• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Nisekoi 1

This is sort of the worst thing ever!

How rude!

Onodera >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shitoge

But you speak truth so I forgive you.

Fresh Precure! 35

Chiffon recovered and de-Infinity-ified!
That's a relief, I was a little worried
they might spend the rest of the show trying to get her back. And how would I live without Chiffon's cuteness?!

Also, the final piece in the enemy compass theme has finally arrived in the form of a woman named Northa. I guess we'll get to see what she's capable of next episode.

Also also,

iYUGIBSngEYzn.gif

BROSWITCH! That's a new trick XD

That's true which is why I'll continue to show no interest in the genre besides to spit on it, or to watch the extremely rare one which somehow becomes acceptable like Toradora.

Or Clannad.

Know what scratch that. Don't know if I would classify Clannad as a RomCom.

At least Raku's a good cook. :p

Considering the amount of men and high school students in anime who happen to be master chefs, even though that takes years of study, practice and experience, I wouldn't be surprised if every other male on that school and in Japan was also a great cook.

Your favorite character is shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

fertygo

From what I can recall Nisekoi runs in WSJ and is apparently pretty popular so the author basically has zero incentive to do anything other than what he is currently doing.

Its only mid-tier, but you can easily see they does have very big hope its can explode after anime-adaptation ala Kuroko's Basketball, with the extra effort for the anime unlike Medaka Box.
A healthy attitude, no doubt.

Maybe now you can stop promoting the show.

Gazoinks

Considering the amount of men and high school students in anime who happen to be master chefs, even though that takes years of study, practice and experience, I wouldn't be surprised if every other male on that school and in Japan was also a great cook.

Your favorite character is shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

I don't particularly like Raku though. Onodera's wingman. Wingirl. Is cool. Chitoge's alright. That's pretty much it. :p

That's true which is why I'll continue to show no interest in the genre besides to spit on it, or to watch the extremely rare one which somehow becomes acceptable like Toradora.

Golden Time is breaking many tropes. The show has its issues (ghost banri) sure, but just like with Toradora (same author and all) it does well in breaking away from tradition to give us something fresh, albeit cheesy dramatic, and sweet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No-Rin 6
Mje4kBfl.jpg

Somehow, this show is also educational and we get a seminar about marketing.

NuSuRMml.jpg

RbsVx05l.jpg

And speaking of Fujoshi, we get a seminar in how to market mushrooms to yaoi-lovers.

Man, this show is so dumb in a good way. lol

Somebody should do an IS and Nisekoi crossover. Where they discuss why it seems like they're the only two interesting men in the planet.

This remind me of the cross over DATE episode in the fate cross over series CARNIVAL FANTASM ..
Put Both MC , make them date everyone at the same time , observe the mayhem.

----------------
NIsekoi -06

Looooooooool
As someone who has read the manga , i cannot help but laugh at this ...
a baseball ball ?
This is worse than the fireworks effect , way worse way to prevent a confession.

You know. This ugly little guy from Letter Bee has really grown on me. It's like the equivalent of a bulldog or pug in anime creature form. So ugly it's cute.

Gno4uol.jpg

Also they're always trying to cook him

GxjgLZG.png

People Eating Tasty Animals approved

Pugs are made out of miracles, that thing is going to give me nightmares!

C4sD08B.png

My dear boy, miracles aren't scientific enough for a dog of this stature to believe in. Bring in scientific proof. And biscuits.

Also as to the Nisekoi characters is... is that character called Marika? I'm sure the spanish speaker fans are having a field day with that character. If you know what I mean.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Chuunibyou 5

The main takeaway from this episode is that Rikka and Yuuta are growing closer. Aside from that, some pretty funny moments, like all the censored references to other media. Good stuff.

Gazoinks

When people say "waifu", I just read it as "I'm a big fan of this character/person". Even if I know they're much more serious about it than that. It's the only way to stay sane in the anime fandom.

I work under the assumption that people are using it as an in-joke and not being serious. Whether that's a safe assumption is up to debate. :p

Nordicus

Now that I finished Slayers, I thought it was time to start a proper highly acclaimed series that's been on my To Watch list forever, Haibane Renmei

Episode 1

From what I've heard (and possibly misremember), there is plentiful afterlife/purgatory allegory in this series and the first scene (plus, ya know, angels) definitely seemed to go for that.

The cocoon was a bit of sudden slightly unnerving imagery. Obviously it's routine for Haibane since they're born from these veiny rooted egg-shaped formations, but Reki's sudden shocked reaction for a moment there almost hinted at something more sinister. Dunno what was up with that momentary, deliberate misdirection in mood.

Rakka having to put a brace on her halo because she couldn't keep it on her head was all kinds of cute (apparently halos are crafted in this universe), and- OH GOD SUDDEN WING GROWTH

Okay, okay, so this series definitely isn't just cute. When there's drama or uncomfortable scenes to be had, this show won't downplay them. Unless the downplaying itself is the point, I'd guess.

I'm eager to see why Haibane (these angel people) are mainly small children or women. It might be that the men are somewhere else for whatever reason, but there is a reason, I'm sure of it.

Episode 2

That opening song sounds so SO familiar. Maybe JesuOtaku used it a lot in her videos because she likes this show, or i've heard it somewhere else a lot. Can't put my finger on it.

I might be reading too much into this but I wonder if Reki is lying about the dream she saw before she was "born". She had a very troubled look while mentioning pebbles, so maybe she was stoned in her dream rather than walk down a pebble path?

I did not expect to have the afterlife/purgatory thing as being literal be squashed this early.
I mean, there are humans living in neighboring city, it is not that simple anymore. However there's some connection still left, as Haibane Renmei has close relations with a local religious society Toga, they're not really allowed to gain significant material wealth in any way and they probably have to(?) live separately from humans. At least newborns anyway.

It is also odd that Toga are more "holy", as in untouchable, than Haibane are. Sure, Haibane don't have any seemingly special powers or anything, but still, angels.

Hmm, crow again...

Gazoinks

Now that I finished Slayers, I thought it was time to start a proper highly acclaimed series that's been on my To Watch list forever, Haibane Renmei

This is a pretty excellent show, but I never finished it because I was young and dumb at the time. Need to. Also Lain.

cnet128

Banned
The real crime is Tsugumi only being fifth.

No, the real crime is Haru only being sixth. She's better than at least three, possibly four, of the five characters above her.

But with Onodera in her rightful place at the top and Ruri making such a respectable showing, I can forgive the fans for not giving quite enough support to a more recent addition to the cast. Hopefully she'll do better in the next character poll.

Hori-san to Miyamura-kun OVA 01

This was really really really really good.

Should be a full series.

I should also read the manga for this posthaste.

Mature

Lupin the 3rd (1971) 1-6
I'm not even at the Takahata or Miyazaki episodes and I already love this. I think the Goemon introductory episode was my favorite so far. Some episodes have a distinct visual charisma, while others show their age a bit more, but they're all a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom