• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

[World Conquest] - 6

This show is like really really weird but also surprisingly internally consistent.

Articalys

New announcement from the Katsucon Aniplex US panel:

Nekomonogatari Black finally has a release date set for April 22 on Blu-ray. Preorders open on Feb. 18.

Serious

But Onodera is boring.

WAIT

Why am I arguing about this I don't even like Nisekoi that much.

Onodera is very cute, and that's about it. She has almost no character or personality besides being in love with the MC. Her feelings towards Raku, and more importantly her character dynamic and general sorts of interactions with Raku haven't really changed since episode 1, and from everything I've heard, it's never going to change. And it's not even a fun dynamic, it's just infuriating to watch, in regards to both Raku and Onodera.

I don't especially love Chitoge either, but she's enjoyable to watch and there's at least some room for development.

Articalys

Another Aniplex US annoucement:

Nekomonogatari White is coming out as a Blu-ray set on June 24! Same preorder start date as Neko Black.

edit: turnaround time of 7 months from the last JP BD for the arc... not bad.

Articalys

Article for both Nekomonogatari annoucements:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...s-nekomonogatari-black-and-white-blu-ray-sets
blackzoom.jpg

MSRP $65, Right Stuf $50
No commentaries, I presume?
Don't believe so, no.

edit: okay, specs are:
http://aniplexusa.com/nekomonogatariblack/
Neko Black said:
■BAKEMONOGATARI Digest Video
■MONOGATARI Series 2nd Season Trailer
■Textless Opening and Ending
■Deluxe Booklet
■Pinup Postcard Set
■Packaging Illustrated by AKIO WATANABE (chatacter designer)
http://aniplexusa.com/monogatarisecondseason/
Neko White said:
■"Omnibus 1" Video (approx 25min)
■Textless Opening and Ending
■On Air Version Textless Ending
■PV & CM Collections
■Deluxe Booklet
■Pinup Postcard Set
■Packaging Illustrated by AKIO WATANABE (chatacter designer)
So yep, no commentaries.

cajunator

Banned
The best

Switch Firehawk with Kayos and you have the top 3 in a row.

Yuno <3
Theyre all pretty good except Kayos' is a bit ehh.

Yesterday I got two valentines:

1) From the campus pity people who were givin' 'em out to make sure I wasn't a Ralphie.

2) From Dominos Pizzas.

Whats a valentine?

Well as most people spotted, I started with Corvo's because it was perfect and it went from there. As they went on though it became harder and harder to think of something pithy so rather than try and force tonnes of cards for everyone, I quit while I was ahead.

Was that you who followed me on twitter names MrJeff?

Yesterday I caved in so hard and bought:

-Baccano series blu-ray (apparently out of print right now, but not horribly priced at other places besides Amazon). Though the downside of not buying in Amazon is that it probably won't ship till like late next week.

- Black Lagoon whole series+ Roberta's Blood Trail blu-ray (because I love this series)

- Cowboy Bebop the Movie on blu-ray [as i wait for actual series to come out]

- Redline on blu-ray (already one of the best animated movies, and no longer HD on youtube. Plus really cheap)

Waiting for certain films to lower in price/appear on blu ray (Spirited Away, Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke, Sword of the Stranger, Vampire Hunter D, Wolf's Brigade). I don't think the last two will get blu-ray editions :'(

Also waiting for other series to lower price, like Fate Zero and Steins Gate (it'd cost me close to 160 to own the whole series plus the movie also it's not sold as a boxset).

Good stuff! I still need to rebuy Baccano on BR. Only have on DVD.
I recently ordered like 300$ worth of animu but its some great stuff.

Recently , my sister is not even aware that she is still cursed by bad luck for plot sake - 07

ImoCho%20-%2007.jpg

Ad-lib it !

This is exactly what this show is , a premise by episode , then they stopp the writting and they watch the stupidity happenning .
Why did you even try the sports clubs since you can't , worse you have this "belt" preventing you from acting normal ?

"We don't care , we'll just ad-lib it !"

And the result is this mess.

Lurky

Sekai Seifuku 6

Kate's voice is so damn cute and Roboko got some good screen-time this episode. Still needs more Natasha though. This episode felt a little bit show to me but that end has me pretty hyped for next week. Also, I really don't like Miki despite the fact that she's hot.

There are plenty of tolerable tsunderes outside of the burning tirefire of the romcom genre or even anime.

I guess Emi from Hataraku Maou counts as well, but that's about it.

If we're talking out of anime, well sure. I know a person with Borderline Personality disorder that I'm really good friends with.

Article for both Nekomonogatari annoucements:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...s-nekomonogatari-black-and-white-blu-ray-sets

Don't believe so, no.

edit: okay, specs are:

So yep, no commentaries.
One thing about france that i hate is that despite our love of anime , nobody has licensed bakemonogatari yet...

I'm seriously quite confused by this fact.

EDIt someone just told me that it was indeedlicensed but ...i have a hard time finiding a proper blu-ray or dvd of it in regular stores.

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 36

Episode of Chiffon being the most adorable thing ever. It's official, Chiffon has at this point surpassed Porun to become the most adorable mascot in Precure history. When she
stood up and took her first steps
I think I almost fainted from the sheer heartmeltingness.

Also in this episode, Northa makes her first attempt on the Cures, showing off her own personal new monster-of-the-week variety. Called Sorewatase (perhaps the biggest offender yet on the names-it's-impossible-to-take-seriously chart), they are apparently grown from creepy plants that she waters with liquid human misery. Yeah. They're also, predictably enough, significantly stronger than mere Nakiwameke, and the Cures needed a bit of Chiffon-ex-machina interference for their attacks to even work on it. From the title of the next episode, I can only presume this interference is about to get converted into a proper powerup/attack upgrade of some sort.

cajunator

Banned
This would have made for a good Christmas Avatar for me,haha.

It has one of the better Hyouka girls in it so yes.

The ichigo 100% syndrome.

I havent heard from that show in forever it seems.

This is an important confluence of my interests.

Why do mech shows always have bizarre names?

Nisekoi 1

This is sort of the worst thing ever! Onodera >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shitoge

Once again you show how awesome your tastes are in stuff.

GaoGaiGar - 24

I found myself skipping through the first half of the episode as it was mostly just a clever way to implement a clip show while putting in some foreshadowing.

Did I ever mention how much Mikoto looks like Noriko from Gunbuster? I dunno they just look so similar. By the time I'm finished this show I may end up coming up with plot theories connecting both franchises because of this lol.

It's about time this purple-haired kid got some exposition. I mean, the kid is freakin invincible to Zonder attacks, and he freaking attacked Pizza using psychic.

So....
Mic's special ability is to become a rock n roll robot. Aww yeah.

survivor

Banned
Oniisama e 7

Well that ending bit was grimmer than I expected, wonder if it will parallel to what will happen to Saint-Juste. But on another note Nanako and Tomoko are finally best friends again, suck on that Mariko.

I havent heard from that show in forever it seems.
When i watched ichigo 100% i was a fool and i was naive i went in with a limited knowledge of anime at the time and expectations that it would be a nice story ...

And then i met the padding oh god the horrible padding , so many stupid way to keep the show going it trully disgusted me...

Now thanks to this experience i can laugh at nisekoi and trully enjoy an anime like golden time where thing are actually progressing at a steady pace and where the setback from the cast are only used as a mean to push everyone forward in one direction for the greatter good.

But no Ichigo 100% is a painfull mark in my mind one of the few time when i was niave when i said out loud "is the writter serious ?" i don't even think i finished this anime/manga

--------------
Finally found out why i can't find bakemonogatari blu-ray in france ... someone took thelicense 13 months ago and hasn't released a thing since .... Well gonna import on the uk then I wonder if teh Uk got nekomonogatari black ... they haven't yet ?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oniisama e 7
Well that ending bit was grimmer than I expected, wonder if it will parallel to what will happen to Saint-Juste. But on another note Nanako and Tomoko are finally best friends again, suck on that Mariko.
That reminds me, AnimeSols did their crowdfunding for the second box set and it passed. I didn't even know they had done it.

I'm hoping they play on selling these sets eventually... I mean, they still haven't sent out the first sets yet.

Vito

Banned
Arararagi's upper body incredible. Nice booklet.

I think you can find scans of the booklets, too bad after Bakemonogatari they dropped the commentaries and lost me as a customer.

Aniplex already has the series sites updated:
http://www.aniplexusa.com/nekomonogatariblack/
http://www.aniplexusa.com/monogatarisecondseason/

Yep, looks like a set of 2 OVAs.

A buddy of mine (https://twitter.com/yoshi_xtsu) speculated there might be four based on the covers.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Chuunibyou 7

Yo, so going into this show, I didn't expect things to get as heavy as they are. Damn.
So Rikka's chuunibyou-ness is a defense mechanism to keep her from having to deal with her father's death. Damn. Honestly was not expecting something like that
. On a happier note, Nibutani and Dekomori's ongoing feud continues to be hilarious.

Branduil

I guess Emi from Hataraku Maou counts as well, but that's about it.

If we're talking out of anime, well sure. I know a person with Borderline Personality disorder that I'm really good friends with.

My avatar is tsundere.

The problem is when tsundere is a trope you slap a character design on top of instead of being a part of a well-rounded character.

CorvoSol

Whats a valentine?

A miserable pile of chocolates!

GaoGaiGar - 24

I found myself skipping through the first half of the episode as it was mostly just a clever way to implement a clip show while putting in some foreshadowing.

Did I ever mention how much Mikoto looks like Noriko from Gunbuster? I dunno they just look so similar. By the time I'm finished this show I may end up coming up with plot theories connecting both franchises because of this lol.

It's about time this purple-haired kid got some exposition. I mean, the kid is freakin invincible to Zonder attacks, and he freaking attacked Pizza using psychic.

So....
Mic's special ability is to become a rock n roll robot. Aww yeah.

Oh man I forgot all about Mic Sounders.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hajime no Ippo episode 18
Was pretty good, had some hype moments and more pushing that ippo vs miyata, and finally ending on hype for takamura's match, hell yes.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi - The Secret of the Frog Stone

This film was too short in my opinion, 26 minutes was too short for it, there were plot points coming up left right and centre but they didn't have enough time to sink in. For example
Aiko's fear of Doremi's grandfather being related to the death of her grandmother came completely out of nowhere.
Also Doremi's Dad and Grandfather
having tensions with each other
was only touched very briefly, it could've been expanded further if there was more time.

The story itself is interesting enough, about two star-crossed lovers that were going to meet each other but
through unfortunate circumstances died before they met each other again. With the woman commiting suicide and then having a magic frog crying at her side, hence the Frog Stone mentioned in the title.
This leads the Ojamajo to investigate the mountain and find out the secrets behind the story.

It alludes to the relationship between the story and the Witch World quite a bit, with the
powers getting weakened on a night with a smiling moon (That being the signal for human travel to Witch World)
and the Frog Stone itself being of a
Magic Frog like Majo Rika

What the problem was when they finally reached the Frog Stone and Zenjuro appeared in the cave.
I felt like the whole scene was incredibly creepy with the whole "I'll be Mayuri for you" was quite uncomfortable to watch. It could have easily been solved with Doremi's grandfather just revealing it was him in the first place instead of that happening.

I just didn't feel the movie very much at all. I do wonder how it could be related to the plot later on in the series.
I'm not sure what exactly it could be related to anything though.

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 03

So Seiji is aware of their powers, and will be helping out. That's more than Daisuke ever got. Though at the same time, Blue lays out that when you're a Precure, love is forbidden. A bit more merch (a phone thing), but mostly, this opens up the path to the yuri route so hard. My goggles are ready and powered up to the ultimate maximum. I wish that Samurai Flamenco mode hadn't been longer than one CGI attack - I want to see that thing fight, it looks cool - but it is nice seeing form changes implemented in some way.

Next week: Hime transfers to school and plans to get 100 friends. Just like Yamada.

Also, KnightBuster correctly guessed that this week's cameo would be Passion. I don't know what the odds of that are.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi - The Secret of the Frog Stone

This film was too short in my opinion, 26 minutes was too short for it, there were plot points coming up left right and centre but they didn't have enough time to sink in. For example
Aiko's fear of Doremi's grandfather being related to the death of her grandmother came completely out of nowhere.
Also Doremi's Dad and Grandfather
having tensions with each other
was only touched very briefly, it could've been expanded further if there was more time.

The story itself is interesting enough, about two star-crossed lovers that were going to meet each other but
through unfortunate circumstances died before they met each other again. With the woman commiting suicide and then having a magic frog crying at her side, hence the Frog Stone mentioned in the title.
This leads the Ojamajo to investigate the mountain and find out the secrets behind the story.

It alludes to the relationship between the story and the Witch World quite a bit, with the
powers getting weakened on a night with a smiling moon (That being the signal for human travel to Witch World)
and the Frog Stone itself being of a
Magic Frog like Majo Rika

What the problem was when they finally reached the Frog Stone and Zenjuro appeared in the cave.
I felt like the whole scene was incredibly creepy with the whole "I'll be Mayuri for you" was quite uncomfortable to watch. It could have easily been solved with Doremi's grandfather just revealing it was him in the first place instead of that happening.

I just didn't feel the movie very much at all. I do wonder how it could be related to the plot later on in the series.
I'm not sure what exactly it could be related to anything though.

The grandfather thing is important, at least.

HappinessCharge! Precure 3

There was dog abuse up in here. Wow.

Anywho, Seiji to be the most useful side male in the franchise confirmed. Got his own pink phone of justice. Jesus, he already styled and profile on a lot of male characters.

Was pretty much a showing of Lovely being a hardcore badass, completely wrecking the fuck out of things. Like good lord, It almost reminds me of Cure Marine showing up Cure Blossom because the other one is incompetent at fighting.

I guess we have a good idea for how CG will be used, so AikatsuCure might be dead after all.
At the same time, probably disappointing for future uses.

Also romance is forbidden! Hahahaha! That's like... unexpected given the writer was previously on Yes! 5. Oh well, as long as Seiji and Megumi are pretty much on bro-tier, what can go wrong?

Frankly, this was a pretty damn good episode. Can't wait for Princess to become more active. Also good teamwork yo!

xtTCNkc.jpg

The grandfather thing is important, at least.

I have this odd feeling that this film is nowhere near as significant as the last one was in terms of the overall story.
The only thing I can think of at this point is Doremi's Grandfather passing away being involved somewhere down the line.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Chuunibyou 8

Again, this really isn't what I expected when I jumped into this show. It's better. Seriously loving this. Getting really strong Toradora vibes from it, actually (although I'm not making any quality comparisons, at least not yet).

Lots of emotional impact this episode, especially
at the end, with Rikka starting to fall in love with Yuuta

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 37

lol, so it turns out the third member of the love-interest boy trio, Mikoshiba-kun, who hasn't had anything resembling focus until now...is actually a super-rich kid with more resources than God! Like, he's far beyond even Karen levels. The guy lives in a mansion that looks big enough to hold a small town, and it contains a giant secret underground training facility, complete with crazy computer analysis technology that can scan the Cures' power levels and shit.

This also marks the first time in all of Precure that I can recall the Cures transforming and spending most of the episode in Cure form not for battle purposes, but just for training and hanging out. It was kind of entertaining to see the male trio fanboying the fuck out over them (naturally they each gravitated towards the correct love interest even though they're still oblivious to the Cures' identities...)

And finally, thanks to a lesson from Miyuki on working as a team, the Cures finally got the one thing they've been missing: a proper group finisher! Or in other words, an attack that actually works on Sorewatase. So that's helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom