• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

For Firehawk:

nhGgVR3l.jpg

Defuser

Log Horizon ep 20
This show...THIS SHOW... why is this show so good in terms of making full good use of it's MMO elements? Shiroe just divided by zero with his hax lawyer skills , the music accompanying the contract signing was appropriate and fantastic.

M9d3GmO.png

Lenessia looks so damn cute blushing for Krusty.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Flamenco Episode 15:

The creators of this show are eally in love with escalation and they also still need to be sectioned.

So I feel very stupid right now. Toriko was licensed and given an English dub for America, a year ago? I am super late with this news. I heard there even in the episode 50's already.

Out of curiosity, is it doing good in the US if anyone knows?

Articalys

If you've missed any of the myriad of special Valentine's Day illustrations from websites, illustrators, and the like, ANN has been assembling them into a couple galleries here and here.

Midonin

Nisekoi 06

While I can "hear" my favorite voice actresses speaking English in my head just from getting used to the cadences of their voice, it takes me by surprise when they actually speak it. Nao Toyama's English here was pretty good. Figures that just after Chitoge opens the floodgates and reveals the true nature of their relationship, another candidate comes calling. Cute episode, if a bit transitory.

CorvoSol

Dog Soldier

Shuutarou Mendou fights to save the world from waves of STD carrying biotroopers. Amusing for the concept alone and for the general incompetence of the main players, but that's about it. Borderline List material.

WEAPONIZED STDs, that's important. And also the only thing I remembered from that movie. I think maybe the girl had a thing for the villain, too? I don't remember. Too much of that movie blurred into other OVAs of similar tone.

Oh god Samurai Flamenco is amazing.

I'm ashamed I ever stopped watching it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Chuunibyo Ren 6

Lack of stupid magic girl made this tolerable. She adds nothing. I thought there was supposed to be a big focus around her.

jman2050

Nisekoi 6

I think this episode shows the glimpses of why some people find this manga so infuriating.

It's hilarious.

Next episode you-know-who awwww yeah

Log Horizon Episode 20

Fantastic episode though so wordy and such. Also thats some pretty steep requirements
Not only to be high scribe level but also have to have the writer paper and pen?

I want Tohya to get that good someday.

Log Horizon - 20

I sort of saw that coming but at the same time it opens up even more potential for the show. I swear this show has so much to play with that it could last as long as something like Naruto or Bleach while at the same time not being plagued with filler.

Or maybe I'm being a little too optimistic. It definitely feels like it needs at least another 25 episodes series bolted on to it though, they've barely scratched the surface so far.

Nisekoi Episode 6 – Borrowing and Lending
BgiQMBGCMAAIXGp.png

Definitely one of the reasons I stuck with Nisekoi manga for so long, just these moments alone for Raku make it worth the bad times. He always ends up with scenes that look way more refined, sophisticated, and attractive than the disco ball geometric shapes filled chitoge and etc scenes. Plot felt standstill.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Flamenco Episode 16:

Well, that was a rather intense episode, real hero lowest point stuff.
I still don't like Mari even though she I suppose stopped being such a huge-mega bitch, Moe really is too good for her.

Nafe

Happy Belated Birthdays to Regulus Tera and Lafiel.

---

I happened to watch episode 39 of Gintama on Valentine's. Not technically a Valentine's episode really but just seeing how it focused on some character development between Katsura and the ramen shop owner, Ikumatsu, and what she had been through and how they got closer was interesting.

I thought it was another good episode of Gintama. When Katsura is on the run and not paying attention and then he accidentally grabs Ikumatsu's bra from the laundry. The way Akira Ishida responds with his "Konbanwa" before she hits him made me actually laugh a little. I think of all the character roles I've heard Akira Ishida do the voice for, Katsura is my favorite.

---

So I don't think I ever asked, how many were fans of Servant x Service here?

I personally liked Servant x Service as well. I haven't watched Working yet so I can't really make any comparisons there.

R.I.P. Nafe. ;__;

I'm still here. I was just busy.

Haha, I think I like firehawk's the best actually.

I.....don't know what you mean.

I still have the tab open. I can save it for future blackmailing purposes. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom