• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Happiness Charge Precure! 03

So Seiji is aware of their powers, and will be helping out. That's more than Daisuke ever got. Though at the same time, Blue lays out that when you're a Precure, love is forbidden. A bit more merch (a phone thing), but mostly, this opens up the path to the yuri route so hard.

Isn't it exactly the other way around? Why would they bother mentioning that love is forbidden if there were going to be no love in the show? It's obviously a set up for some later development. It might not involve Seiji, but it's almost certainly going to happen now.

Midonin

Isn't it exactly the other way around? Why would they bother mentioning that love is forbidden if there were going to be no love in the show? It's obviously a set up from some later development. It might not involve Seiji, but it's almost certainly going to happen now.
These goggles are made of pure deludium. I was reading this episode less as Megumi wanting to protect her secret identity as a superhero and more as Hime's lover, but I admit it takes very little provocation for me to see that.

Bombless

Log Horizon 20 (crossposting from the OT)

"I don't always cast spells, but when I do it's
WORLD CLASS
spells." Then they hit us with this :
FYm40eB.gif

JamesFrancoSoGood.gif

Isn't it exactly the other way around? Why would they bother mentioning that love is forbidden if there were going to be no love in the show? It's obviously a set up from some later development. It might not involve Seiji, but it's almost certainly going to happen now.

I would think Seiji could get involved with someone, although it would probably be with someone other than Megumi because they're bros/friendzoned.

Guess what Blue said was:

Romance is fine so long as it goes well...
However, when your relationship takes a turn for the worse it'll never recover...
That's why Precure are forbidden from romance!

Guess that's what the OP was about.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chuunibyou 7

Yo, so going into this show, I didn't expect things to get as heavy as they are. Damn.
So Rikka's chuunibyou-ness is a defense mechanism to keep her from having to deal with her father's death. Damn. Honestly was not expecting something like that
. On a happier note, Nibutani and Dekomori's ongoing feud continues to be hilarious.
This is where wonzo tells you about that movie he watched that does it better. lol

cajunator

Banned
You know. This ugly little guy from Letter Bee has really grown on me. It's like the equivalent of a bulldog or pug in anime creature form. So ugly it's cute.

Gno4uol.jpg

Also they're always trying to cook him

GxjgLZG.png

People Eating Tasty Animals approved

Looks kinda like a frog to me

Nisekoi110_20_RHS.png

Yay. Well done Japan.

team Onedera is clearly correct.

When people say "waifu", I just read it as "I'm a big fan of this character/person". Even if I know they're much more serious about it than that. It's the only way to stay sane in the anime fandom.

Waifu for me means I have bought 3 or more figures of the character if available lol.

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 38

Silly mktn manages to lose the Clover Box. That's so not knpk (even if she was kind of busy saving a little girl from being run over at the time). Cue a mad rush to get it back before it's too late (
Chiffon has been going all Infinity pretty regularly lately, and does it again pretty soon after they lose the Box, so they're desperate to get it back and change her back to normal
).

A pretty standard episode all round, though the scenes of Love
desperately holding on to Infinity-Chiffon and singing her the Clover Box lullaby to stop her from disappearing
were quite emotional.

Chuu2Chuu2 Lite 04

Mildly enjoyable due to them playing old maid.

I'm liking the Lite series more than the main one maybe because mostly because its shorter.

Kill la Kill 18

Well that was an interesting episode. Although the plot point of
Ryuko being the daughter who was experimented on and thought to be dead came out of nowhere. It was literally brought up this episode and dropped on us without any real build up or foreshadowing. Kind felt like they thought it up at the last minute to create a WOW factor which going by most peoples reaction it certainly did.
Action scenes were great as always.

The seeds planted for the next episode and the situation the entire cast is in is quite interesting. We will see if they can capitalize off these last two episodes.

Midonin

Shugo Chara! 49-51

That was a fine closer to the first season. The Embryo's more fickle than a Roaming Pokemon, but it feels like some sort of progress was made. (It was worth it for the "Guardian 5" moment. Sentai parodies will always work on me.) The violin episode was a fairly standard MotW story, but it did build on the Utau's manager episode, and I'm fine with that. Between them, the Guardian-focused one was cute. Liked the extended RPG parody in the middle.

I shall attend to Doki! at another time, once I've cleared out a few series from my backlog. Even 2-cours is plenty for me, so a full length one will need some time and preparation. But this show is easy to return to.

Fresh Precure! 38

Silly mktn manages to lose the Clover Box. That's so not knpk (even if she was kind of busy saving a little girl from being run over at the time). Cue a mad rush to get it back before it's too late (
Chiffon has been going all Infinity pretty regularly lately, and does it again pretty soon after they lose the Box, so they're desperate to get it back and change her back to normal
).

A pretty standard episode all round, though the scenes of Love
desperately holding on to Infinity-Chiffon and singing her the Clover Box lullaby to stop her from disappearing
were quite emotional.

cnet ... what a change of treatment , you weren't this fast with yes!precure Gogo ...
Is this speed the fact that you have more free time or the fact that you're enjoying Fresh precure ?

cajunator

Banned
New announcement from the Katsucon Aniplex US panel:

Nekomonogatari Black finally has a release date set for April 22 on Blu-ray. Preorders open on Feb. 18.

Another Aniplex US annoucement:

Nekomonogatari White is coming out as a Blu-ray set on June 24! Same preorder start date as Neko Black.

edit: turnaround time of 7 months from the last JP BD for the arc... not bad.

I am sold. Gotta keep my Monagatari collection going anyway. Pricing is surprisingly sensible.

It is most definitely something that be picked as "yes".

I mean, if you don't have free time, how can you blast through something you like?

Point of my question was that if he was trully enjoying fresh or if the delay in yes! was only because the anime was sub-par or something

Sekai Seifuku 2
Very adorable. poor Jimon Asuta. No one gets his name right. Felt that there was too little kate in this episode but at least Jimon got recognized for a job

Andrew J.

Fresh Precure 33

Finally, Toph mktnknpk Miki gets to go on a life-changing journey with Zuko Scanty Setsuna.

Wester is now more of a goofy sadsack than the Bad End Kingdom chumps.

Link Man

Banned
The Devil is a Part-Timer 7

Ya dun fucked up, Mao. Hilarious episode, Chiho's antics were especially amusing.

------------------------------------------------

On a different subject, have there been any rumblings of another Monogatari season after the one that recently ended?

cnet128

Banned
cnet ... what a change of treatment , you weren't this fast with yes!precure Gogo ...
Is this speed the fact that you have more free time or the fact that you're enjoying Fresh precure ?

Honestly, it's a variety of factors. There's also the fact that Heartcatch is up next, which I'm pretty hyped to get to, and the fact that HappinessCharge starting and looking really good has helped to boost my motivation to get caught up overall.

But yes, the biggest factors are that this season my schedule seems to have worked out neatly enough to let me fit in quite a lot of backlog watching, and the fact that I'm honestly just enjoying Fresh tons.

Fresh Precure! 39

Daisuke/Love shipping…in Okinawa!

As usual, the sweetest Daisuke/Love moments are actually the Daisuke/Peach moments.

They are capable of being cute together normally too, though. When they can stop fighting for two seconds.

Honestly, it's a variety of factors. There's also the fact that Heartcatch is up next, which I'm pretty hyped to get to, and the fact that HappinessCharge starting and looking really good has helped to boost my motivation to get caught up overall.

But yes, the biggest factors are that this season my schedule seems to have worked out neatly enough to let me fit in quite a lot of backlog watching, and the fact that I'm honestly just enjoying Fresh tons.

IN THE END, YES WAS THE CORRECT CHOICE!

I am the greetest!

Articalys

On a different subject, have there been any rumblings of another Monogatari season after the one that recently ended?
Well, the Hanamonogatari arc should be coming later this year (though that's not going to be a full season), and a while back there was a report that technically the entire rest of the series has had anime adaptations approved, though of course the details are yet to be determined.

And of course who knows what the fuck is going on with Kizumonogatari now.

Maken-ki Two - 04

List of references :
-Dragon quest 2
-Dragon quest 3
-Is this a zombie ?
-Those are problem children aren't they ?
-Strike witches
-Gosick
-Fate prisma illya
-Uppote

Not bad for a Comiket-like episode.
Episode was only good for fan of bondage or yuri , others might find this episode kinda dull even if it wasn't that badly animated.

Link Man

Banned
Well, the Hanamonogatari arc should be coming later this year (though that's not going to be a full season), and a while back there was a report that technically the entire rest of the series has had anime adaptations approved, though of course the details are yet to be determined.

And of course who knows what the fuck is going on with Kizumonogatari now.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, I've not read the novels (are they translated?), so my only exposure to the property is the anime. Glad to hear we'll likely get more.

Well glad that you're enjoying it , fresh is a cool season
IN THE END, YES WAS THE CORRECT CHOICE!

I am the greetest!
Ah, thanks. Yeah, I've not read the novels (are they translated?), so my only exposure to the property is the anime. Glad to hear we'll likely get more.

NOvels are translated ...but they aren't in one place. And they aren't officially released outside japan ( unless i'm missing a certain country ).
If you want to read you'll have to dig a little to read them.

Engaged to the Unidentified 5

Well the title of the show makes sense now.
I also laughed way to hard at Benio's "Mai Waifu" line.

Really starting to dig the show. Just an entertaining episode all around. The
loli mother thing was hilarious and I love how the mother and Kobeni met. It was hilarious. Also when Hakuya said "I'll Google it" I was like "are shows allowed to just say Google and be totally fine?". I know they are this is just what I think about when I am watching something like this.

I also foresee this inhuman power Hakuya gave Kobeni is gonna have an adverse effect on her health. I am counting on it.

Ace of Diamond Episode 19
BgjyjtTCcAAvo1r.png

Kawakami, Furuya, and Mei are the best voices in this whole anime and all are pitchers. This is an excellent voice cast theyve gathered and its just pleasing all around. Funny scenes everywhere from Mei's excitement with his pitch, to the above scene, and then the freezing scene. Just plain amazing.

Kill la Kill 18

I was waiting for shit to go wrong. Expected Ryuko and Satsuki to be related, and was disappointed. I didn't expect Ragyo to rip her heart out though, that was unexpected!
I eagerly await next week!

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 40

Episode of nightmare fuel.

i476XDiTZTu9e.gif

And thus Toei ensured that an entire generation of little Japanese girls would never be able to sleep again.

i65GKfRrz3WHr.gif

oh god whyyyyyyyyyy

The scene at the end of the episode after they got their real mother back, though, was outrageously heartwarming. I think my heart melted into a puddle on the floor watching it. Sogood.

Gintama 107-108

If there's one thing I've noticed Gintama does, it's giving me complicated feelings based on the scenario that just happened, mainly because of
some form of redemption for someone. Something rather common in shounen properties.

Like a make someone look like a scumbag one day, but then they're not as bad as you think. Frankly in this case, it was probably a better redemption than whatshisface from the Crisis arc, considering what he did, and how many people basically died from it (granted they were nameless mooks, but still), but then again, it was the work of the big bads manipulating him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom