana will receive an even haxxor power-up for the final episode , and everyone will live happilly ever after.

Gonna post a 6 character harem artwork for the final episode.

I look forward to this

Chuu22-3

This show. Bunch of dogs.

Poor Nibu~
*want to hug

I do think Steins;Gate is certainly the best looking when compared to Robotics;Notes and Chaos;Head.

Not exactly the company of greatness lol.
But yeah its the best of those.

I'd watch it if it seemed like it would be able to get near the manga's current point as that's where the Uka romance is really good, but with 10 episodes it might barely do anything.

cnet128

Banned
Aw yiss, Moenesday the Third is here!

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren 3

So the new girl is...surprisingly supportive of Yuuta's new relationship. Doesn't seem like much of a threat. I guess that's what makes her so dangerous. Beware osananajimis, for they have evil nose-bumping powers.

(It was adorable when
Yuuta did the nose-bumping thing with Rikka
, though. That alone justifies Satone's existence.)

I'd watch it if it seemed like it would be able to get near the manga's current point as that's where the Uka romance is really good, but with 10 episodes it might barely do anything.

Its mine as well. By far my favourite!

I was wondering, there was a new manga chapter this week. Are all 10 episodes already planned out well ahead of time?

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 106

Knov's mission as Solid Snake comes to an end when he comes across their aura, which was enough for him to consider both escaping instead, and breaking the fuck down out of sheer terror. God damn son

Hunter x Hunter 78

Only in anime would offsprings of ants include:
a penguin, a sexy female scorpion, a cow, a turtle with sweet hair, and a radical crocodile bro with gym wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom