• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What
The
Fuck

what in the crap is that gif

there_is_no_need_to_be_upset-4390.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kill la Kill 18

Yo what the fuck.
Ryuko being Satsuki's sister ruins one of my theories, but whatever. Still a pretty great twist. Seems like next episode will mainly involve the Elite Four and Nudist Beach? Sounds good.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Flamenco Episode 8:

Well then, the creators of this programs must be sectioned and placed into the padded cells until they are deemed no longer a menace to society.

e_i

A Letter To Momo

Ugly characters, uglier yokai. Really sweet film. I knew that
that the mother's health would be the climax. Momo is pretty hardcore for going out into a typhoon. I had to laugh at the yokai making a shield for her

Sakura Trick 6

Finally, Beta Couple kissing after all this time.

Haruka and Yuu might as well should've fucked on that kiss. Jesus christ.

The World ThreePi Only Knows S3 END - Finally finished up S3 and left pleasantly surprised. I thought S1 and 2 were "decent," but S3 was considerably better. A little confusing as some characters and events referenced in S3 were apparently drawn from the manga. Overall satisfying finish. Keima ends up less hate-able than before.

Started watching KINMOZA! and about halfway through. Ok I guess. I don't really care for random gag humor. Shows like Nichijou and Yuyushiki just have a really hard time grabbing my attention. KINMOZA seems like slightly less of that. Plus, hearing broken English is always interesting. I also find it funny that they've brought up the Eiffel Tower a few times already in the show. Perhaps the writers are not aware that the Eiffel Tower is not in England? Maybe Big Ben would have been a better choice.

Also, in the spirit of Valentine's Day, does anyone have that picture from Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya where Kyon is giving the club application back to Nagato, but it was Photoshopped to instead be the "I Choo Choo Choose You!" Valentine's card from The Simpsons? That was always good for a laugh.

Midonin

Wake Up, Girls! 06

I-1 is really being played up like the evil empire here. Having that former trainer with them might be good in the short term, but like every arrangement made in this show so far, it seems like there's a price with it.
Airi, no!

Cwarrior

The Anti-Spiral was the villain the show needed, even if it wasn't necessarily the best one.

Anti-Spiral is one the laziest designs & written villian I've seen, really shitty villain they managed to make a more lazy villain then a reverse/dobbleganger evil twin.

His Move set/power is your power is my power(how lazy) and his design is super lazy old faceless villian shadow/dark entity.

Lord Genome was barely even touched on or developed at all but his still a better villan by default.

CorvoSol

Anti-Spiral is one the laziest designs & written villian I've seen, really shitty villain they managed to make a more lazy villain then a reverse/dobbleganger evil twin.

His Move set/power is your power is my power(how lazy) and his design is super lazy old faceless villian shadow/dark entity.

Lord Genome was barely even touched on or developed at all but his still a better villan by default.

Funny I don't remember Simon having the power to freeze time and trap people in liquid space and nightmare zones.

And what the hell even is a reverse doppleganger? A normal person who doesn't look anything like you?

Funny I don't remember Simon having the power to freeze time and trap people in liquid space and nightmare zones.

And what the hell even is a reverse doppleganger? A normal person who doesn't look anything like you?

It's your evil twin from bizarro world who doesn't have a goatee and is actually super nice and shit. He works at a puppy shelter.

CorvoSol

Not a doppleganger, a dobbleganger.

Dude a dobbleganger sounds like some weird mythical British demimonster you'd find making fart jokes in Harry Potter or Doctor Who.

"The dobbleganger's on the wobblydoodle marm, and he's dibbling the vicar's fibblesnaps!"

It's your evil twin from bizarro world who doesn't have a goatee and is actually super nice and shit. He works at a puppy shelter.

THE INHUMANITY.

Midonin

Strike the Blood 18

That bath scene, whew boy. That's a doujin waiting to happen. So, Natsuki appears to have
Last Order'd herself, more or less.
Now I can definitely hear the Kanemoto in her voice. That deep one she was using before was obscuring the tones I'm familiar with hearing. The battles and the nurse outfit continue to be exciting, but that twist at the end. It's going to take a lot of power to turn this around. I am curious what the exact reason for Yukina watching Kojo is. Perhaps that'll be elaborated on next time. Since it's a Part IV, this extra-long arc may be at its end.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Strike the Blood 18

KYUN~!

Dangerous amounts of :DTL in this episode. Aside from that and Sana/Natsuki being adorable, it was mostly a lot of tension-less fighting (rarely did anyone important ever feel like they were in danger), though there were a few plot-advancing moments. Especially
that ending. Now we get to see what a bunch of heroes who rely on magic do when they don't have magic to rely on. My guess? Asagi and her mad hacking skills figure out a way to restore their power. Or something.

Life Form.

Ah, okay. Was confused for a second there.

While I agree that the Anti-Spiral's design wasn't anything spectacular,
(It's a woobly wobbily black thing that looks like a chalkboard stick man come to life) plot-wise, what else could it be that late in the show? It needed to be one big overpowered beast for our heroes to take down in the end.

Besides, we don't know too much about the Anti-Spiral anyway. For all we know, he could be this bastard in disguise. (Madoka Spoilers)

The Anti-Spiral froze time? I don't remember that happening. I think
"Altering Probability
" is what you're looking for there.

Also, Happy birthday to Regulus and Lafiel!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Chuunibyou 1

Because my life was lacking in KyoAni.

Yeah, this is good, as I expected. Not much else to say for the moment, but I know I'm going to enjoy it.

Gintama 97

Explained how Catherine got back with Otose. Good stuff. Was weird when it was like "Oh hai, I'm back!"

Also DOMESTICU VIOLENCU starring Mini-Gin

GaoGaiGar - 15

Pretty intense episode, what with 3G being taken over and all. But then it turns out there was no need to worry,
the deus ex anti-virus software saved the day!

I gotta say though, it was pretty cool seeing a manual combination this time around. Combining in Super Robot shows are almost done manually all the time, and it was not done once in GaoGaiGar until this episode.

Ooh, things look like they're getting more interesting now.
Guy will probably get an insta-revive by Mamarou though.

GaoGaiGar - 16

I was going to call bullshit on
Guy being perfectly fine at first after what happened in last episode, but that was thankfully resolved by him being unable to perform the Hell and Heaven technique. Looks like the last battle still left a scar on Guy.

Also 3G, you should have seen that coming from the start, of course the Zonder will
make the weapon charge rate faster! Zonders amplify everything!

HNNNGGGGH. Hana-chan was too cute in this episode!

Things are definitely picking up steam in this show now. The situations are getting more and more brutal.

Isn't time frozen when Boota goes through that horrible furry fetish stage?

No, they're in the "
space between the 10th and 11th dimension
" as the Anti-Spiral calls it. I don't remember anything being said about frozen time. It's more a space thing than a time thing.

Link Man

Banned
Engaged to the Unidentified 1

idk8uDWOUsKj3.png

Hakuya prepares to give Kobeni a wooden sword.

Cute show, full of charm. Makes me think of Azumanga Daioh a bit, which is definitely a good thing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Chuunibyou 3

KyoAni sure does like shows about high school clubs, huh? :lol Teacher turning the tables on Rikka was great. And Dekomori sure is...interesting. Will be interesting to see how things go now that we have two chuunis.

Strike the Blood 18
This wasn't a particularly eventful episode. They probably could have combined this with the last episode and cut the filler. Natsuki-chan was pretty cute in her back-up persnalities

Strike the Blood Episode 18

Second anime this season with canon bl oriented characters. I wish we could stick around on this boat longer as the scenes were entertaining and pleasing. Kira blushing at the thought of Kojou, and then the handshake and blush, and Kojou and Vatler. Vatler is close to being a perfect character even skills in battle and out of it too.

Now that I dropped Strike the Blood I think I have another day of the week (besides wednesday) where I have nothing major currently airing that I'm watching that day. I think Wednesday has Onee chan ga Kita, but that's like 4 minutes that doesn't count.

Good thing I started Letter Bee. I'm enjoying it so far. I recommend it for anybody who wants to watch another show with a somber tone world. The main characters aren't necessarily the best part of the show, but they aren't bad either.

Unless you really hate how emotional the main character is, he's crying all the time. But he's ultimate nice guy so it doesn't bother me that much. Though I'm struggling to find out whether the author/writer has a loli complex. Because the loli in the show seems to always be trying to show more skin than necessary.

Now that I dropped Strike the Blood I think I have another day of the week (besides wednesday) where I have nothing major currently airing that I'm watching that day. I think Wednesday has Onee chan ga Kita, but that's like 4 minutes that doesn't count.

Good thing I started Letter Bee. I'm enjoying it so far. I recommend it for anybody who wants to watch another show with a somber tone world. The main characters aren't necessarily the best part of the show, but they aren't bad either.

Unless you really hate how emotional the main character is, he's crying all the time. But he's ultimate nice guy so it doesn't bother me that much. Though I'm struggling to find out whether the author/writer has a loli complex. Because the loli in the show seems to always be trying to show more skin than necessary.

That series has my favorite cry babies. I get caught up in it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom