• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

http://www.p3m.jp/

New trailer for the second movie on the site now. The director is Tomohisa Taguchi. The new theme song is "Fate is in our hands" by Lotus Juice. There's some Aegis and doge stuff in the trailer. :)

87DiOrr.jpg

Defuser

Kill La Kill ep 18

Goddamn, that was one hell of a mega twist but I kinda expected that when Satsuki explained her story for revenge and damn I was right.

Hunter x Hunter 77

This is giving me Alien vibes. 50 episodes of this seems like a bit much.

The Ant Arc is not a real "arc" but three, four if we count the king of long epilogue it has.

First arc, spoilers up to episode 85
the ants appear, they start to expand, they start fighting them, ends with the protagonists running away and leaving Kaito behind.
Second arc,
training and return arc, Biske reappears briefly, new characters like Shoot and Palm and Knuckle, new allies and enemies, they got again inside enemy territory, they fight, scout, find Meleoron and Ikalgo, they plan ahead, while the King has his character development.
Third arc, the battle
setup of the big fight, and the fight itself. Multi-staged, multi-character, with several plot threads, so it's not a simple fight.
Fourth arc, epilogue (spoilers obviously!). In the manga
, even counting the Election Arc as a separate entity, there are a few chapters about the few ants still alive, about what people learnt with this, about the new Kaito, and a chapter dedicated to the King and Komugi.

Kill la Kill - 18

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Second

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Even if the twist of the real baddie being at a superior level was expected (and there is obvious similarities with Gurren Lagann here
with her being a servant of an alien lifeform so powerful she chose to serve because it was hopeless to fight against
), it was still well done and executed. She is really bad and inhuman!
experimenting with and throwing out his son!
The episode is a climatic revolt straightening things out and it's brilliantly finished showing how powerful is the enemy and how much is Satsuki below them, even after all her preparations, to make the rest of the series really epic, GL style. And the finishing touch, the origins of Ryuko, ties all together into an awesome and fitting plot twist.

CorvoSol

She still doesn't have shit on Genome though.

I think Lordgenome had a lot of gravitas, his slouch of villainy and subsequent berserking stuff, but I don't think Ragyo's gotten to that point yet. Kinda hard to compare a villain we saw go through his whole arc to one who is only getting started.

Also nothing could shake Simon after Kamina, unlike Ryuuko who gets legit shook after everything.

True, but Ryuuko isn't even the main character. Satsuki is.

Defuser

Chunnibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren ep 6

Man, airing this episode near Valentine's day kinda suck hard on those people are single.

fertygo

I think Lordgenome had a lot of gravitas, his slouch of villainy and subsequent berserking stuff, but I don't think Ragyo's gotten to that point yet. Kinda hard to compare a villain we saw go through his whole arc to one who is only getting started.

You act like Genome always had many screentime before eps 15, most of the time we just seeing his silhouette.

CorvoSol

You act like Genome always had many screentime before eps 15, most of the time we just seeing his silhouette.

I don't think a villain needs to be physically active for him to function properly. Sauron isn't ever present in the Lord of the Rings and he's still no slouch. So Lordgenome languishing atop his tower works.

Witch craft works

Wow, Little sister is damn obsessive, isn't she? Still wondering what the deal with Hime's orange form is, as well as why she spared Medusa.

Looking forward to seeing where this one goes. Tempted to just read the manga, but I think i'll hold off a bit here.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 122 (engDub)
tumblr_n0zufxaAz71qbxqfpo1_500.png

Tournament is legit heating up with Naoki's Break Time in full display. It was amazing. I also like one of his cards ceremonial bonfire, eradicator castor. Cool name.

Him winning was easily best moment of the arc, this is like his first time. Second fight they will lose just so Aichi can cardfight!! Ren, I bet

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Kill La Kill episode 18
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Midonin

Kill La Kill 18

Trying to avoid being spoiled yesterday and all these delays is a drawback I have to deal with from time to time, I suppose.
The idea that they're sisters have never occurred to me before this point, but thinking about it, it makes a lot of sense in context. Dashes some of my shipping, though. Even if they're half-sisters. But I'm also okay with Satsuki/Nonon and RyuMako. Those are the real pairings. Anyway, Mako and her family continue to be great, and while this episode certainly had a lot of action, it wouldn't have felt as important as it did without all the buildup beforehand. Curious where exactly the series is going to go from here.

I don't think a villain needs to be physically active for him to function properly. Sauron isn't ever present in the Lord of the Rings and he's still no slouch. So Lordgenome languishing atop his tower works.

A better example would be the Anti-Spiral.
We don't even see it until the second-to-last episode in TTGL and it functioned pretty damn good. There was a legit sense of despair coming from the Mugann, the Rossiu corruption, and everything else that happened in TTGL all because of the Anti-Spiral's influence on Lordgenome in the beginning.

If there ever were to be a third TTGL movie, It should be a prequel focusing on how the Anti-Spiral became who they were. Because they did say they were once a Spiral race themselves. Or at least an OVA.

Really the one true pairing right here.
Monkey x Satsuki, too!

Don't you people forget about
Nonon X Inumuta!

fertygo

A better example would be the Anti-Spiral.
We don't even see it until the second-to-last episode in TTGL and it functioned pretty damn good. There was a legit sense of despair coming from the Mugann, the Rossiu corruption, and everything else that happened in TTGL all because of the Anti-Spiral's influence on Lordgenome in the beginning.

If there ever were to be a third TTGL movie, It should be a prequel focusing on how the Anti-Spiral became who they were. Because they did say they were once a Spiral race themselves. Or at least an OVA.

But we discussing good villain here, not the shite one.

But we discussing good villain here, not the shite one.

The Anti-Spiral was the villain the show needed, even if it wasn't necessarily the best one.

Lordgenome was definitely a better villain than the Anti-Spiral.
He was forced to commit horrible atrocities to his fellow man for noble goal. The mark of a true villain. The Anti-Spiral was pretty much the same thing, but on a much bigger universal scale to a point where you couldn't care about what they thought. I just thought that the Anti-Spiral fit the better example of a not usually active villain.

Jarmel

Banned
Lordgenome was definitely a better villain than the Anti-Spiral.
He was forced to commit horrible atrocities to his fellow man for noble goal. The mark of a true villain. The Anti-Spiral was pretty much the same thing, but on a much bigger universal scale to a point where you couldn't care about what they thought. I just thought that the Anti-Spiral fit the better example of a not usually active villain.

Lord Genome was definitely a hot blooded type of villain who oozes charisma. Anti-Spiral though was sort of the opposite in that his/its actions were very calculated and thought out.

Link Man

Banned
Kill la Kill 18

Well, that happened. Unfortunately, it was pretty much the only thing that happened. Other than the twist and the exposition, it was mostly just pointless action.

Hattori

Banned
KLK 18
Well that escalated quickly...
Satsuki being an onee-sama is quite fitting of her personality and Ryuuko being a hot headed imouto. I pretty much saw it coming midway through the episode but it was still a nice twist and one I'm okay with.

Midonin

No-Rin 06

Business is fun up until you get egg on your face. I loved the first half of the episode. More focus on Yoshida, Money Kanegami's crazy schemes, and just about everything to do with the "Moe Egg" idea. The fourth-wall jabs at the LN artist were fun, and hearing Yukarin speak lines like that is amazing. The way everyone was so seriously invested in it, that's what makes for some fine blue comedy.

...and then everything went :DTL up the wazoo again. That entire second half with those mushrooms. Something for everyone in this show. And hey, we got to see more of Becky again. She hasn't been getting a lot of screentime lately.

Tokyo ravens - 18..

Tokyo ravens is at its best when they have serious fights or they go all the way toward the cute..
anything in between is bad or average.
thankfully this episode had some pretty cool moments

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Flamenco Episode 7:

I had heard this show had gotten stupider, it had gone off the rails and is now ready for a very long stay at Arkham Asylum, but sometimes you can not prepare for how true that statement is.

Vecks

Silver Spoon 6

They could have at least left him a note with the teacher. But I suppose it demonstrates that silence can be painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom