• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
World Conquest Zvezda Plot Episode 6
tumblr_n11x3tOFze1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Odin ftw. Treasure scene was way too long but the plot is finally going places. Could be a fun arc if it can be long or so.

Mr.Jeff

It's clear the cards also represents our top 8 AnimeGAF bachelors
Well as most people spotted, I started with Corvo's because it was perfect and it went from there. As they went on though it became harder and harder to think of something pithy so rather than try and force tonnes of cards for everyone, I quit while I was ahead.

Yesterday I caved in so hard and bought:

-Baccano series blu-ray (apparently out of print right now, but not horribly priced at other places besides Amazon). Though the downside of not buying in Amazon is that it probably won't ship till like late next week.

- Black Lagoon whole series+ Roberta's Blood Trail blu-ray (because I love this series)

- Cowboy Bebop the Movie on blu-ray [as i wait for actual series to come out]

- Redline on blu-ray (already one of the best animated movies, and no longer HD on youtube. Plus really cheap)

Waiting for certain films to lower in price/appear on blu ray (Spirited Away, Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke, Sword of the Stranger, Vampire Hunter D, Wolf's Brigade). I don't think the last two will get blu-ray editions :'(

Also waiting for other series to lower price, like Fate Zero and Steins Gate (it'd cost me close to 160 to own the whole series plus the movie also it's not sold as a boxset).

Midonin

World Conquest 06

White Light taking a more active role in things, and the sheer ludicrousness of Zvezda slinking into an ordinary school with only the barest minimum of attempts to disguise themselves is hilarious. Suddenly Mashiro going to high school is not the craziest thing this season.

Vecks

Log Horizon 20

Well, that was a quick war. Was hoping for a bit more action since it's war and all, but I liked how the story went with Rudy. Didn't expect that
scribe
thing to come back in that way.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Flamenco Episode 17

So this is what the fevered dreams of rambling power the are hold in the mind of Shinzo Abe. Also I never thought I would see a show out-crazy Tengan Toppa Gurran Lagan and yet here we are.

Log Horizon 20

God damn man, Shiroe just became even more OP. He figured out a way to
use his scribe skills for this ultimate contract magic that can even turn people of the land into adventurers
who knows how else he'll use this skill? I can't wait. Besides that seems
the war
is over. It wasn't very long and I'm kind of sad Shiroe's part was very minimal besides the initial strategy meeting and coordinating from the camp. But I guess this wasn't such a massive threat he was needed so much.

Next episode looks like we'll have a celebration ball and nice shipping material for fans. Also it looks like
Akatsuki gets a romantic based episode seeing the episode title
. Which is well deserved, she hasn't gotten shit. Can't wait for next week.

But stop ending so soon freaking episodes.

It took me a while to realize that because Shiroe is a support class and a genius, that this show would focus so heavily on the side characters as well since a support class wouldn't make for very exciting anime I guess? I disagree, but I like the expanded cast.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 20

Why is this show so gooood.
So Rudy's an adventurer now. Which brings up the question of what will happen when the adventurers leave the world. Hmmm.

My only worry right now is if this show will have a satisfying conclusion. 'Cause we're, what, six episodes away from the end and we still don't really know anything about why they ended up here or how they'll get out. Second season please.

Log Horizon 20

God damn man, Shiroe just became even more OP. He figured out a way to
use his scribe skills for this ultimate contract magic that can even turn people of the land into adventurers
who knows how else he'll use this skill? I can't wait. Besides that seems
the war
is over. It wasn't very long and I'm kind of sad Shiroe's part was very minimal besides the initial strategy meeting and coordinating from the camp. But I guess this wasn't such a massive threat he was needed so much.

Next episode looks like we'll have a celebration ball and nice shipping material for fans. Also it looks like
Akatsuki gets a romantic based episode seeing the episode title
. Which is well deserved, she hasn't gotten shit. Can't wait for next week.

But stop ending so soon freaking episodes.

It took me a while to realize that because Shiroe is a support class and a genius, that this show would focus so heavily on the side characters as well since a support class wouldn't make for very exciting anime I guess? I disagree, but I like the expanded cast.

Unless I'm mistaken the episode title is referring to
Rudy joining Log Horizon via contract.

Log Horizon 20

Why is this show so gooood.
So Rudy's an adventurer now. Which brings up the question of what will happen when the adventurers leave the world. Hmmm.

My only worry right now is if this show will have a satisfying conclusion. 'Cause we're, what, six episodes away from the end and we still don't really know anything about why they ended up here or how they'll get out. Second season please.

Apparently sells haven't been too stellar, so we may have to continue this series in light novel form. Fucking animu, what not enough little girls in sexual innuendo situations? :'(

As to the satisfying conclusion, I assume they won't start anything major arc-wise. They might do a mini arc that lasts 2-4 episodes, seeing how there will probably be 1-2 episodes of them just talking and moving the economy forward. Which I don't mind that's where the show shines.

Gazoinks

Apparently sells haven't been too stellar, so we may have to continue this series in light novel form. Fucking animu, what not enough little girls in sexual innuendo situations? :'(

As to the satisfying conclusion, I assume they won't start anything major arc-wise. They might do a mini arc that lasts 2-4 episodes, seeing how there will probably be 1-2 episodes of them just talking and moving the economy forward. Which I don't mind that's where the show shines.

Well, it's probably more important that it's helping sell the LN. Have they released anything on that?

It'll end on a satisfying conclusion ..but it's too soon to talk about endings , because there is another arc left to animate.

Just trust me on this one ... you have 5 excellent episodes left to enjoy..

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 19

640px-Epilogue_ep44.png

Good comedy at the beginning of the episode involving Riko cooking. Great to see Alex and the english is pretty good.
We get a little bit of :SDBurton from her appearance also.
Aomine becomes Kuroko's personal coach and can't wait to see him shoot in the future. Really surprised they didn't put the Momoi joke into it because she also takes part in Kuroko's training

Well, it's probably more important that it's helping sell the LN. Have they released anything on that?

Nobody has officially licensed it yet.

It'll end on a satisfying conclusion ..but it's too soon to talk about endings , because there is another arc left to animate.

Just trust me on this one ... you have 5 excellent episodes left to enjoy..

Hey that's awesome for me. More Shiroe being awesome is always great.

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 44
BgihCa5CAAEx_pk.png

First half was pretty painful with many scenes that suggested why the series is on a downward trend in reception this season. Hopefully they can avoid it further by kicking Alex out the plot.

Koga's english was fantastic, while the Aomine Kuroko smiling private lessons scene was my favorite. Good break from the hardcore basketball tourney.

CorvoSol

Corvo is Barney
Kayos is Hans Moleman
Cnet is Moe
Kirby is Comic Book Guy
Firehawk is Professor Frink
Duckroll is Otto
BGBW is Sea Captain
Lafiel is Disco Stu

There is a terrifying truth behind what was said here. Not an obvious one, nor even really much of one, but gosh that's uncanny.

WHAT, fix this. Fix this right now!

I did, I did! I'm up to date on it. I just regret that at one point I had dropped it.

phaze

They didn't have them all along. They're completed and mentioned once near the last episodes of the tv show. Although I can't remember if that was just in the Director's Cut version of the episodes of if it was in the originals too.

Ahh figures, if they were in the originals then I must have missed/forgotten it.

5 Centimeters Per Second
vzzqCO2.png

This gorgeous, gorgeous movie gave me depression. Thanks Shinkai. ;_;

Show is NUTS.

Yup, thats why its my favorite anime of all time.
Was such an amazing experience, nearest anything else has ever come for me was the final stretch of Steins;Gate which is still a distance away.

Higurashi just had an interest and enjoyability other shock shows don't have imo.

cnet128

Banned
Nisekoi 6

It's kind of depressing to think that (manga spoilers)
Onodera resolved to confess her feelings to Raku all the way back here, and she still hasn't got around to it nearly a hundred chapters later. But at the same time, I agree with her that I don't really mind if she doesn't manage just yet, because their relationship right now is plenty sweet enough <3

...Also when Onodera and Ruri were having their whole plan of action conversation, I couldn't help making mental comparisons to a great Onodera doujin I read recently XD But I guess that's neither here nor there >.>

Anyway, next week's episode should be fun =D A new challenger appears!

Link Man

Banned
World Conquest Zvezda Plot 6

ipDKNpBiOFJ4E.png

Fun episode once again, but
obvious trap is obvious
. I must admit that my heart melted a bit when Kate's voice cracked.

Nisekoi 6
Also from the ending, it was a very uneventful episode, Chitoge putting on such a tsundere act and Onodera failing to confess
Best girl incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom